Tomatekh's New Civilizations

Pretty sure I'm using the latest Lithuania, but I redownloaded just in case. It still happens; I end my turn, it gets to Kongo's, there's a bit of a hang, the game starts again, then there's a second hang that crashes it.

I used the in game editor to see if there was anything off with the Kongo, but I saw nothing out of the ordinary (Lithuania is also not in the game). I did notice that Boudicca apparently is the leader of "the Celts" when I'm using Hiram's Celtic split pack, but I don't think that matters. I'm going to try an earlier autosave and see if it still crashes at the same turn.

Aaaaand it does. The mysteries of Kongo's turn.

It's almost certainly with the Lithuania mod. I'm still getting a crash with that civ, unfortunately - it's happening at a different time now that the swordsman replacement is updated. But there's still something in that Lithuania causing crashes. :(

I've been editing my post as I tried out different things. IGE shows that Lithuania is not in the game, so it's not them. The Kongo don't appear to be at war with anyone, either.

@pyroflare: Which is the next civ's turn after Kongo? When I have chrashes it sometimes shows as if it were the previous turn it actually is (the interface not updating before the crash)

It's almost certainly with the Lithuania mod. I'm still getting a crash with that civ, unfortunately - it's happening at a different time now that the swordsman replacement is updated. But there's still something in that Lithuania causing crashes. :(

If it were certainly with Lithuania, then, given that its now on Steam, I'm sure I'd get more reports of the issue. When does the crash occur? (should probably answer in my thread, so as not to clutter up Tomatekh's thread with problems potentially relating to my civs).

According to the message debug logs, it's LS' Numidia, which means they could have gained Lithuania's UU, but like I said I updated the civ. Besides, that log ends with Kongo's turn starting, so Numidia's done nothing yet.

pyroflare77, do you remember what era the crash happened, also if Kongo was settled at the edge of the map (if a plot doesn't exist, it can crash the game, and I admittedly usually forget to adjust for this)?

Hmm, completely overlooked this question somehow. It's Medieval era, turn 171 without fail, even going back to a 10-turns-ago autosave. It's a huge scrambled earth map and they're in northern South America, so they're not near the edge.

Hmm, completely overlooked this question somehow. It's Medieval era, turn 171 without fail, even going back to a 10-turns-ago autosave. It's a huge scrambled earth map and they're in northern South America, so they're not near the edge.

Okay, the only way to figure this out is to try and see it myself. Post the save (and if you can a list of the mods, but I can get that info from the save file, I think), and I'll see what's up.

I'll only list the mods that are absolutely necessary (the civs that are in-game). If you don't have scrambled continents, then it probably won't work. I'm not sure if some of the tweak/gameplay mods are necessary to run the save but I'm including them anyway.

Spoiler Mod List :

Civilizations:
-Tiwanaku by Leugi
-Inuit by trystero49 (Hiram's BNW edit)
-Celtic Civilizations by Hiram
-Nazca by More Civs
-Israel by Leugi
-Prussia by JFD
-Tuscany by More Civs
-Numidia by LastSword
-Kongo by you
-Khmer by LastSword

Tweaks:
-Unlimited Barbarian XP by bloublou
-Capture Great People by Moriboe
-City Limits View by Kilandor
-Ethiopia Color Fix by NeonNocturne
-Gibraltar/Reef/Krakatoa Fixes by Barathor
-Global Archaeologist Dig Sites by WHoward
-Hoplite Mod by Barathor
-InfoAddict
-Lake Victoria Fix by Barathor
-Less Warmonger Hate by Ninakoru
-No Pantheon Cost Increase by Muppets
-Copper Buff by MegaBearsFan
-Salt Tweak by Barathor
-Scaling Great Merchant by Machiavelli
-Great Prophet Historical Names by you
-More Great Musicians by McKurosu
-More Great Works by Qoma

Gameplay Things:
-Ethnic Units
-Historical Religions by you
-Art Buildings Tweaks by lockstep
-Israel New Beliefs by Leugi
-More Luxuries and Optimized Resource Distribution by Barathor
-More Pantheons add-on (slightly modified by me; attached)
-Reform and Rule by Machiavelli

Attached is a quick save the turn of the crash (it happens when you click end turn) and two earlier autosaves. Also, if it's needed, a personal tweaking of Barathor's More Pantheons addon for his More Luxuries mod.

I also have no idea if Numidia's UB that makes other civs' UUs or a militaristic city-state UU gift have triggered, which means I'd have to post the massive mod civ list I'm using if it doesn't work...

Attachments

• Civ 5 Stuff.zip
    5 MB · Views: 58
I shortly started play civ5 and these extra civs looks awsome.
I wonder I can have them active at once from both creators or are there some which not work together?

Grtz and ty

They will work together with no problems. I use civs from Tomatekh alongside my own all the time.

Wow thankyou for the quick responce I realy appreciate yours creators fine work makes the game so much more nice. I be also big fan of R.E.D. ethnic units mod.

:) ty

Well no need to check that save anymore, since it broke when I updated JFD's Lithuania mod. No biggie, I probably would have abandoned it even if it was "fixed" because of the resting period being too long, and I doubt the problem was anything other than some weird mod clash

Well no need to check that save anymore, since it broke when I updated JFD's Lithuania mod. No biggie, I probably would have abandoned it even if it was "fixed" because of the resting period being too long, and I doubt the problem was anything other than some weird mod clash

I'm still looking at the save in any case to sort out any bugs in my own mods. I was going to post if I could find anything tonight or tomorrow. Sorry I couldn't get to it quick enough for you to continue the game.

It's fine. If the save requires all of the mod civilizations that were enabled but not in the game, then it's a lost case because some of those have updated by now.

It's fine. If the save requires all of the mod civilizations that were enabled but not in the game, then it's a lost case because some of those have updated by now.

You can just edit the modinfo file and remove the minimum required version number to force a start, of course this would probably cause more bugs but I should be able to tell those apart from the old ones.

I hate to bring another bug to you, Tomatekh, but I'm having trouble with Mali. Whenever I have Mali in the game, and go to the leaderscreen, the game crashes soon after. I don't know what's causing it. I'm going to do some research and start a couple games with just that mod turned on and see what happens - but I don't think it's interacting with any of the other mods. Have you had this report from others? It makes me sad because that leaderscreen is one of the crowning achievements in Civ V modding so far. :(

Top Bottom