Tomatekh's Timurids for VP

Very interesting Civ. Interesting to go around burning down the world. It's funny to burn down size 30 cities and get lots of yummy yields in the capital.

That said I found a "bug" or unintended feature perhaps. If you have a corporation and capture a city with another corporation in it that corporation HQ gets moved to your capital and it becomes your corporation which is just all kinds of bad. Perhaps just like wonders and such corporation hq buildings should not be moved. It basically messed up the game all kinds of weird. I had the corp that gives oil and coal and losing it just brutally crashed the economy as I was from one turn to the next going from having hundred plus coals to the next turn being at -30 coal, oil was still ok tho. But just cause I didn't have enough oil units but had factories/trainstations/harbors everywhere.

Just to add some numbers, I went back and looked at the saves and I also sort of stepped back pre-conquest to finish the game cause I didn't really fancy solving the problem of selling all my factories and such to make up for the massive coal deficit that happened. There just wasn't enough spare coal in the world to cover the shortage.

(before, turn it happened, turn after it happened and recalculated)
T1071. 179 coal, 224 oil, +1018gpt (with Hexxon corp, 26 franchises)
T1072. 177 coal, 225 oil, +926gtp (with Centaurus corp, 26 franchises)
T1073. -29 coal, 17 oil, -1568gpt (with Centaurus, 1 franchise)

There was 31 notifications of missing coal, each adding a 2% maintenance fee I guess. Building maintenance went from 2776 gpt to 5244 gpt in a turn when it recalculated. Still I should have saved a bit on the building maintenance from losing all the franchises but it was clearly not enough to make up for the gigantic coal deficit that just happened like that.

I only have 36 natural coal, the corporation added another 208 coal. According to the data there are only 46 coals in the world. Add a few more for refinaries etc. So Hexxon is really interesting in that regard.

Interesting to note that the corporation swap happens directly on the turn you take the city. As the corp HQ building is transferred to your capital. But then there is a recalculation between turns to the turn after that disbands all your franchises and then naturally recalculates the resources. I did gain something from Centaurus, production on some tiles, but it was so to speak not an ideal replacement.

I'm not sure, and can't really test, what would have happened if my corp HQ would have been in a city that wasn't my capital. It was so I can't undo that. But I guess it would have been overwritten anyway. Since you can only have one corporation.

I was already slightly unhappy before the conquest due to extended wars. Somehow the other AI doesn't like me going around burning down the world so more or less every civilization is currently sanctioned. Out of the remaining six civs four are under sanction. So it's one of those games where you are just balancing around 50% and taking a city or two drops you below. So I went from 48% to 46% with the last conquests, even tho the war weariness should drop fast after that since Mongolia was no more.

That said I reloaded to T1071 and let Mongolia live as my vassal since it so horrifically changed the game. I didn't look forward to trying to solve the coal issue, I guess I could have just sold all my factories or something such but it wasn't ideal.

Last edited:
Maybe you could use IGE or firetuner to restore your Corp, not sure.
thanks for that report, I will try to post a fix this weekend

Once again, great catch. I have just uploaded a version that excludes corporation buildings.

In trying to figure out why corporations are being stolen, I came upon something that seems more vexxing, and maybe this deserves a change to base VP in addition to a change to the Timurids?

The problem is that Timurids excludes any building that is Nuke Immune from being stolen. All world wonders and national wonders are nuke immune, so those are removed as intended, but corporation HQs are not excluded because they are not immune. Making them NukeImmune would have stopped the issue with replacing your corporation at least, but I still needed to exclude other corporation buildings like offices and franchises.

So maybe VP should not allow you to nuke people's corporation HQs?

Thought's @Gazebo? I'll make a ticket in Github.

Last edited:
Excellent. Went back and tested it with my saves and it was working as intended.

I have a small issue - All railroad technology description texts fail to load and after some investigation I found out that its this mod causing it. Im getting error in lua log:

[107003.859] Runtime Error: ...\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Values\TechHelpInclude.lua:482: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

In particular its this line in MODS\The Timurids - 4UC (VP)\SQL\Timurid Improvements.sql thats causing it:

INSERT INTO Improvement_TechYieldChanges
(ImprovementType, TechType, YieldType, Yield)
VALUES ('IMPROVEMENT_CLFB_NOOW', 'TECH_RAILROAD', 'YIELD_FOOD', 1);

I tried to replace "IMPROVEMENT_CLFB_NOOW" with "IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE" and tech description loads just fine. Im using Timurid v14 4UC compatible with MUC 73. Playing other civilization not Timurids.

