The volcano issue

Now that you mention it, I only got that event early on as well. But now that I'm later on in the game, I have a building burning down in my capital city every 10-40 turns. I just built Inuksuk, which took 38 turns. During that time my firepit, my smokehouse, and my sandpit burnt down.

Really that sort of thing is just frustrating, not really game content. It's cool to have that type of thing happen once, maybe twice a game. But to have to constantly rebuild the same buildings?

I know it's a bug, I'm not dogging anyone out. It's a bug. But it's the most annoying bug I've ever had in C2C.

I don't know any virgins to sacrifice, so I may have to just go back to v23 for a few weeks while the Mexico vacation is underway.

Can you post a savegame of the "burn downs"? It would really help in evaluating the flammability rates.

JosEPh :)

Here are the stats for the city, Rome, that had 3 fire events within 38 turns.

Air Pollution: -362
Disease: 42
Flammability: 35
Crime Rate: 70
Water Pollution: 34

Buildings: Wow... lots of them.

I don't have a saved game from that part of the game. Sorry.

I am still playing though! Great game. I'm just passing out fire safety pamphlets at city hall. It seems to have worked for a few turns now.

By the way, this could all be random stats. My game might be on the outer edge of the bell curve for randomness in favor of fires.

Here are the stats for the city, Rome, that had 3 fire events within 38 turns.

Air Pollution: -362
Disease: 42
Flammability: 35
Crime Rate: 70
Water Pollution: 34

Buildings: Wow... lots of them.

I don't have a saved game from that part of the game. Sorry.

I am still playing though! Great game. I'm just passing out fire safety pamphlets at city hall. It seems to have worked for a few turns now.

By the way, this could all be random stats. My game might be on the outer edge of the bell curve for randomness in favor of fires.

Yeah i have been getting them also, i will check into it. Thx for writing.

I have not been getting any fires in my cities, but since the volcano event was reduced I have been getting the other events.
Speaking of storms. Aren't they supposed to dissipate or move? I'm beginning to think I'm living on Jupiter, because there is one storm off the coast of one of my cities that has been there for over 10,000 years. It has never moved.
I have got the "new storm" pop-up from time to time, but I've never noticed a storm going away.

They do dissipate but the rate seems to be for fast games and scales for game speed. When I was working on the tornado event graphics I only wanted it to stay around for one turn I had to put the dissipation rate at 8000 before it would consistantly go after one or two turns. Storms are at 1000 so should go after 8 turns or so on snail.

Speaking of the herbal cures thing, I've thought, for C2C, this was a bit overpowered. Could it be made to last until some tech is discovered and then be eliminated?

That would require a change to the way it is done. Either the info would need to be stored somewhere (do able) and a counter event occur later. Or building that gives a free building which expires would need to be given to the city with the palace. then what happens if you are conquered?

Lastly, the volcanoes wouldn't be so annoying if they didn't last as long. Losing one or two tiles in your capitals BFC for 25,000 years can be a bit damaging. If they were active for X amount of time, then became dormant for X amount of time and finally either turned into a crater, an obsidian, or just reverted to a flat/hill tile, they would be hated less. Could volcanoes be made into a chain of events? Instead of being completely random?

This would require them being partially removed from the events system and a new system written for them. Which may be the way we need to go. It would be a whole new mod:mischief:.

So what your saying is, i reduced the activity from 50 to 25 (1/2 of what it was) and its STILL not enough:confused:
As I mentioned in another post, you never changed the activity at all because you changed the wrong event (the old volcano event, not Ori's volcano events).

As I mentioned in another post, you never changed the activity at all because you changed the wrong event (the old volcano event, not Ori's volcano events).

In the SVN i did:p at least i hope it was and not my working copy?

In the SVN i did:p at least i hope it was and not my working copy?
Ah, indeed, I am not up to date as I was off over the weekend.

Still, as Koshling mentions correctly, the way event triggering is implemented right now makes it very hard to control the actual chance as it depends on how many other possible events there are.

So some rewriting of how event triggering works might be useful.

Ah, indeed, I am not up to date as I was off over the weekend.

Still, as Koshling mentions correctly, the way event triggering is implemented right now makes it very hard to control the actual chance as it depends on how many other possible events there are.

So some rewriting of how event triggering works might be useful.

I agree, ori said he will be back in 3 weeks and will "hopefully" be able to rework some of the problems with events.

I agree, ori said he will be back in 3 weeks and will "hopefully" be able to rework some of the problems with events.
He will be able to tweak it but the problem with the chance and how it is handled is a DLL problem (and a matter of a proper concept how to deal with when which events should be triggered).

He will be able to tweak it but the problem with the chance and how it is handled is a DLL problem (and a matter of a proper concept how to deal with when which events should be triggered).

Oh ok, can you handle that part then??:please:

As I have said a couple of times, C2C has moved beyond what the events system can do as we try and make more and more slightly closer to realistic.

BtW, I may be converting some of the old Stone Age mod's events to work with Indigenous Peoples. Which should increase the number of prehistoric events reducing the volcano event occurrence. It all takes time, which I don't have at the moment.

As I have said a couple of times, C2C has moved beyond what the events system can do as we try and make more and more slightly closer to realistic.

BtW, I may be converting some of the old Stone Age mod's events to work with Indigenous Peoples. Which should increase the number of prehistoric events reducing the volcano event occurrence. It all takes time, which I don't have at the moment.
In general I am thinking more about making the occurance chance independent of the number of events possible at that time.
Like instead of iWeight being a relative chance specify it as absolute chance per turn. So an iWeight of 100 would result in a chance of 100/10000 = 1% per turn (maybe some change to the chances based on game speed).

Maybe I should just make it an integer expression evaluated on the player so whoever makes the event can make it dependent on whatever he wants.

Maybe I should just make it an integer expression evaluated on the player so whoever makes the event can make it dependent on whatever he wants.

Something like Flexible Difficulty?:crazyeye:

Not with but like, as in it changes after a certain amount of turns depending on some factor or factors.

Cheers

Top Bottom