1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Thread Where We Discuss Guns and Gun Control

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lemon Merchant, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

why have USA at all just break into fifty independent nations?

2. Farm Boy

Farm Boy The trees are actually quite lovely.

Very American. :lol:

Spoiler gotta get :

Spoiler the chronology :

3. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

I don’t really want to help defend your state when it refuses to pitch in, represses it’s citizens, and blames me for all of its problems.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  4. Farm Boy

He's not West Virginian.

I've certainly never seen denizens of richer states go all "eff you " to the ... oh wait, lol.

Commodore likes this.
  5. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

the first one is because almost every red state is a debtor state. The second is because almost every red state passes laws limiting the rights of its citizens such as voting rights or bedroom laws and bathroom laws.

finally you are right of course. It is unamerican but so is undermining the basic rights due to us in the constitution which your premise here necessarily promotes. Yay guns! Great. Now Alabama passes a law that only white people can vote or hold office. Autonomy though right?

I’ll help defend up until you stop supporting the bill of rights and subsequent amendments. The. This is a different debate. The gun argument itself doesn’t get us there but 50 “autonomous” states does real fast.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  6. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

No really do elaborate here. I want to know more.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I already told you, when Civil War II starts and they call for draft volunteers age 15-50 to ante up and kick in to preserve the Union, I won't hide.

But as @Timsup2nothin and you IIRC keep pointing out... things in the country are way too good for the average American, and frankly even the below average income American, for armed rebellion to be any reasonable possibility. When there are breadlines all over the country, towns ablaze for months on end, schools closed, stadiums shut down, hospitals overloaded, stocks crashed, police on strike, banks out of business, internet down, electricity/water not working... maybe... but not now.

I guess we're getting there, with... some of that, but certainly not all of it.

hobbsyoyo and Timsup2nothin like this.
  8. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Because of open borders. What we see right now in California is our good neighbors in Arizona saying "we won't tighten our gun control laws...just look at California and their gun control laws...they just don't work!" Their proof that California gun control laws don't work is that the streets are just flooded with guns most of which were purchased in Arizona.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  9. Sommerswerd

If you get drafted you get free training and access to weapons. You can form a warband later if the Union loses the War.

10. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

My warband will be consuming human flesh if necessary. Top that.

11. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Sheep bombs. Trained killer attack sheep.

12. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Thanks! I've been trying to find a practical use for the skins.

13. Farm Boy

If necessary. That's a universal qualifier.

Tell me more about what those tricky colors do.

14. Sommerswerd

Sold.
    Double sold.
    Decisions, decisions :devil: :shifty: :satan:

15. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

You and I have debated the state's rights/ability to circumvent the FCC to obtain net neutrality where you argued precisely the opposite. You might as well have directly lifted one of my posts the subject and posted it here!

16. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

There is no case to be made against immigration sanctuaries because their police are only declining to assist feds. Basically: it's not their freaking job. They assist as a courtesy only.

West Virginia actively preventing feds from doing their job is classic nullification and we already decided that ****-don't-fly in eighteen-sixty-fi'

17. Estebonrober

Estebonrober Deity

The fact that WV is considering this over stupid AR 15s to me shows how insane the right has gotten in the last 40 years. When I was a kid "assault rifles" were banned. I remember it being an issue but not like now, not a potential civil war issue.

18. Farm Boy

States weren't making a ruckus about telling immigration to fudge of either. 2020 it is and y'all look crazy at least half the time. Not really any different there, just more of you and less of me on the balance. Fun, eh?

19. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Yay! This means that we have people willing to go to guns in order to protect the super PACS after citizens united

Your country is being invaded. It just happens to be a virus. You think the instincts would be similar?

Remember your economic theory! Just because a state is not a net taxpayer doesn't mean that it's not a net contributor. It could be true, but it need not be. It's very similar to insisting that someone who is not a net taxpayer is not a net contributor. If it's said about an ally, you know why it's wrong. We only think it's true when it is said about an opponent

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  20. Farm Boy

Undervaluing the goods and labor of people we're better than is a human feature. Once it's systemic it's just "market science" or "natural morality" or something.

I know it was a very different era with horrors of its own, but I've been missing my father's descriptions and the better historical speeches and vibes of Eisenhower. I mean, McCain wasn't near as cool and I've been missing him too. Went out like a badass at least.

Sommerswerd and El_Machinae like this.