The New Peak of Dow Jones

Everyone in the US has this idea that you need to have quick cash on hand for emergencies but everywhere takes credit and I can get a brand new interest free card with a higher limit than my savings in about 5 mins online. If there truly was an emergency I could just put stuff on a card while I get my cash out of investments.

Bro, most people in the US don't have "investments" or very good credit for that matter. This isn't the first time you've given the impression that you don't understand there are people with less money than you.

Bro, most people in the US don't have "investments" or very good credit for that matter. This isn't the first time you've given the impression that you don't understand there are people with less money than you.
Yeah not to dogpile but I've given up trying to point out that his experience is just that - his experience. It seems like every counterargument boils down to - But look I have this money! You guys are just not responsible with yours.

FFS I'm an engineer and I don't even have a 401k. That's unheard of just 10 years ago and is becoming the new normal.

I wish I had just put all my savings in apple or netflix a year or two ago. Everyone in the US has this idea that you need to have quick cash on hand for emergencies but everywhere takes credit and I can get a brand new interest free card with a higher limit than my savings in about 5 mins online. If there truly was an emergency I could just put stuff on a card while I get my cash out of investments.

Sadly, well maybe not sad but reality is when you're married you can't just invest where ever you want on a whim. My wife would freak if I looted our savings to invest it lol. I just throw as much in my 401k as possible.
Single stock risk is real.

Chasing short term gains with money you cannot afford to lose is not a good idea. In hindsight we tend to see only the fabulous opportunities we missed. If you have invested in a diversified portfolio over the past decade, you would be up a couple of hundred percent. Be grateful for that. Cash has been a tough place to park money since 2008. You might consider laddered, very short term bonds instead, Reasonably quick access and some interest.

It was actually -665.75, but calling it Trumps 666 moment is ok.

Top Bottom