1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Team

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Wars Mod' started by NikNaks, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Maybe, we can make them 'minor' civs, that are always at war with everyone. Other than that, everything would be the same as my earlier suggestion.

2. Arminius

Arminius Jeff Vader

Vanilla only allows 18 civs including minor civs IIRC. If we can drop the barbs that would give us 19 to work with. Not enough to make a good mod IMHO.

3. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Oh. I think that 18 is an OK limit. Just not amazing. Lemme see...about 10 or so civs to start with. Then, we can add some, and maybe have 7 or 8 'race' civs, as in my earlier suggestion. That adds up to 18. We don't even need 10 to begin with, as I believe we have decided to make it in scenarios. Only 2 or maybe up to 5 civs in each. Then we can combine them.

4. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

There's no civ limit whatsoever. Trust me! CivGold has around 49, and is adding more right now. We can have as many as we like.

5. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Okay. But there is still the problem of load time. That would be a whole lot of cities. How could we reduce that?
    I just noticed that I have 200 posts now. Yay!

6. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

Not every civ in Civ Gold is being used in every game, but yes there is no limit to how many are included in the game. I don't think you'd want 49 in your games at one time obviously. ;)

7. woodelf

About this New Team...do you have a Leader yet? I'm currently the leader and have been adding whoever asks to be added. I can keep doing this forever or turn over the reigns to someone else. Up to you guys. So long as you don't pick a vapor leader.

8. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Adambot is technically the leader. But he hasn't done anything for 21 days. So we are thinking of electing a 'temporary' leader.

9. woodelf

If you need people added, threads stickied, or whatever just send me a PM. I'd rather stay the leader than have another temp.

10. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

I know you've got your heart set on finishing SotM, woodelf, so I could step in. I've got exams right now, but as you can see that isn't stopping me! I've got two whole months free from the end of June, with a short holiday during it.

11. Qdin

Qdin Warlord

I could take the temporary position too, as I've been here the longest and has actually kept track at what happened and what has been changed.

12. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

True, true.

13. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Why don't we make a vote? I'm a great believer in democracy.

14. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Democracy? Might makes right!! :lol:

I agree really.

15. Civmansam

Civmansam King

16. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

:wow: Didn't expect to see you back... at all. Shame to hear about your Civ 4. What's the problem with it?

17. WGW

WGW Warlord

Its good to know what happend it was so weird to see you gone all of a sudden and it was terible to see the mod die :(
    i still cant sleep from it at night :|
    anyway we will make this mod good again as it should be ^.^

18. Qdin

Qdin Warlord

I guess I'm not 'supporting' NikNaks in being the leader because I just don't think he's ready to become a leader. I doubt I am, but I've looked through every single post since this mod started and I know in which directions everytihng has gone adn why. Not something we could say to him as Niks - you HAVE annoyed me a few times by not reading previous topics ;) Besides, I believe in democracy under an empire - hehe :rolleyes:

I assume I can get a little critisism back now..?

19. woodelf

You guys definitely need someone to stand up and grab this mod by the sack. After scanning through a lot of posts (not as many as Qdin ;)) I see a lot of crucial decisions that need to be addressed and I don't think it needs to be democratic. People will either follow the leader's decisions or move on, some will lose interest and move on anyhow.

I know who I'd choose as leader and under him I'd have another 3 people heading up specific parts of the mod; graphics, design, and then programming. The Leader needs to have enough knowledge to tie these other pieces together into the mod and make hard decisions.

20. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

I meant democratic, as in democracy in choosing a leader. Not in making the actual decisions. But, who do you think should be the leader?