The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

600AD. They only beat Portugal to first contact by a few turns.
They are not alive in 600 AD, unless resurrected..

Even worse, zombie Tamils! :eek:

'The American president is facing impeachment'

Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

As he should be :)

'The American president is facing impeachment'

As he should be :)

Yeah, FDR really doesn't seem fit for office anymore, considering he let the Japanese conquer Washington.

upload_2019-4-19_21-20-48.png

In this 3000 BC China game I'm playing, England has conquered Ireland, the Vikings settled Iceland, and the Mongol's quick collapse to my army's forces allowed the Great Seljuk Empire to go ham.

upload_2019-4-22_22-24-44.png
I was playing Egypt for a Pagan UVH, got lucky after sending 3 archers to Babylon. 1 killed a bowman in defense only to die to their militia, that militia accompanied a settler north, I lost another archer to a militia defending their capital and killed it with my third. Razed the city, a couple turns later Babylon respawns with their capital in Shushan, which is not a Core city.

I believe it is possible to respawn in historical area.
What puzzles me more is the short time it took them to respawn.

Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
Japan actually attempts to take Brunei.
Unluckily for them, the Dutch spawns the TC troops and easily takes the city.

Here's an aqueduct
Spoiler :
I thought that was fixed in the latest version. What version are you on?

Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
An event that I've never seen before.
The Anti-Monarchists want the king to hand over some power to the Clergy, which is.. the Druids.

Notice how the option grants 2 gold to every Grand Temple,
but of course Pagan Religions do not have Grand Temples..

AI are actually competent at amphibious invasions on Marathon, leading to all sorts of crazy stuff, like Brazilian Sanaa on a regular basis.

AI are actually competent at amphibious invasions on Marathon, leading to all sorts of crazy stuff, like Brazilian Sanaa on a regular basis.

Honestly even on Normal speed Brazil, Colombia, and Argentina wind up in wacky places. Think it's a combination of big starting armies, starting navies, and (usually) not being at war with any major civs. Ironically, I see a decent amount of time on the 1700 AD start the Second Wave of Colonialism starting from the just liberated South American colonies.

Top Bottom