1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The "OMG! Look what happened in DoC!" Thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Oct 5, 2011.

1. mykeedee

mykeedee Warlord

Tamil India actually, In that game the India was a cornucopia of different countries: Mughals, India vassalized to Britain, Britain, France, and French Tamils. And yes I am Japan.

2. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Sounds like it needs more resources.

3. mykeedee

mykeedee Warlord

More hammers especially, However it didn't remain that diverse forever, the British did manage to absorb most of India later on with the exception of 2 French cities and one indie.

4. Hippo8085

Hippo8085 Shaken, not stirred

They should have more weight towards building workshops. Currently the Mughals are easily the most productive civilization in the medieval and renaissance.

5. Tomorrow's Dawn

Tomorrow's Dawn Heroes Never Die

On the topic of the Indian subcontinent, are we ever going to do anything about the Indian respawn?
    It's always incredibly jacked up and seemingly random where their capital is each time.

6. mykeedee

mykeedee Warlord

The Mughals are usually a great power until colonization starts but I find India to be hammer poor until levees + factories. On a slightly related note I wish China would become powerful again post-mongols, Ming China was the most powerful nation on Earth but A.I China never seems to be able to amount to much after they collapse the first time.

7. Moshe Dayan

Moshe Dayan Da General

In my Dutch game the Chinese repelled the Mongols, took over inner and outer Mongolia and occupied northern Vietnam and Pagan. They then vassalized Indonesia, Thailand, and Korea, who in turn annexed Manchuria and Eastern Siberia. Of course this isn't typical, but I shudder to imagine what would happen if AI China was buffed further, be it pre- or post-Mongol invasion.

8. mykeedee

mykeedee Warlord

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it didn't happen nearly every game and if it didn't kick the British out so many times. I also don't like how the French and British have overlapping Trading Company targets, I think the French should go for Indochina or at least somewhere else. They always seem to get shafted by having to compete with or conquer the larger and more established British territories. I find that resawned India tends to have its capital at Mumbai and they also tend to flip Vijinapura and maybe a few others which again screws France.

9. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Indochina was only colonised much later, and not with trading companies.

I've recently reduced India's respawn probability and since then I've seen a solid British India more often, will keep an eye on that though. I agree that India is potentially very productive with workshops.

10. alpav

alpav Prince

HORRIBLE cities by Egypt. Note Riyad settled by Turkey

Poland's only city and capital, Singidunon. Only the city itself is under Polish control. Fail!

Native workboat exploring South America

Looks like the Spanish Armada was even more of a fail than in real life.

11. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Oh, the Moors are already in game? :D

12. Historybuff

Historybuff The title isn't long enou

I was going for America from 3000 BC. I get in and go in to WB. Nothing too crazy. I hit enter, "Philip II wins a Historical Victory". Sucked all the want to play as America :(
    (It was Marathon and took a lot of time to load...)
    Civ4ScreenShot0126.JPG

13. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Can't UHV winnings disabled for AI only?
    Ergo we keep encourage them to follow their historical path, but they can't win from it. They have to pursue Time/Space/Domination/Conquest/Diplomatic if want to beat the Human :)

14. Hippo8085

They should get 1/3 or 2/3 always, but never the a historical one.

With France protestant, that pretty much means Prussia founded protestantism on spawn.

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

The AI isn't aware of the UHV, so they won't aim for it. If the do manage to get them, it's not on purpose. The chances that they get the UHV is so low that I don't think it has to be disabled for them.

IIRC, the AI only aims for the Space Race victory.

16. BenZL43

BenZL43 Physician - still can't spell this correctly.

Well, IMO, if it's disabled, we could safely encourage them to follow the historical path, like giving free AI only flip/conqueror etc without afraid they'll win the game :)

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

That may be so, but doesn't that make the game to determined?

18. strijder20

strijder20 Wallowing in irony

Not even that: the only victory the AI actively pursues is culture (not sure if they do so in RFC though).

19. Hippo8085

I once had France get a diplo victory, though that was mostly my fault thinking I had more world support than I actually did.

20. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

It's like the Free City of Krakow! ...except worse...