The Rood and the Dragon - the Anglo-Saxon scenario

Look forward to playing this scenario again. I see you made an updated version Plotinus. I am pretty sure that the last time I played this scenario something happened with the game after a long time into it and it would just crash. Something was up but wasn't quite sure. Anyways, I still enjoyed it. Right now I am playing Rocoteh's ww2 global map, but after I am done with that I will probably try this scenario out again. I suppose I might as well d/led it now. Take it easy. (I wish I could change my name to BEERPACK since I quit smoking weed)...

Yep, this scenario is even better than the first version I played. I like how you put even more detail into it (Pictures in the background on the tech adviser screen). Seems a lot harder although I am playing it on the 2nd hardest difficulty and on what I assume to be most aggressive ai setting. I started as Wessex again which I remembered that I dominated pretty good with them last time I played this scenario. The Sussex are all up on me. I didn't even attempt to build settlers after seeing them pump them out way before I could and gobble up territory right by me. All military production with building improvements. Took one city from them and thought they were about to get it back then they offered peace so I gladly accepted. Dumb computer even gave me like 3 or so techs which I quickly caught up to the computer tech trading. Still plan to just go after Sussex and collect some workers from going at settlers and gaining their cities. I am sure it will all work out. I plan on not reseting because that indeed is the cheap way out. Just gotta make sure I am ready for war. Oh and I had pollution spew out from a city that was like on its 2nd turn of rioting must not of caught it. There was a little message but didn't think much of it till I saw a bunch of pollution engulf the city like an a-bomb hit it or something. Good thing I stole a bunch of workers from attacking settlers I suppose. Thanks for making this scenario even better. Oh and the Irish better not win through culture victory or I will go slaughter them even if they win. I guess I better build a bunch of culture buildings asap.

lol it happened again. Now I get what you mean by buildings burning down. Arg!!!

Thought it was pretty funny that I captured a city with Warrior Hall and was still able to build the small wonder myself. Pumping out those pagans baby...!

I'd like to congratulate you on a fantastic sceanario, in fact the first player made one I have played for Civ3. I am now trying to balance this and zombie island and my real life :crazyeye: currently playing as the Deira, and I am the most powerful saxon kingdom, currently annexed Lindsey to the south and am thinking of taking over Northumbria. However, everyone has dogpiled the Mercians so I might have to get me a slice of that pie :D The vikings have not shown up yet, but it cant be long now as I have just entered the second age, that first age goes fast.

Great fun and fantastic attention to detail, I have barely scratched the surface.

How silly of me to let this rest on my mod mantle (civcontent) undisturbed for so long. Eversince it passed my pedia guidelines and earned its way easy to a spot on my trophy shelf Iv been tempted toplay but other random epics have got in the way.

This is best scenario out of all the Conquests Reasons:
1 Pedia better then anything before or after.
2. AI builds and uses ARMYS!
3. New graphics in every dept.
3. New soundtrack very original and awesome to listen to
4. Very challanging but not impossable

I learn more from this then any massive mod. I even streched out the game by raising cultural points to 10 000 and turns to 230. Hey I just couldn't get enough, its not like it was to hard or something...
The next game I smarten up and paid for the Mark of Dan to be delivered to their door.

Still my choice for best scn ever too!
Though I like the old version better (lol)
it is the reason I ever started to post here.

I gotta figure out the easiest civ to play and try it again........

This problem hasn't been reported before, but I tried it myself just now and had the same problem. Perhaps it's a temporary problem with the download site. If it's still happening tomorrow I shall try to re-upload it.

[EDIT] I'm having the same problem with other downloads from that site too, so perhaps it's just them. I'll try to get it sorted one way or another as quickly as I can.

Hey,

Soul asked me to the PBEM of this great Scen.
I had no problem downloading from the links
Soul had posted in our PBEM thread.

based on the infamous scenario....
found HERE
and the patch... HERE

Its funny I'm the one who aways has a file missing. :)

Blaze Injun

The download problem is sorted now - I contacted them to find out what was going on, and it seems that all the CFC files were being moved from 3D Downloads to Atomic Gamer and hadn't been properly uploaded yet. You should be able to download it fine now (although they still make you wait several minutes before you can start downloading - I hate that!).

Hey Plotinus, I was going to kick Kentish butt by capturing the last city and this happened:

Can you tell me what's wrong? it's driving me nuts.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

just a quick update on the PBEM were doing based on this.

were only withing the first 20 or so turns, but seems to be a bit limited due to the 8 civs limit on PBEMs

but the interaction is great :D

i will advise later...
probably around turn 50 or so.

Plotinus, if you have specific questions, do ask.
i just not that much happening in the game right now... :scan: insert propaganda bluff fo rthe other players :scan:

[GrandEmperor] I have never seen anything like that before, either in this scenario or in Civ III at all. I suspect it's some problem that's not connected to the scenario. You could try asking in the technical help forum, perhaps?

[soul warrior] I agree that the eight-civ limit is annoying, but there's nothing I can do about that - one of the stranger limitations of Civ III. Glad you like it so far. As with many scenarios of this nature, things really get going once the map is fairly completely settled. I find that around the end of the first era or start of the second is when the wars really erupt.

tried that, someone in the technical forum told to report to here.

Top Bottom