Attachments

• railroad.png
    railroad.png
    408.2 KB · Views: 32
Cool. Gonna reupload a version with that fix and ridjack's text fix

General question about the UA: can you keep a city as a puppet for some time after conquest and raze it then? Or even annex it and raze it later? Do you get the yields in these cases? Can you grow a city after conquest before razing?

Which pop loss exactly count for the yields? Can start razing, then pause and raze again? Or is only pop loss from a single razing action counted, that leads to the city's destruction?

• You can raze the same as any other civ; there are no special rules for what and when the Timurids can raze
  • You can't annex a city and then raze it. See above
  • The yields per 2:c5citizen:population killed only counts citizens After the city has been captured (ie. population lost when you take the city do not count towards yields in your capital).
  • I'm unaware of a wat that you could initiate razing so long after the city was first captured that the city has grown, but even if you could, the new population wouldn't count.
  • The yields per 2:c5citizen:population killed rounds Up (ie. destroying a 1:c5citizen: City gives +1 to All Yields; destroying a 2:c5citizen: City gives +1 to All Yields; destroying a 3:c5citizen: City gives +2 to All Yields)

Just to clarfy: you can steal a building which you don't have the tech for? Meaning regular buildings like universities.

• You can raze the same as any other civ; there are no special rules for what and when the Timurids can raze
  • You can't annex a city and then raze it. See above
Unless I'm misunderstanding the context, normal civilizations can annex a city then raze it at any time. The choice does not need to be made immediately after conquering or even before the city stops resisting.

Okay so, none of the mod updates are uploading. Maybe @Recursive or someone can look at this and say what is going wrong with the server. I haven't been able to upload any new mods in 2 days though.

Update is going to be posted to my Mega with compatibility with 1.4

Trying something new this patch, moving the Deh forward to Masonry

Great Merge Compatibility update posted.

Also changed the UA a bit: captured buildings are now free copies, meaning they do not cost maintenance. These free copies replace existing normal copies of buildings if present in the capital already.

Dependencies seems to be set up wrong.
Base version is set up to depend on (5) More Luxuries - CBO Edition which doesnt exist anymore
4UC version depends on (7b) UI - More Promotion Trees for VP, but it should look for (4b) instead.

Also versions are weird. Base is v13. 4UC says v15 in files but is v14 in mod menu.

Since you usually update the version for 4UC only, I'd suggest the following changes so you have a unique version that works with and without MUCfVP enabled (and come towards people like me who doesn't always play with MUCfVP on).

1) In 'Timurid Improvements.sql'
Code:
INSERT INTO Improvements
        (Type,                    SpecificCivRequired,    CivilizationType,                GoldMaintenance,    NoTwoAdjacent,    Description,                            Help,                                     Civilopedia,                            ArtDefineTag,                        DestroyedWhenPillaged,    Permanent,    PillageGold,    BuildableOnResources,    PortraitIndex,    IconAtlas)
SELECT    'IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE',    1,                         'CIVILIZATION_TIMURIDS_MOD',    0,                     1,                'TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE',            'TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE_HELP',     'TXT_KEY_IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE_PEDIA',    'ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE',     0,                        0,            15,                0,                        4,                'CL_AFGHANISTAN_ATLAS'
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Buildings WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GERMANY_TEUTONIC_ORDER');

Code:
INSERT INTO Builds
        (Type,                PrereqTech,                Time,    ImprovementType,        Description,                Help,                            Recommendation,                    EntityEvent,            HotKey, OrderPriority,    CtrlDown,    IconIndex,    IconAtlas)
SELECT    'BUILD_CL_KALLE',    'TECH_CONSTRUCTION',    700,    'IMPROVEMENT_CL_KALLE',    'TXT_KEY_BUILD_CL_KALLE',    'TXT_KEY_BUILD_CL_KALLE_HELP',    'TXT_KEY_BUILD_CL_KALLE_REC',    'ENTITY_EVENT_CHOP',    'K',    96,                1,            0,            'CL_BUILD_KALLE_ATLAS'
WHERE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Buildings WHERE Type = 'BUILDING_GERMANY_TEUTONIC_ORDER');

2) in 'Timurid Ghazi.sql'
Code:
INSERT INTO Civilization_UnitClassOverrides 
        (CivilizationType,                 UnitClassType,         UnitType)
SELECT    'CIVILIZATION_TIMURIDS_MOD',    'UNITCLASS_CANNON', 'UNIT_MUGHAL_FARSAKH_CANNON'

3) move More Unique Components mod from Dependencies to References.

Top Bottom