The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

For some reason my printscreen button is messing up so can't post it. Playing as Babylon, I've survived to 16th Century and I have finally started to explore the Mediterranean. I have found an odd Ottoman Empire. They have one city, their Capital, which is Ragusa. Anatolia and Constantinople have never been colonised by any civ (I had an abortive attempt at settling Gordion which ended up razed). Athens and Sparta are in the hand of barbarians. The Ottomans have never been at war, so never lost any cities. The last civilization to hold Athens was Arabia which has now collapsed. Just seems very weird. I can probably now colonise Anatolia after surviving invasions by Greece, Rome, Persia, Phoenecia, Seljuks and Arabia, as well as numerous Barbarian incursions, causing me to turtle a lot. I've just converted to Islam after capturing Indy Mecca. Just need to spread it to my Zoroastrian core to avoid collapse.

lol then they captured Atina (clearly after reading my post) and collapsed on the same turn.

EDIT: Re-spawned in the 18th Century. Capital of Krasnodar and one other city, Odessa. So basically the Khanate of Crimea. Athens was razed by france for some reason. Sparta is permanently barbarian. I founded Gordion and Byzantion and neither flipped at all. So strange.

Last edited:
advanced.png

You're right. I'm sorry. I'll slow down.

I accidentally deleted the save so I can't get a screenshot but in my recent Canada 3000BC game Polynesia built both the Great Lighthouse and the Great Library.

I don't have a screenshot, but in my Netherlands game (loading from 3000 BC), the HRC had
  1. Seized the Balkans down to Constantinople
  2. Seized all of Italy
  3. Ate up Poland
  4. And finally, created Holy Roman Peru and had completely eaten the Aztecs.

Moorish Conquerors.
From my latest Turks 3000 BC game.
Yes, I have Polynesia turned on, And yes, there is viking conquerors in Peru.

Did I mention Orthodox Ethiopia?

What's strange about Orthodox Ethiopia?
It just doesn't feel right. In other news, it did stretch down to Mozambique.
Before I shreqt them and made them basically Somalia and Mozambique, but that's not important.

Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG

America? Giving you Democracy? But you don't even have any oil!

step 1 gunboats

Spoiler Giant screenshot :

"But High Priest, wouldn't it make more sense to send out a group of footsoldiers?"
"Say, you look suspiciously close to Tezcatlipoca too..."
"Catapult it is! I call shotgun!"

Actually, I'd just sacrifice the catapulteer too and operate it myself. We can't afford to miss.

Loaded up a game as Prussia to see how it would turn out.
England appears to have collapsed along with all her colonies. French Mecca is a thing now. Tibet has taken over part of Siam and Indonesia has collapsed.
strange1.png strange2.png strange3.png strange4.png

Last edited:
Loaded up a game as Prussia to see how it would turn out.
England appears to have collapsed along with all her colonies. French Mecca is a thing now. Nepal has taken over part of Siam and Indonesia has collapsed.
View attachment 464836 View attachment 464837 View attachment 464838 View attachment 464839
I've had Portuguese Arabia and had the Nepalese Burma thing in the same game. The same in which Indonesia collapsed. Yet England is still around, and I'm currently at Canada, starting at 3000 BC as Egypt and nation hopping from there.

Tibetan Pagan and Indonesia collapsing happen in almost all my games (I haven't played for a few months though so that might not be common anymore)

Top Bottom