The NESer Neptune's Pride Thread!

All this talk about Tau Marfark entering the final phase and I can't see a single damn map :mad:

:p

You can post from the minimap just fine even with no vision Thlayli. :p

Benefactor, Terrance888 and Daftpanzer seem to be in an alliance capable of ending the game. Looking at the map, it's basically 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock vs 3 o'clock to 12 o'clock. Starlife, who is being vivisected by Daftpanzer's vast numerical superiority, will not be able to provide enough stars to reach and endgame scenario himself, but he's effectively out of the running, with his only ally, Lord_Iggy, slowly declining in the face of an invasion by Benefactor and Terrance888.

More blood has yet to be shed in the battle for Tau Marfark.

Hey, did people end up going onto chat tonight? I only went onto chat a couple of times back in the day.

Tonight, when I clicked "chat" here in the forum, it sent me to #civfanatics, not #nes. In #civfanatics, I couldn't find a help window -- when I hesitantly tried typing #nes, it just displayed. Then I ran away! Any help would be appreciated. :blush:

Tau Marfark: the Movie

Link to video.

Starring:

Kerrigan: Thlayli (gets abandoned by rest of galaxy at the beginning)
Raynor: Starlife (disillusioned, becomes rebel alliance commander in aftermath of galactic betrayals)
Mengsk / Dominion: Daftpanzer (making a play for galactic domination)
Zeratul: Lord Iggy (mysterious allies of Starlife)
Prince Valerian: Terrance (hidden motives?)
Zerg / Infested Kerrigan: Benefactor (the emerging threat?)

This is the same trailer as for the old 12-player game. Except that one fits more and is more epic compared to this particular fit.

:p

*AHEM*

THE THEOCRACY IS IN CIVIL WAR

After the collapse and coma of Karadas, PROPHET OF PROFIT, first of his kind. Our people have fallen into civil war under the ceaseless threat of SeLf! Fascist Multiversal Adherents fight the Brotherhood of Capitalism and their brand of democratic fundamentalist justice!

The Confederacy (Rebel Alliance) has been battered and we are tired. We destroyed a 100+ fleet outside one of our core worlds, and a small fleet of ~50, but they will simply be replaced, and the men and women who died will be forgotten.

The Zerg Benefactor Swarm gobbled up one of our small recon fleets, that had famously occupied their system of Formalhaut. They were forced to use a fleet ten times larger to take us out, thus distracting from their efforts on the Protoss.

And the Confederacy fights on. Daft Panzeristan will not fall, but we will harass nonetheless, until our minds are to be taken out of the universe permanently in the Great Upload (read: I'll be away from Internet access for a few days).

Though the Nerazim Protoss of Lord_Iggy strike from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.

And Terrance888 is truly a strong match for Prince Valerian's tactical acumen. ;)

In the Kappa Algieba game I gave all my money to gimpchimp.

Lol. Thanks for the free money I guess. I'll see what I can do with it.

You gave your money to the guy who called me a spaz and a gimp for acting British in public chat? Crezth, I am disappointed in you.

In other news.

Kappa Algieba

Tau Marfark

Feeling like Captain Mifune getting overrun by the Sentinels in Tau Marfark... screaming incoherently and firing into overwhelming numbers to the very last. ;)

It's all over. In an hour's time, another 40-stack will die. Then the Deluge will have ended.

Over the last 3 days, I've shot down 360 ships and destroyed 9 fleets. The last great invasion fleet approaches now, and it, like all others, shall die. The Red navy has stood its ground.

Have to say I'm hoping Daft wins the game since his comeback from a central position is epic beyond proportions.

Starlife (aqua) abandoned his homeworld and sent his fleets on a daring attack into Imperial (purple) territory, retaking some of his systems and spreading panic in the imperial high command. However, our forces steadily closed in around the rebels. The main rebel fleet now doubles back to its homeworld, only to find it occupied and garrisoned by an ever-increasing number of Imperial Navy ships. This will be the last battle of the south-east sector.

Link to video.

Meanwhile, the Iggyians (yellow) proudly hold their ground against combined Aries Corporation (blue/ Terrance) and Jandorian (green/ Benefactor) attack. Iggyian collapse seemed imminent, but renewed Imperial-Jandorian tensions have perhaps discouraged the Jandorians from sending enough ships to make a breakthrough in this sector.

The Empire is strong, rapidly regaining its fleet strength from the losses suffered in the pacification of Starlife space, but is far from claiming leadership of the whole galaxy. Much remains undecided.

I expect to have been betrayed/invaded every time I log in. I can't go anywhere near an internet connection without checking on my Empire :) .

I don't think I've been anywhere near as paranoid in other games of NP.

You gave your money to the guy who called me a spaz and a gimp for acting British in public chat? Crezth, I am disappointed in you.

No rest for the wicked.

Top Bottom