TIL: Today I Learned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinegar and bicarb are both good for cleaning.

The really good stuff makes the microwave dance and do showtunes with the toaster.
I would have said you were being silly but I've seen people get drunk on vinegar.

The really good stuff makes the microwave dance and do showtunes with the toaster.

A few years ago I put a a blank CD into the microwave for five seconds to see what happened. Nice light show but the kitchen smelled like burning plastic for a week.

A few years ago I put a a blank CD into the microwave for five seconds to see what happened. Nice light show but the kitchen smelled like burning plastic for a week.

I liked the sliced-in-half grape that turns into a ball of plasma briefly.
Very pretty.

Arby sandwiches in foil wrap bursts into flames instantly and stays on fire happily.
Not good.

An incandescent light bulb in a microwave glows a pretty purple. But only do it for a could seconds at a time.

Do people not hang a piece of paper with the words ‘DO NOT TRY ANYTHING YOU READ HERE AT HOME’ hanging abover their computer screen?

Floppy disks are pretty in the microwave too!

Vinegar is a wonderful cleaning agent, and if you use it with a microfiber cloth you can very easily and safely clean your screens for your electronics (like your television and computer monitor)

Vinegar is a wonderful cleaning agent, and if you use it with a microfiber cloth you can very easily and safely clean your screens for your electronics (like your television and computer monitor)

I recently started using a mixture of water and white vinegar to clean everything in my room because I found myself without any "real" cleaning supplies, and I just kept using it because it works and I like the smell.

I've heared that lemon juice is quite potent cleaning agent too. Lemon Juice has citric acid and is good against bacteria. It can be combined vinegar too for double power ^^
I've also found out that coca-cola is wonderful when dealing with stone (from hard water) on your ceramic and metal cutlery. I think that basicaly every carbonated drink would do but cola is best :D

The erectheion (with the famous karyatids, facing the parthenon) in the late 18th century was used by the turkish commander to house his harem.
No surprise there. Just sadness and disgust. Afterall the parthenon itself was used to store gunpower, and got blown up.

I recently started using a mixture of water and white vinegar to clean everything in my room because I found myself without any "real" cleaning supplies, and I just kept using it because it works and I like the smell.

Ants find their way bu scent trails. Washing away those trails with white vinegar leaves them baffled.
Once I tried substituting red vinegar, and the ants loved it. Fiesta! :band::high5::banana:[party]

Anyone ever have a bird feeder that spawned a million ant colony?

Nothing as surprising as looking down and seeing the entire ground seething and moving.

Last edited:
TIL that the song that I had always thought of as "Woo Hoo" (because those are really the only words that I could understand) is actually titled "Song 2." :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom