Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

We are really really really lacking defenders there, and now that stupid promoted Carthage warrior is headed to the city. I almost wonder if it could be best to just tech CoL next for artists. I'm pretty sure Pacal will agree to tech construction, since they have over half a thousand gold stockpiled and have a faster tech rate than us.

On the other hand, I guess we should go horseback riding while they go construction, since we need a counter to all the maces they can hit us with.

Damnit. I waited and waited for Carthage to move away their warrior after messaging them. I even lost doing turn #83 because I waited a few hours too long. Then to really top things off, I log in, and I see they not only refused our warning, but deliberately have moved their warrior further West endangering one of our cities.

WTF is this? As soon as I catch them out in the open I am going to DoW on them.

Anyhow, copper city will have a pop of 3 soon, so I'll build an obelisk for 1 turn then whip it.

Damnit. I waited and waited for Carthage to move away their warrior after messaging them. I even lost doing turn #83 because I waited a few hours too long. Then to really top things off, I log in, and I see they not only refused our warning, but deliberately have moved their warrior further West endangering one of our cities.

WTF is this? As soon as I catch them out in the open I am going to DoW on them.

Anyhow, copper city will have a pop of 3 soon, so I'll build an obelisk for 1 turn then whip it.

write a last message: move your warrior back or we will kill him. if they dont move back, dow them is best i think.

as soon as we have iron up, we can send an axe to do the job:D

on a side note:

god thing to have pacal team on board. if they go for hbr and we for construction, we will have elephants up and running in about 10-15 turns or so. this should be early enough to counter any comming maces

obs, can you post a detailed overview of our land and cities please, or can anybody do an actual sandkasten? I´m back from holiday and would like to do some digging there for the planning of hooking up phants and getting out some units...

write a last message: move your warrior back or we will kill him.

I had already sent a pvm telling them if they don't move the warrior back to where it came from I would not be able to hold back my team from a DoW on them.

They just ignored us.

It seems the server is down again, and logging in is again impossible.

Bad news for us. We lost more turns after their game crashed before I logged in to do some work back near turn 82. Seems they are missing some autosaves and we simply get screwed over here. Looks like I can only log in now at turn 85.

I had no control over their technical glitches, and reported it as soon as it happened. Unfortunatley, that isn't good enough.

That's utter BS. No way am I cool with losing three turns while everyone else plays on like nothing happened. If other teams get a reload, then there should be some way to compensate us for losing that much ground. This needs to be resolved appropriately...

That's utter BS. No way am I cool with losing three turns while everyone else plays on like nothing happened. If other teams get a reload, then there should be some way to compensate us for losing that much ground. This needs to be resolved appropriately...

i second this. after others get a reload i refuse to go on with this game if we are about to loose 3 turns.

this is the decisive settling phase. we cant allow to loose 3 turns.

-> so to sum it up:

im out of this game if we cant play this turns

You did not miss turn 83.

8/26/10 12:35 am A new turn has begun. It is now 800 BC
8/26/10 12:35 am obsolete Score increased to 292
8/26/10 6:40 am obsolete Logged in
8/26/10 6:45 am obsolete Logged out
8/28/10 1:18 am A new turn has begun. It is now 775 BC

You missed 6 hours of turn 84.

You did not miss turn 85, it is still ongoing.

6 hours != 3 turns.

You did not miss turn 83.

8/26/10 12:35 am A new turn has begun. It is now 800 BC
8/26/10 12:35 am obsolete Score increased to 292
8/26/10 6:40 am obsolete Logged in
8/26/10 6:45 am obsolete Logged out
8/28/10 1:18 am A new turn has begun. It is now 775 BC

You missed 6 hours of turn 84.

You did not miss turn 85, it is still ongoing.

6 hours != 3 turns.

i dont care if its 6 hrs or 3 days. if we missed onyl 1 turn due to technical problems i want a replay or i will quit from this game. if our turnplayer planned to do 1 (or maybe even 2) turns at a certain time and couldnt due to game issues, it was normal and only fair in every demo and/or pitboss game i was in to give a reload so the missing team can replay any turn missed. that our turnplayer looked at a turn doesnt mean he did play it btw (i dont think obs is lying here, if you want to hint into that direction)

if we dont get a reload, i also advise my team to step back from this game. sorry for this open and direct words, but this simply feels wrong:(

I agree on this point. I think we should get these turns back. It is unaceptable that this shouldn't be granted to us especially after amazon thing!!! Equal treatment for all!

To make a long story short, there were problems with the server that kept getting worse. And since I tend to wait till later to do moves in case any changes, that gives the risk of getting burned when another technical problem prevents you from loggin in at that time, since the silly timer still forces the turn to click over. There is a bit more to it than that, but no need to get into it now.

Seems it was rolled back a bit so now so we are more or less on track.

Turn 84 --> 775 BC

• Capital works on Spear while growing
  • Worker #1 works on gems
  • Worker #2 is on 2n'd galley with settler

I feel like the "turn tracker thread" should change names to the "turn lost tracker thread" :lol:. All this time travel is making me dizzy :crazyeye:

I plan to settle in place there, which gives 2 clams & 2 fants. It is unfortunate there is a silly lake in TBFC but so be it.

its a great place to settle. and the lake isnt bad, we are going for food, so it will give 3 food with a lighthouse (and 2 commerce) right away...

I have nothing to add other than that this reflects my sentiments exactly.

Top Bottom