Trump Supporter Gets Emotional On CNN, Says His Family Will Lose Healthcare Under Republican Plan

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
At least some of the Deplorable's are actually following the news and coming to the realisation that they are about to get it good and hard. Wether this stop them from continuing to vote Republican is another matter entirely. I suspect the majority will continue to vote Republican due to X reasons

This reminds me of the Vox or Vice story of the coal miner that has black lung and will die if he loses hes Obamacare, Still voted trump, still insults Obama, but when asked about losing hes Obamacare started crying because he know he is going to die

Welp those tax cuts arent going to pay for themselves

Trump Supporter Gets Emotional On CNN, Says His Family Will Lose Healthcare Under Republican Plan

My gut reaction after watching that clip is to be overwhelmed with sympathy for this man who understands that he, his wife, his family, they’re going to lose their health insurance because of what these Republican bills, the one in the House, the one in the Senate, because of what they do to people. At the same time, part of me can’t help but feel like you kind of deserve it. I know that is a horrible thing to say, and I don’t think this man deserves to lose his health insurance. I don’t think anybody does, regardless of party affiliation. But he voted for this. He freely admits that, he’s been a Republican all his life, and so if you vote for someone who says they’re taking this thing that you depend on away from you, what the hell do you accept to happen?

We have seen so many stories come out, whether it’s people whose loved ones have been deported because of Donald Trump’s immigration policies, yet they supported Donald Trump and they’re shocked by this. The healthcare bill, same thing, people are shocked by this. “I supported this man, how could he do this?” Because he told you he was going to do it. When Republicans came out and said, “We’re going to repeal and replace, we’re going to give you something better,” where were the specifics? Where were the specifics? All you voted based on was somebody saying that, “We’re going to give you something better. I’m not going to tell you what, because we have no frickin clue, even though we’ve been talking about it for seven years. We didn’t bother to actually do the leg work, but don’t worry. You can totally trust me if you vote for me, I’m going to do this thing.”

https://trofire.com/2017/06/27/trum...family-will-lose-healthcare-republican-plan1/

I see he's smart enough to vote but dumb enough to not understand what he voted for. :(

The only good thing about this is it increases the odds Trump will be a one termer

I see he's smart enough to vote but dumb enough to not understand what he voted for. :(

I understand that during the election campaign there were quite some people that thought that removing/replacing Obamacare would not affect themselves because they had ACA.....

I feel bad for them but it goes to show how identity overrules political reality in a lot of cases, particularly in the US. To many voters, religious affiliation (or kowtowing), white grievance, these are all more powerful than policy, and the Republican party has managed to market themselves as that party. Obama and his campaign crew knew this and spoke of it several times, that there's a tribalism and affinity to certain belief systems that are more powerful in America than political reality and actual lawmaking. It's the same thing that drives white voters to vote Republican more strongly when they are put in situations in which they are a minority (like a train car for of Latinos, in one study). The Dem party connecting with people who attribute religious and traditionalist and other assorted beliefs to the Republican party alone will be almost impossible to ever win over.

Top Bottom