• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Top 10 Bomber Aircraft of All Time

El Justo

Deity
this is the 3rd installment of the '10 Best' list that i saw several weeks ago on the Military Channel.

so - be advised that this list is not my 10 best ;)

as for the criterion (according to what was claimed on the program):
- innovation
- service length
- payload capacity
- fear factor
- production rating

Are single seat aircraft bomber inclued or are we looking at only twin or more engine aircraft aswell? If its not the case, the stuka and other dive bombers should have a place in the top 10.

I miss the Arado-234, the first jet bomber, or the He-111 the most important german bomber, B-24 as the most produced bomber in ww2 and maybe in history and of course i would add the Avro Lancaster instead of the Halifax. As secondary candidates to the list i would have in mind the Tu-16 (a very important post ww2 model massively produced and used by many countries along many years in lots of different tasks), the Canberra (the same as Tu-16) and maybe the Convair B-58 Hustler (first supersonic bomber).

I would remove the Halifax, the B-2 becuse it lacks historical importance and perspective, Mosquito since it does not fit well among so many mid/heavy bombers, and B-47 since it was not important per se beyond being he first US jet bomber but only because it was the predecessor of important planes as the B-52 and above all the Boeing 707.

You're missing the F-15E, and maybe the B1B.

Not me. I love bombers. :clap:

"Death from Above!!!"

That was the bloodthirsty gamer side of me speaking of course. ;)

Yes, I can say htere are missing many planes.

1. Ju 87 the famous Stuka.

2. FW 190 G, the CAS plane of ww2

3. He 111

4. FW 200 Condor

5. Zeppelin Staaken R VI

6. Panavia Tornado

7. B 24

8. Gotha G IV

9. Ar 234

10. Lancaster

11. Canberra/ Tu 16

These bombers should be considered, too. Also I do not think that the Handley Page nor the B 47 should be included.
Also as I already said in the other threads, we have to reconsider the reasons. Service length is not that crucial IMO.

Adler

In most cases because they're German :lol:

Top Bottom