1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Peak of Dow Jones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tuckerkao, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Lexicus

Lexicus Deity

Bro, most people in the US don't have "investments" or very good credit for that matter. This isn't the first time you've given the impression that you don't understand there are people with less money than you.

2. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Yeah not to dogpile but I've given up trying to point out that his experience is just that - his experience. It seems like every counterargument boils down to - But look I have this money! You guys are just not responsible with yours.

FFS I'm an engineer and I don't even have a 401k. That's unheard of just 10 years ago and is becoming the new normal.

Lexicus likes this.
  3. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Single stock risk is real.

Chasing short term gains with money you cannot afford to lose is not a good idea. In hindsight we tend to see only the fabulous opportunities we missed. If you have invested in a diversified portfolio over the past decade, you would be up a couple of hundred percent. Be grateful for that. Cash has been a tough place to park money since 2008. You might consider laddered, very short term bonds instead, Reasonably quick access and some interest.

4. tuckerkao

tuckerkao Warlord

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

It was actually -665.75, but calling it Trumps 666 moment is ok.