Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

I was actually suggesting 1N of spot A, 1W of spot B, assuming we can get a worker over quickly to chop/pasture cow. Monument first, and net clams asap. Spot A itself has no production or fresh water, so I don't like it too much... Prefer spot B in that case, for better culture on clam and ivory sharing.

I have a workboat I am re-directing over there. Will be there in a few turns, then we whip an obelisk if we don't get lucky with auto-spread.

I'm trying to get more FWs, but with all these settlers and everything else, we just can't have everything. I may whip a FW in a turn or two from now, but that will be used to double-chop our forge + AP.

I just finished a fant for the next turn, but we have to road it also.

since there is no clear vote where to settle, you decide, obs. concerning the workers: with the jungle, we need in total 5-6 fw´s i´d say. since we have 3-4 now (how many do we actually have? it´s hard to follwo everything with no actual sandkasten available...) one more is already nice.

Btw. i´m not too sure we should still go for the AP. some other idiots have theo since some turns now and will chop-whip this thing also. so please make a break the turn before we get the priest. if you can prechop a lot of forest and can give me an exact count of when we can have the apo if we go for it would be nice (do we have a reli in said city? org.reli + forge give 50% bonus on it. i wouldnt try on it without forge AND org.reli btw. better use the city then to get some more FWs and stuff out no?)

We have 3 FWs now. I am working on the 4'th. After granary I will chop forge, and then we start on AP with each forest giving 45 hammers worth.

So, if we fail the AP, we still get 45g per forest and can use it to keep the slider up.

I don't like pre-chopping this, because it will slow down the completion. Stupid Firaxis forces workers to get stuck on the turn they finish chops even if they have tones of movement left.

Interesting, it looks like we have more power than Carthage now. Hopefully this discourages him from settling on our landmass. But he is running out of spots to settle due to Ragnar, so I wouldn't count on it.

Turn 88 --> 675 BC
  • Two workers finish improving fants
  • Capital switches to spear
  • GE farm puts OF into spear

Notes: I decided to have capital work on spear for 2 turns to finish it, this co-incides with a growth of 1 more pop, and then we can db-whip a worker right after, with another co-incided pop of GE-Farm so we can always have all gem tiles worked.

I think that Carthage does not pose a threat to us. We should take advantage of that. Ragnar also did not DOW on us.

I suspect that they know by now that we do work with Pacal. I think also we should bulb CS for them if they want it, since it appears that others either ignore us or respect us enough not to attack. I think we can delay building up defense for some more time, besides xbows might not be that bad as a last resort.

I think that Carthage does not pose a threat to us. We should take advantage of that. Ragnar also did not DOW on us.

I suspect that they know by now that we do work with Pacal. I think also we should bulb CS for them if they want it, since it appears that others either ignore us or respect us enough not to attack. I think we can delay building up defense for some more time, besides xbows might not be that bad as a last resort.

bulbing is next to useless. if we run 2 scientists in each city and we have something like 8 cities, we get about 100 beakers extra out, so we have 150+ beakers and can research like crazy:)

-> after the gp, we should try to get some gs and should settle them all in capital (1 should build an academy, but doesnt necessarily have to be the first one)

Turn 89 --> 650 BC
  • Workers (two of them finished roading the fants)
  • GE farm puts last OF into a chariot
  • Copper City put 1 turn into an axe in case we need emergency whip soon)
Notes: Carthage will spot the marble down south. Since he just got Aesthetics from Ragnar, he will probably beeline there with his next settler. We should set up an ambush and nail his city/settler.

Turn 90 --> 625 BC
  • Workers (A couple pre-chops jungle on fants)
  • GE farm switches to a wb
  • Capital db-whips worker
  • Copper City switches back to granary
  • We found city (Spot B)

Notes: Ragnar is bringing his galley down south. I'm thinking we should ambush it with our triremes and DoW on him. He still ignores me, and won't open borders with us. He will eventually bring his galley back to his home then use it when he DoWs on our ally. And what is bad for our ally is bad for us. I think it's best we DoW on Ragnar when we can get some small gain from it here.

Peeking into turn #91, here's our expenses. BTW, our military power is still increasing over Carthage, hopefully this discourages them from settling on our environment.

BTW, I forgot to add earlier, Carthage used his priest to create a shrine. This COULD mean they want to go for the AP too. I will hold off bulbing our priest until we are finished with our forge.

I talked a bit with Pacal. Seems they are second in power, with Cyrus as #1. We just shifted from 4'th into 3'rd highest power.

One starts to wonder what the hell is Carthage doing this whole time?

Hi, I think I'm a little late to the maverick party, but I decided to join anyway :)
Just a question: Why bother declare on the Vikings? I mean, I'm probably missing something, (as I always do :rolleyes: ) but I don't see any strategic benefit.

Hi, I think I'm a little late to the maverick party, but I decided to join anyway :)
Just a question: Why bother declare on the Vikings? I mean, I'm probably missing something, (as I always do :rolleyes: ) but I don't see any strategic benefit.

Well unlike Gandhi, we are more for war, that is our strategic benefit. That and Obsolete has itchy fingers, waiting to kill someone for a while now.:crazyeye:

Why bother declare on the Vikings?

Cause they have tried to hurt us from the start, and they are going to attack our ally soon with killer city-cracker units. One lost galley now, is one more ship they need to re-build. It could make or break the difference of say, Pacal losing a city soon. Since they still refuse to open borders, we won't lose any trade routes, nothing. No penalty at all.

Turn 91 --> 600 BC

• Workers (A couple finish clearing jungle over the fants
  • Another chops forest to finish granary in AP City
  • Spot-B city switches obelisk to Granary
  • Capital puts OF into temple
Notes: Since we are getting such bonus hammers right now on a temple, and we can increase our happy cap, as well as POSSIBLY get +2 from the AP I decided to get it out of the way right now.

I have a feeling Ragnar may DoW on us when he finds out culture from a new city will block him. He may DoW just to cross at that point. I will lay our triremes in wait at an ambush point. That way it will look more we were just defending ourselves from a war that THEY started :p

I have a feeling Ragnar may DoW on us when he finds out culture from a new city will block him. He may DoW just to cross at that point. I will lay our triremes in wait at an ambush point. That way it will look more we were just defending ourselves from a war that THEY started :p

I like it.

How many turns until our border pops?

It will be a coastal city, so we don't need a border pop.

However, Ragnar probably knows we have some triremes in the area, so maybe that won't work. But let's see what happens.

Top Bottom