1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TNESII: Et In Arcadia Ego

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Thlayli, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Agent 89

Agent 89 King

I thought the story was pretty good Ninja Dude.

(Flying Pigs :lol: :lol:)

2. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

I appreciate all the stories written in my NES, as long as you put some effort into it. :)

3. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: :lol: I thought thlayli had posted the update; in shock, I hurried only to see the above :p

4. Supermath

Supermath A Circle Has No End

Nadim Al-Sirafi took his seat at the front row of the National Assembly House. As he had served in the Majli for over twenty-five years and was one of the longest-serving members, he was rewarded one of the privileged seats right next to the Assembly floor. The vote in question pertained to the anticipated treaty. Since the Emir himself was not only in support of the deal, but negotiated it himself, the result of the ratification was not in question by any long shot. In fact, when the ayes and nays were counted, no one declared their opposition. All that was left was the Emir’s signature.

The session of the Assembly was adjourned, and Nadim walked out into the Legislative Plaza outside. The weather outside was pleasant, if but a little warm. Then again, the summers in Adana were always like this. At this time of year, people were all about, enjoying the weather and the almost certain guarantee of sun.

Unfortunately for the parliamentarian, the plaza was too open for his own good. As he turned around, he heard a rather loud bang, followed by that feeling when you just got a bullet lodged in the back of your head. He collapsed on the ground with a thud, and would surely die within a few hours. The assassin himself took advantage of the confusion caused by a member of the Assembly getting shot and quickly ran away from the scene. Some people gave chase, but it was ultimately fruitless after he lost himself in a crowd.

The rumors spread almost as quickly as the representative fell to the ground. Several people came out and claimed they recognized him as an Iraqi insurgent. Others insisted he was Egyptian. Still more were convinced that it was the work of the Arbeitists. They weren’t particularly active in this part of the world, but wherever they were they were always to cause trouble. Then there were a few who believed that he was the same man who caused the assassination of the Finance Minister the year before and about a half-dozen more high-profile deaths over the past twenty years, but that was considered to be within the realm of the fiction writers (not in the least because half those assassins had been caught).

The most plausible theory, however, was that the killer was someone who had been opposed to the treaty. There had been a few dissidents who feared that Adana was weakening itself by aligning itself with less “pure” nations, and a few even dared to claim that it was being compromised by making deals with Christian nations, or even worse, infidels. However, they were generally considered as somewhat extremist or paranoid, even for the nationalistic Adani people. But, as the events of the day showed, it only takes one man to do the damage.

5. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

HEY THLAYLI

WHEN I SAY
    THAT DOES NOT MEAN
    NOTE THE WORDS
    I.E. INDICATING THAT SAID DEFENSIVE ALLIANCE ONLY APPLIES IN THE EVENT OF FRENCH AGGRESSION AGAINST ONE OF ITS SIGNATORIES.

Also, I'm given to understand that Tver thinks we signed an NAP this turn. We didn't, but it's not that Shadowbound's a nutjob, he just didn't read everything I wrote and to boot didn't understand my admittedly poor sarcasm.

The above two "misunderstandings" have generated some minor drama on IRC just now, which is why I'm bringing them up. Sorry for the tone.

6. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

It was all me. If it wasn't for me this would have never happened and a massive storm of chaos and destruction could have swept Europe. Shower me with praise. SHOWER ME WITH PRAISE!

Edit: Also, I'm thinking of making a Xin Ming flag. More on this later.

7. LittleBoots

LittleBoots The Bloody Banner

Damn you. That would have been exciting. :p

8. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

9. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

huh nice, although I hear a lot of this type of music :/

10. bombshoo

bombshoo Never mind...

I hope that doesn't go with an Irish campaign of conquest.

11. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Now that the Gaelic theme has been pointed out (yes I missed Cuchulain), that is perturbing.

12. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Apologies for the delays. There will certainly be an update on the table before I go to school on the 31st. The only question is how long before. :\

13. alex994

OOC: Love me people :D

14. alex994

OOC: :bump:

15. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Sigh. Haven't forgotten this. Thanks for taking the top of the page, jerk. :p

16. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF guess who thought there was an update

17. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

If there was an update, do you eally think this wouldn't be at like the very top of the forum? :p

18. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

THERE'S NO ROOM FOR LOGIC AND REASON WHEN WAITING FOR UPDATES :rage:

19. LittleBoots

LittleBoots The Bloody Banner

Agreed. I also thought there was an update and was sorely wroth upon discovering the truth to be other than expected.

20. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Sorry sorry. I was called away on business to Astrakhan. Napa Valley production had declined, so we sought to relocate. Unfortunately, Asian vintages are equally spoilt.