1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The New Team

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Wars Mod' started by NikNaks, Jun 6, 2007.

1. WGW

WGW Warlord

yeah i really want to know who you think that should be the leader :)
    i am not sure who needs to be the leader
    still thinking :)

2. Qdin

Qdin Warlord

Sovin, you're sure democracy will always work? ;)

Sometimes the minority can be the strongest and works the best if given and proven the chance :)

lol Woodelf - I was as lucky when I first joined this mod that there was 'just' half the amount of topics made.. Good luck with joining now and reading them all now :rolleyes: there's lotsa topics now - isn't that great? :D

I'm pretty satisfied with how everything has been developed. I've pushed my ideas through and has affected the whole mod and how most of you want this to end up with, and many of the ideas has been worked with too. I'm also really glad that we found a more Star Wars Universe like way to do the leaders and units instead of the suggestion I had with 'careers' instead of a specific Faction. I've personally quitted that idea because you guys got the perfect idea :D I think this mod is going in the right direction!

I'm just 'sad' that Adambot hasn't been telling when or how long he'll be absent... it's pretty annoying as I think he could manage to finish this mod off with great success.

I'll be absent in the voting of a new leader in case you guys really want to have a new one assigned.

Sovin, since you're so much up for having a new leader, can't you just PM around and wait for like... a week before posting the result(s) to see who people think should be - and see if we wanna have that guy to be the temporary leader.

Democracy works with in the first processes of planning, developing and managing the works. Unfortunately democracy doesn't work with final results - you gotta have an emperor/leader/president to look at all the democratic results and decide whether it will suit his/the purpose ;)

Gotta love it; if I was ever gonna be a king/leader or something of something big, I'd use democracy to evaluate different suggestions and projects which I'd use to affect my final decision.

3. WGW

WGW Warlord

i totaly think your right Qdin.
    i well everything :p
    yeah so sad that adambot is away for a long time now :(
    cant somebody contact him? ask him what is going on?

just a question do you guys think we should need a new leader now?
    or do you think it could wait a while.
    i think we need it now to get some order :)

4. Civmansam

Civmansam King

So I finally got Civ4 working, (kind of), but I still don't have warlords, which means no modding for me, only graphics work. I'd be willing to join the team, I just don't know who's the leader.

5. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

I thought that we were planning on making the mod for Vanilla anyways, so you can't mod because...

6. WGW

WGW Warlord

@ Civmansam
    The current leader is adambot, tough he hasnt been here for quite some time now :(
    You could also do the modding, we are making it for vanilla at this point.
    Good to have you back here :D
    This mod is going to be the best :D ^.^

7. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Hadrean's back too now. I'm going to add you both in :D

8. Civmansam

Civmansam King

Hey,

Thinking long and hard :p I've decided to resume leadership of this mod. And to redo the whole thing with Bts. Till then all we can do is graphics and ideas. So if you guys are ok, I'm going to start the new mod and redo this forum a bit.

9. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Are you going to take the ideas we made? The religions as races, and the scenarios? Because, I personally, and everyone else, have agreed with that. And having flavour units for all of the civs.

10. Qdin

Qdin Warlord

I'm not sure, Civ'...

You've been gone and we've made completely new plans.

If you aren't gonan follow our plans, I personally can't accept you as our leader... Weren't we gonna select another leader? I personally think we should try with another leader... Civ can take over if it one day fails, but not now ;)

11. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

If you accept our ideas and are open to new ones, then sure, be our leader. But please don't ignore the work we've put in since you've been gone. Are you ok with that?

12. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

My thoughts exactly.

13. Civmansam

Civmansam King

Alright it seems like everyone agrees that I should follow the ideas the team has agreed on, which is reasonable.
    First of, I need a list of these ideas in the private forum. While I can't promise every idea, I will probably accept about 90%. If I don't accept your idea, I'll tell you why not and I will offer a different solution. If you still want the idea, I'll put it in. I promise I will listen to all ideas and be open to anything. This is not entirely my mod anymore, and I accept that.

But I also will ask that you respect my future decisions and directions as leader. The last thing I want to be is a dictator, but I do want my team to follow me

Thank you for giving me another chance ;)

14. Sovin nai

Sovin nai Prince

Ok, I'll agree with that. How about making a co-leader system? That way, we could make a compromise.

15. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

I got a PM from one of you guys about the mod, and it's been far too long so if you guys need help with unit/Civ/leader/wonder/etc ideas and Civilopedia work, I'll be happy to help:)

16. Comrade Stalin

Comrade Stalin Chieftain

Can I help in the making of this mod, seems pretty good, I could help with beta testing and ideas, and, soonish, developing it, here are some of my ideas

The civs
    Rebel alliance UUs: X-wing, Y-Wing, Rebel trooper (normal, experienced and advanced) UB: Rebel base. Leaders: Luke Skywaker, Princess Liea religion: Light Side
    The Empire UUs: Tie fighter, AT-AT, Storm trooper (n, e and a) UB: The Death Star ( can only be built on planet with one moon or less) Leaders: The emperor, Darth Vader Religion: Dark Side
    The Rouges UUs: Rouge (replaces spy), Rouge trooper (n, e and a), rouge fighter, UB: Rouge bar (replaces bar, needed to recruit Rouge and Rouge trooper) Leaders: Han Solo, Greedo Religion: No starting Religion, but has mostly: The Bounty, The light side and the dark side
    The Wookies: UUs: Wookie flier (can only move on land and go to moons), Wookie trooper (n, e and a), Captured AT-ST UB: Beach head Leaders: Chewbacca, Yoda (mabye?) Religion: Nomad
    Ewoks UUs: Ewok Spear men (n, e and a), Captured AT-ST (yes, I know the wookies have it too), and Ewok Stone throwers Leader: Ewok king, C-3PO
    The Clone army Leader: Jango Fett
    The Bounty Hunters un-decided Leader: Boba fett
    Droid Army un-decided
    (these are just a few)

Religions
    Instead of religion, how about ideologies, i.e, the light side, the dark side, neutral, Bounty and nomad, each gives you a different bonus, the light side makes only the dark side more inclined to declare war on you, but means you lose relation ship points with all civs (except the dark side) for declaring war on anyone but the dark side, but, if anyone but the dark side declares war on you, they lose relationship points.
    The dark side has poor relations (-2) with everyone except the bountys, also, you lose relationship points with the the light side for declaring war on any one
    The neutrals have no pros or cons
    The Nomads have the advantage of being able to have as many cities as they want without paying, and can settle in anyones territory as long as they are at peace with them, but can only control 2 of the population, but, there cities can only reach a population of 4 if they are free, and, free ones are under productive and can only build a few mid-tech tree items and only one late-tech tree item
    The bounties are the most unusual of all the religions, they can only control 5 cities (of any population) but can raid cities, gaining money, but leaving it in-tact

17. WGW

WGW Warlord

thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
    we have had many discusions about these things.
    and we quite know how we want to handel the 'Religions'

i think we can sign you up and add you to the devolpment thread.
    if i am correct you can apply for acces to there.
    not sure how but i tought it was something in my acount.

18. Comrade Stalin

Comrade Stalin Chieftain

Sorry, I only read part of page two, should have read more, however, I am very inpatient :) I am also working on my new cuban civ as well! Also, if anyone wishes to help with my cuban civ, please feel free to pm me

19. Popcornlord

Popcornlord Steampunk Mechanic

I'll help with ideas and bata testing but I know very little about modding and would be useless at that :p

20. thrallgor

thrallgor Chieftain

I will join. I have little experience with modding, but will learn. But me down as research since (not bragging) but I'm pretty sure I know more about Star Wars than any other civfanatic. I can also advertise since I have a blog on blogs.starwars through my hyperspace account.