Tornado hits downtown Atlanta

It's a tornado. Nobody was even killed. Not sure why CNN even bothered covering it at all.

It's a tornado. Nobody was even killed. Not sure why CNN even bothered covering it at all.

You don't think that an F-2 tornado hitting one of the largest metropolitan areas of the country and causing an estimated $100,000,000 damage as news worthy?

You don't think that an F-2 tornado hitting one of the largest metropolitan areas of the country and causing an estimated $100,000,000 damage as news worthy?

Atlanta being trashed is old hat.

The tornado hit CNN's own building, how could they not report it?

Isn't anyone looking at my tornado map of the US?! The tornado map compiled by the National Oceanic Atmospheric Association?! The map that clearly shows Atlanta in the high tornado area?!

You forgot your sarcasm emoticon.
I was sort of hoping that people would be able to realize it was a joke at the Katrina/global warming fool's expense without using an emoticon.

Woooow! :dubious:

Tomorrow I'm flying back to Romania and I'm going through Atlanta, through which I also got here in the first place - do you think there's going to be any problem at the airport ?!! :eek:

It happened at the worst possible time too...Friday night, downtown Atlanta, right in the middle of the SEC Tourney.

No... worst possible time would be around 5:30 on a Friday afternoon, when all the highways are congested and people have nowhere to go. At least when the storm hit most people weren't outside.

Hope IC is okay.

He's probably fine... I don't know him personally, but the storm went South of the Georgia Tech area.

Hope things are alright. Tornadoes have seemed to be a big problem lately. There was even a tornado in Brooklyn last summer!

Don't play coy with us. We all know you are really Downtown Julie Brown. THat "matt" thing.... you really think that could fool us?

Though I suppose she may have been before most of y'alls time.

Leave it to the VRWC to try to smear a Democrat in this manner...:mischief:

Join the VRWC today, Yankee! You know you want to.

SERVICE GUARANTEES CITIZENSHIP!!

Maybe if it guarantees that another tornado wouldn't hit Brooklyn for another 105 years. ;)

It was bound to happen sooner or later really. I mean Atlanta is like on the edge of Tornado Alley and weather folk have been saying that a tornado will go through a major city one of these days.

I'm only surprised because it didn't happen in Oklahoma City.

I think they overrate the number of tornadoes in central Wisconsin. They must count funnel clouds as well.

Now for my sick humor: Tornadoes, the new General Sherman.

Top Bottom