1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Team

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Wars Mod' started by NikNaks, Jun 6, 2007.

1. thrallgor

thrallgor Chieftain

I will also beta test

2. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Do you happen to have any specific area of Star Wars that you know a lot about? Or just Star Wars in general?

3. thrallgor

thrallgor Chieftain

I know a lot about Star Wars in general. Not just the movies but the Expanded Universe also.

4. Kissamies

Kissamies Prince

To give an example, I think I am well versed with most eras, especially the NR in general and EU around GCW, but I'm not that familiar with the prequel trilogy era and clone wars outsied the movies.

5. thrallgor

thrallgor Chieftain

I know lots about prequels and EU clone wars, and plus everything in the complete timeline.

6. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

And he's modest, Too!:p :lol:

7. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

I can help with some misc graphics, but not units.

8. johny smith

johny smith Deity

I could lend a hand if there is still interest in this, but I am confused of what is planned. I would like to suggest if someone has an overall plan it would be nice to get it stickied in the forums so others would know what to help with. I would like to know if the Final Frontier mod will be used for this, and if the mod would begin in 25000 years before Yavin or another date.

9. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Okay, first, if you posted that you'd like to join, please either post here again or send me a PM so I know you're still interested. After a few days, I'll update the OP and we'll see where we're at.

10. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Okay, if your name is in red, I'm waiting for you to confirm if you still want to be on the team.

11. Hadrean

Hadrean Hi, how are you?

I am still interested

12. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Great! That's 4 of us now.

13. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

I am still interested too.

14. Civmansam

Civmansam King

Still hanging around, and trying to do something. I can give you guys a basic outline of what I have right now if you want, but I havent worked on this in ages.

15. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Well, well, I've got an SVN set up at SourceForge, so if you've got an account there you'll be able to upload everything there.

16. Civmansam

Civmansam King

Yeah, I bought a new computer and I lost my vanilla install disk which meant that I couldn't do much modding until I found it. So until that happens, all I have are ideas.

I don't have sourceforge, do you know any other sites I could upload it to?

17. johny smith

johny smith Deity

You need another program to upload and download the SVN. Tortoise lets you update the files and lets you know what changes in the files occurred. As well instead of having to resend everything that is changed each time. Here is a link to the program.

http://tortoisesvn.net/

18. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

The thing about the SVN is it's like a 'live' system, where updates and stuff are semi-automatic (ie you click a button and it adds the changes). Once you get used to using it, you'll wonder why you never used it before ;)

19. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Okay, everyone who's on the team needs to get an account at SourceForge and PM me their account name. Once that's all sorted, I'll send you the details about accessing the repository.

20. Duneflower

Duneflower Warlord

My time may be somewhat limited, but I'd like to help out on this mod where and when I can; I can handle XML without breaking much of a sweat - except where it interfaces with Python, which I have zero experience with (tho having looked at one of the codefiles, it looks a lot like C, of which I have at least rudimentary knowledge) - and I at least think I have a pretty good handle on unit-balance and such...not to mention being pretty opinionated on design questions sometimes! *shiftyeyes* Though, if recent discussion over in the Planetfall forum is any indication, my ideas seem to have a habit of catching on...

Also, I actually own a copy of Star Wars: Rebellion, whose very existance seems to elude the awareness of even most SW fanatics I've talked to! :lol: Being a strategy game comparable to Civ and EU (albeit with very-different mechanics), assuming no-one else here has it, it could be a great starting-point for things like unit-strengths; it also may be able to provide some additional obscure planet-names. Presuming my disc will stop being AWoL at some point soon, especially since I've been wanting to play it lately! *sigh*