The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an increasing problem, certainly, but their standards are largely men-imposed.

Well… I need something to tide me over, given that, while I have recently completed the coursework to be awarded a degree, I will not be getting the official degree until sometime next year because of bureaucracy, and I cannot simply wait sitting on my smother's sofa watching Pinky and the Brain for an entire year.

And they appear not to be the kind that promote from within unless you're a ‘whiz kid’ (I believe this to be the proper 'Muricanian idiom) which I definitely am not. :/ Well, not for their line of work at least.

What other choices are available to you? Is it just this?

Well… there's always freelanceTak on LinkedIn. :cringe:

Oh, and I have to make a new thread.

It's an increasing problem, certainly, but their standards are largely men-imposed.

It's way more social class/category based than gendered, near as I can tell.

Women can quite easily wear boot cut jeans, undershirts, and flannels around like I do if they want. They all come with useful pockets, and they can take a purse/bag with them while they do it. Now, they might not want to or pay the social cost of flying a particular social flag*, but that's class pressure as much as anything. Also might not be accepted at their place of employment, but again, it's hard to argue that's anything other than class enforcement.

*Haircut and boot style changes the category of trite stupid first level impression significantly.

Well… I need something to tide me over, given that, while I have recently completed the coursework to be awarded a degree, I will not be getting the official degree until sometime next year because of bureaucracy, and I cannot simply wait sitting on my smother's sofa watching Pinky and the Brain for an entire year.

And they appear not to be the kind that promote from within unless you're a ‘whiz kid’ (I believe this to be the proper 'Muricanian idiom) which I definitely am not. :/ Well, not for their line of work at least.
I've totally been in your situation before, when I needed a job while I was waiting for something else, and I found it was okay doing something I knew wouldn't have any other opportunities or something. I felt tided over like you say, but I feel I also learned some things, and even when it's miserable it's nice knowing it's not forever, right? If you decide to do that, I hope everything works out for you, and congratulations on earning your degree. :)

I don't understand back pockets. It's uncomfortable or painful when sitting down, not to mention it obliterates whatever is inside that pocket at the time.
I put biscuits in there. And then forget that I put biscuits in there, and sit on them.

0/10, not recommended.

Why would you store edibles on your butt to begin with?

I put my wallet in the back pocket all the time. Back when I had more hair, also a comb. These always worked well in back pockets.

I put my wallet in the back pocket all the time. Back when I had more hair, also a comb. These always worked well in back pockets.

You were a greaser, weren't you?!

Nah, that's before your time.

Or was it? :mischief:

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom