[RD] The Russia News Thread

Nothing special today. Fatal car accident in Moscow region.
Seriously, in which country can two people just be crushed to death by a car?

I was thinking more about serious news. (See OP.) Inidividual car crashes are not news, unless, say, a person of note is involved. Car accident statistics might be news though, if they reveal anything beyond 'people died in car accidents'.

I apologize for badly constructed sentence. I meant "before he reminds me of derailing the thread" And he did, just above.
Now you've made me want to know about the discount system.
Mustakrakish said:
...and what is your problem with Finns anyway?
Problem?

:rotfl:
Oh, you haven't been exposed to my five-year-long attempt (ongoing) at learning the language… nothing that should be taken seriously, except perhaps the addiction to coffee.
In any case, it's your compatriots who have asserted that Finns are silently fluent (or possibly fluently silent) in many languages. ;)
Nothing special today. Fatal car accident in Moscow region.
Seriously, in which country can two people just be crushed to death by a car?
Related: why do so many Russians appear to have dashboard cameras?

Also: how well known is a certain elderly millionaire called Chavchadze?

Aaalso, what news are there in Russia about the protests against Lukashenko?

This would be more suitable for Ask a Russian thread, tbh.

Related: why do so many Russians appear to have dashboard cameras?
Mainly, to have evidence in case something like road accident happens. Also, to record falling meteorites and stuff like that.

Also: how well known is a certain elderly millionaire called Chavchadze?
I heard this name somewhere, but don't know what's special about him.

Aaalso, what news are there in Russia about the protests against Lukashenko?
There were news about it, most of people don't care. I didn't read about this beyond headlines too. Don't think it will develop into something serious.

This would be more suitable for Ask a Russian thread, tbh.
I forgot about that thread!
red_elk said:
I heard this name somewhere, but don't know what's special about him.
Sorrryyyy! I forgot to include the link.
He's financed by Konstantin Malofeyev to try and teach people about monarchism, bringing back the Romanov family or (a bit improbably I'd say) crowning Vladimir Putin as czar of Russia.
red_elk said:
There were news about it, most of people don't care. I didn't read about this beyond headlines too. Don't think it will develop into something serious.
Well, we'll see -and I'll post news when I find some.

Oh right, that crackpot. Didn't he try to buy an island somewhere?

Sounds more serious to me, than the lawsuit against mother for leaving her child in danger.

The one is a daily event, the other isn't - not yet anyway.

He's financed by Konstantin Malofeyev to try and teach people about monarchism, bringing back the Romanov family or (a bit improbably I'd say) crowning Vladimir Putin as czar of Russia.

The latter seems a bit redundant. Also, Putin likes to present himself as a 'normal person'. Supposedly all his income is what he gets as president. Lastly, the Romanovs are pretty much extinct. The family was executed during the civil war.

Monarchists are generally considered loonies. These guys would be lucky to get even 0.1% approval rating.

More interesting things happening today - we are celebrating 3 years anniversary!

Monarchists are generally considered loonies. These guys would be lucky to get even 0.1% approval rating.
Good to hear. :)

More interesting things happening today - we are celebrating 3 years anniversary!

If you wait long enough, Communists will also generally be considered loonies. Anywho, congrats to 3 years of Crimea occupation!

This is not good, you guys just don't want to pay for a lease, so you just repo the base for your own. Even Americans are still paying Castro the lease for Guantanamo.

Even Americans are still paying Castro the lease for Guantanamo.
They don't, unless you consider an annual 4000$ check as an actual payment for a military base. Check which Cuban government doesn't take, btw.

This morning, members of the house intelligence committee alluded to RT being instrumental arm of false and damaging Russian propaganda, during the public presentation of finds in Russia's election meddling and Trump's wiretap claim.

It's no longer a conspiracy theory that RT is weaponized media against the USA and the rest of the west. It's a statement by Congress.

So it tool HOW long for congress to figure that out?

Is Mystery !
A lot of Russians keep dying and having "accidents".

Key witness in Preet Bharara’s Russian probe just fell from fourth floor of building

A critical witness in a Russian mob-operated money laundering scheme may have just been forcibly thrown from a fourth floor window.

Nikolai Gorokhov, who is the attorney representing the family of anti-Putin lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, is still alive but in intensive care with severe head injuries, according to the Daily Beast. The Beast also reports that Gorokhov was a witness in recently fired U.S. attorney Preet Bharara’s investigation of a Russian money laundering ring operating out of New York City. BBC reporter Daniel Sandford tweeted that Gorokhov was due in court this week to testify before a grand jury on what he knew, citing British financier Bill Browder of Hermitage Capital:

In his own investigation, Magnitsky learned that officials working within Russia’s Interior Ministry and its tax bureau were members of the Klyuev Group. In a 2012 letter to President Obama, Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) described the group as a “dangerous transnational criminal organization”

However, President Trump suddenly removed him from his post after he refused Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ order to resign. In addition to the alleged attempt on Gorokhov’s life, Axios noted that seven other prominent Russian officials critical of Vladimir Putin’s regime have all mysteriously died since November of 2016.

http://resistancereport.com/world/man-thrown-fourth-floor/

Top Bottom