1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The Void Wakens - A God Game

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Civ'ed, Apr 13, 2015.

1. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

Sivle watched silently as the other gods did their thing and started dancing. As they railed and ranted at one another, the moment was ripe for the true gift to be added to the new races. A sparse few would begin hearing the drums of the beat and bring music into the world.

Action 1: Give a select few individuals of all races the idea and concept of music and the desire to bring music to the rest of the world.

2. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Collaborative Action II: Creation of the Fae

Aran'shei, master of souls, returned unto the western land of Arran upon imparting his gift to the sleeping race of man, residing once more in the quietude of the silent vales and misty forests of the west, where the veil between the otherworld and the material plane was thin. Yet in time music broke the silence and another voice was heard, compelling Aran'shei travelled unto the sound to find the composer of the music.

He beheld the face of a goddess, fair and wondrous, the light to his shadow, the life to his afterlife, the choice that renders manifest change and the sin that arises forth from wanton abandonment to desire. He beheld Ghorra Nim, the goddess of life, choice and sin. And He desired her, for the completion of his mandate was manifested in her presence.

And lo the god, Aran'shei came upon the fair goddess and said unto her "Let us join together, and by the union of our essences create true children of the gods to inhabit the world, children to stand astride the near and far, and to with wild abandon rejoice in what we have made"

And the goddess smiled and answered him saying "Let us join together and by the union of our essences may we create true children of the gods, children who shall know the joys of life unending, and with true desire render manifest the fruits of their choices upon the face of the world"

And the god and goddess embraced each-other in a divine union, and from their union were brought forth the thousand fathers and thousand mothers of the Fae, those fair beings little less than gods who from the goddess obtained life unending, and from the god great power and insight into the otherworld. Strong were their desires and emotions and great was the drive to implant their will upon the world, for they were the children of the gods of desire and choice, of change and sin and their parents anticipated with joy the works they would create.

And so it was that the god took the firstborn son (whose name was Dagda, and who in time would come to be called the King of the Fae), and half the Fae and naming them the Aen Shae (the people of the god) he set them before the throne of judgement on the shores of the lake of the isle of the blessed, and endeavoured to reside amongst them that he might guide them with a fathers stern hand in his ways, and behold with his own eyes their works, his household coming to be known as the Court of Winter, for winter was the season of Aran'shei. And the goddess, taking the firstborn daughter took the other half of the people to lands far beyond the lake of the blessed, and perhaps even the land of Arran, and the god knew not of their fate.

-

Name of creature: Fae
    Appearance - what does it look like?: Human-like, somewhat taller on average however and with an otherworldly beauty. Generally fair of countenance, with those taken by Aranshei being black of hair and golden eyed in the image of their gods manifest form.
    Traits - what does it do?: Immortality [freedom from death by disease or old age] by virtue of being descended from the gods of life and the afterlife (can however be slain, although those slain are eventually re-incarnated into the world by Aran'shei after resting in the afterlife in his fatherly embrace and by his decree), their reproduction rate is also relatively slow, taking into account the immortality of their kind. Strong in the Otherworld, as descendants of Aran'shei the fae have a strong spiritual presence in the otherworld, which gives them stronger dominion over the forces of magic than other races as well as great influence over the realm of spirits. The firstborn generation (those who are the direct children of the god and goddess) specifically are very powerful, with the subsequent generations power being somewhat diminished from those heights. The Aen Shae (Fae of Aran'shei) reside in Arran, with their seat of origin being by the shores of the lake therein. The Fae in general are naturally somewhat more intelligent than humans, although not excessively so, their natural intelligence however is amplified by long experience.
    Sapient? - could it form a civilization?: Yes.

-

Action Summary: Create the Immortal Fae through divine union (procreation) with Ghorra Nim, and taking half the race and the firstborn son and setting them in place by the shores of the lake of the isle of the blessed in the land of Arran (the western land created by Aran'shei), descend and reside amongst them as father and teacher, these fae becoming known as the Aen Shea, under the rule of the Court of Winter (the household of Aran'shei, who for the timebeing is descended amongst them).

-

ooc note:

Spoiler :
    Tyo has noted his approval for this project, so hopefully he should confirm this and elaborate on what he does with his half of the race (in the absence of which, one presumes that half remains in Arran, the site of the races creation). Also noting that since two actions were used (mine and tyo's presuming he does confirm) one can presume that the Fae are catapulted to civilisation-building sentience instantaneously (which one could reasonably expect from them being children of the gods imo) ...?

3. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Strictly speaking, they should probably still be going through Heshan for access to magic. The otherworld, as a creation of both Heshan and Aran'shei, however, they can have a strong influence over.

4. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

The parasitic worm creatures on the main continents were beginning to form societies and junk. It was really, really boring. Their hosts also developed laser eyes, just like the flying worms of the rocky skies, except they could devote at will one eye to actual vision and the other to wonderful thermodynamic deathrays.

Meanwhile, a curious island erupted from the seas between the ironically named Greenland and the place with all those trees. A slew of the whirring, flying stones spewed forth from the new earth and joined their airborne brethren above the mountains elsewhere, but some stayed behind and flew around the island. The displaced waters did not wreak catastrophe upon all land, but instead was absorbed by a constant storm system rife with towering cyclones of aquatic death. The island was pockmarked with caves emanating a strange noise similar to the rocks, and every so often, a new rock would fly forth from a cave. The rocks flying around the island were being constantly weathered by the wind and rain, but never seemed to completely dissipate. Strange creatures came to inhabit this harsh land, capable of surviving in this quite inhospitable, wet, and lightningy environment.

They were all various shades of bright pinks and purples, and smelled like fresh laundry. Many of them had googly eyes.

5. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Heshan has dominion over forces of magic that is true, that does not necessarily mean that the mortal races to use magic must go directly to her to do so [although doing so would certainly help]. This is because authority over the force /= absolute gateway control, people can build for example without appeal to the civilisation god or desire something without requiring Aran'shei to implant that desire in their head. Putting all that aside though, nothing you've said renders my statement regarding greater power compared to other races over forces of magic is invalid noting that the otherworld flows with magic as per the part of its creation narrative you wrote, hence by virtue of having greater power in the otherworld than other races greater innate magical prowess naturally follows ipso facto their influence in the otherworld is stronger (something you agree is within my authority to establish with no objection). Greater magical power is a logical extension of greater presence in the otherworld, the sphere of spirits and magic.

-

NOTE: Age of Creation is over, iirc this means that new creation of lands is no longer possible, with terrestrial alterations being limited to gods with jurisdictions aligning with the field, and to those with existing territorial spheres of power (limited to those aforesaid spheres).

6. Double A

Cived seemed to be okay with my shenanigans.

7. Civ'ed

Civ'ed I ain't gotta explain a thing

I interpreted the island as being made out of those flying rocks.

8. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

Its all good by me (I thought I posted something along those lines, but it seems it didn't submit properly)

9. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

Ordo turns His attention to the sleepers. Unto them He gives the gift of hierarchy so that every human shall know their place and together the collective shall be greater than the sum of the individuals.

His second act of the age is to direct His Preservers to do something unprecedented, create something new. At His command the Preservers gather together en masse to create a great city. Laid out in concentric rings of shining, unbreakable crystal the Eternal City symbolises the hierarchy Ordo has prepared for the humans. When it is complete the gates are sealed such that none may enter until the humans awaken and take possession of it.

10. Civ'ed

ok, I'm going to put this up to vote.
    THere are a LOT, and I mean a metric ton, of IOTs and CYOA's and other projects running right now. Also, I feel like I am not up to scratch with the length and qulity of my updates. As such, we have three options as I see them.

1. [*]Same as always, no regular update schedule but usually 4 days - a week
    2. Limited updating - every fortnight an update happens. Updates SHOULD be around 500-700 words each now.
    3. End the game.

11. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

12. Gurra09

Gurra09 Guru of Hekkia

Option two sounds better to me than ending the game, so I vote two. But only keep updating if you actually want to keep updating.

13. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

I'm not going to vote, because the fact is, if you're not comfortable with continuing the game, simply don't. Just take my word for it, if you are not committed to this game, just don't do it. It's a disservice to yourself, when you could be spending time doing whatever it is you really want to do. Your players can't really decide this one for you.

14. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

I concur with EQ

15. filli_noctus

filli_noctus Hmmn

I agree with Nick EQ.

16. Polyblank

Polyblank King

As EQ said, do what you feel is right to do.

17. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

If you do not feel inclined to continue EQ is in the right, if you do then option 2 would be my pick.

18. Double A

I like your updates, Cived.

19. Civ'ed

I tried to do the update.
    I really did.
    I just can't find the motivation anymore to do it, however.
    While the concept of a god game is interesting, and I'm happy that it worked for so long, I just don't feel I'm doing the concept justice. I'm really sorry for everyone who enjoyed the game, and I mean, I did, but I'm afraid that I cannot find the motivation needed for this anymore.
    Sorry.
    :(

20. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

It is finished (rings bell once, closes book, snuffs out candles)