The "OMG! Look what happened!" Thread

Some pics of my games. Carthage, "Turn 124", it is not even 100 BC, and I'm in the Middle Ages thanks to the Oracle. :rolleyes: Note that Anibal has succeed in his cross of the Alps and now the evil romans only survives in Mediolanum. I also have Jerusalem and Burdigala.

Spoiler :

And this is my Persian empire. I got more of them during the early turns, don't got the historical victory though. :sad: Only the technological efficiency of these square-heads Germans stand against my hegemonic and benevolent rule, but they will know when I build atomic bombs... Vassals: Aztecs, Portugal, Mongolia and Turkey, the Incas collapsed when I was conquering them. :rolleyes: Germany have France and England as vassals.

(I moved the capital to Babylon).

Spoiler :

The name :p
This isn't a show off your empire thread we are only interested in OMGs :D

In that I am an awesome player. :D

But maybe you prefer the tale of the Vikings abandoning their natal Scandinavia to settle in Australia:

Spoiler :

OMG's (while this term is not so popular outside the US and certainly has lost some of it's value in this thread with sometimes mediocre pictures but I won't complain about that) are not so much what the human player can achieve, but what the AI achieved. There are few things left undone, like a medieval conquest game or a domination game without vassals. I understand you are new to this forum so your results are not bad, but not OMG to us. If the AI did that, it would be kinda exciting because you won't see that often. Many results are gathered from 3000BC America starts, to purify results. I once got a Khmer empire that competed with the European powers and was second in score by 1800. That's what I call irregular and impressive.

In that I am an awesome player. :D

Righto, so if you're so hot then - what is your best time (earliest victory screen date) to finish the Greek UHV (3/3)? Have you finished the Greek UHV?

If you can't do it in the BC era, might be time for a reality check and to ease up on this thread. You can post elsewhere with stories of your awesome exploits with Australian Vikings or whatever you like. Please keep this thread for something that OTHERS will find amazing.

BC era means the era before Christ? You can achieve to circumnavigate the globe before 1 AD?

Considering that BC stands for "before Christ", I'd say you're pretty well on the mark. Either that or he's using the term Sirian's way, to mean "Barbarian city" era.

Well this one isn't great, but why is the Chinese capital in Korea?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 354
:dubious:
Who is the green player to the North of the Chinese? I looked at the score list and Portugal and Arabia are dead but there is another dark green somewhere??????
Edit: Wait, is that Khmer Mongolia? I want to see it!

Anyways, Never seen the Chinese place their capital in Korea.

:dubious:
Who is the green player to the North of the Chinese? I looked at the score list and Portugal and Arabia are dead but there is another dark green somewhere??????
Edit: Wait, is that Khmer Mongolia? I want to see it!

Anyways, Never seen the Chinese place their capital in Korea.
Kmer

They didn't place it there, Hancheng was simply the largest city when Beijing got caught by the Mongolians thus it moved there, because of how that works I've seen Philadelphia as the English capital a number of times
The best OMG I've seen in this thread is ethiopians colonizing, It was by corovanrobber I think.

Top Bottom