Today I Learned #2: Gone for a Wiki Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIL about Smitty's, a Canadian chain restaurant that I've somehow never heard of before today.

The nearest one to me is over two and a half hours away by car. :(

Today I learned that a Starbucks opened up in my town...in the middle of a pandemic. Strange business decisions.

TIL about the remains of a 39,000 year old cave bear digged up on a Siberian island, including soft tissues and organs being pretty much still intact.... and.... the remains of a cub !

Really exciting.
Perhaps we should fund more projects in the thawing permafrost to unearth such remains before they get lost from decay.

https://siberiantimes.com/other/oth...ose-is-intact-unearthed-on-the-arctic-island/

Spoiler pics in the spoiler please ! :
Schermopname (52).png
Schermopname (54).png

Last edited:
When I was outside earlier today I could smell/taste some smoke in the air and it was slightly hazy. I thought it was just someone in the area running a wood stove.

TIL that it might actually be the smoke from all the wildfires on the west coast.

When I was outside earlier today I could smell/taste some smoke in the air and it was slightly hazy. I thought it was just someone in the area running a wood stove.

TIL that it might actually be the smoke from all the wildfires on the west coast.

According to the news smoke could be seen as far east as New York and DC.

TIL about loaded tea. A colleague introduced it to me on Twitter and it sounded very odd. It also does not exist in Vancouver. After looking it up, I can see why. Energy drinks in the form of iced tea. I'm interested.

It was probably smoke. It's been hazy here because of it.

Today the news said that Navalny was actually poisoned through a bottle of water in his hotel room IIRC.
But the joke, while macabre, is still good. :p

Today the news said that Navalny was actually poisoned through a bottle of water in his hotel room IIRC.

I actually just read a cozy mystery where the victim was murdered via hotel water bottle poisoning.

Spoiler But there's a plot twist: :
At the end it revealed the victim actually poisoned himself unintentionally while trying to poison someone else. The would-be victim realized the bottle had been tampered with and discreetly swapped water bottles around.

There's also Heavysaurus.

TIL about the remains of a 39,000 year old cave bear digged up on a Siberian island, including soft tissues and organs being pretty much still intact.... and.... the remains of a cub !

Really exciting.
Perhaps we should fund more projects in the thawing permafrost to unearth such remains before they get lost from decay.

https://siberiantimes.com/other/oth...ose-is-intact-unearthed-on-the-arctic-island/

Spoiler pics in the spoiler please ! :
Siberia is a pretty big place. :p

no doubt it was, our sunsets are blood red

Today I learnt of a group called Babymetal. Now I hate my life.

Just for you:

I saw them life, so funny :D.

There's also Heavysaurus.

Damn, now I'm hooked :rockon:

EDIT: Damn, so there's the Finish band Heavisaurus, the German band Heavysaurus, and an argentinian one, Heavysaurios

Also good: Nanowar of Steel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom