The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

It's normal that Tibet conquers Pagan. Historically Tibet conquered/occupied what is now Myanmar for a couple of centuries. Although it's a different issue if the concern is that they keep it for too long (which shouldn't be a huuuuge concern, or a Tibet-specific concern, because keeping areas longer than historically happens with most civs)

It's kind of a problem of the "historical tile" category. It's usually used to signify that the civ held this territory at some point in history, but mechanically it means that it will be easy to control that tile for all of history.

And Autonomous Community of Portugal's capital goez to ....

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0092.JPG
    163.5 KB · Views: 554
And Autonomous Community of Portugal's capital goez to ....
I've had exiled Portugal that owned the islands off the coast, yet thought "Hey! My capital is in the Congo!"
Also, in the same game, Portuguese exiles decided to become South Africa.

Well, can't spell Portuguese without Pot.

no, nothing happened, Turkey won with my personal 4th largest score for this mod with Germany and Poland as my vassals... And I kept historical cities only... (except Venice)

Last edited:
Civ4ScreenShot0096.JPG
Apparently DoC rules would not allow for the Great American Wall to be build without huge gaps, because currently one cannot build a fort next to the other fort or city ;)

Also, this is how far south Russia could venture if left unchecked!

Civ4ScreenShot0097.JPG

In before DoC labeled an enemy of the people

Behold the Korean 3 Kingdom city placement, which allows for 3 cities on 9 tiles of Korean Core. With China collapsed and some sweet culture pressure on Japan -- Silla and Baekje can even work Fishes intended for their powerful neighbors
Civ4ScreenShot0098.JPG
;)

okay, you guys..who did this?

"our people question the use of our nuclear arsenal...yadda yadda yadda." an anti-war movement? FANTASTIC. whoever did that, i applaud you. t'was fun.
The developers of Beyond the Sword did.

Can someone explain me please -- what are those fists?

Can someone explain me please -- what are those fists?
That means those AIs "have enough on their hands right now", that is they either are at war or preparing for one.

Tbh I think the AI should be reworked so their excuse for refusing to declare war should always be "No comment" unless you have a certain amount of espionage against them. Only once you pass a certain threshold do they give you the actual reason. Once you pass another even higher threshold they should even be more detailed, i.e. telling you who they are at war with or planning to declare on. With enough espionage you should be able to tell if an AI is planning to declare war on you specifically.The required espionage thresholds should depend on how much the AI likes you, so that it costs relatively little (but still more than 0) espionage to learn what a friendly civ thinks but a lot for furious ones.

Edit: Heh, you could even tell other civs when you learned that someone is planning to declare war on them for a relationship bonus with them and potentially a malus with the one whose plans you exposed, similar to but more sensible than this mechanic in V.

^^ Oh wow! Chinese-Australians salut you! :grouphug:

I've been playing a game and Thailand has been going beserk, conquering pretty much all of China up to Mukden. It's huge, and stable. I'm Russia currently so share a border around Mongolia and Korea.

I've been playing a game and Thailand has been going beserk, conquering pretty much all of China up to Mukden. It's huge, and stable. I'm Russia currently so share a border around Mongolia and Korea.

Pics, or it did not happen! :nono:

That happens fairly often when China collapses. Even the AI can clean up a bunch of independent cities!

Top Bottom