Turn planning

Wow. I have been checking the Civ DE site a lot, but I thought Chamnix had already played the last turn. Sorry I have been misreading the info.

That's the first time I haven't seen him respond to one of your questions.....

Hope he's OK.

We completed Astronomy this turn. (Obviously I made a mistake when I checked the beakers, as both teams do not have Astronomy, yet) :blush:

Now we need four more techs to move to the Industrial Age:

Banking (1300 beakers)
Physics (1600 beakers)
ToG (1700 beakers)
Magnetism (1700 beakers)

For now I will start with Physics at minimum research (Just scientists). But I tend to say, we should race to the IA to get Steam Power as quick as possible. I think, even when our GA ends (turn 144), we should be able to outresearch the other teams (at least short term). If we are lucky, we get Steam Power as our free tech.

Out of curoosity, I checked the MFG and GNP of our opponents and this is the result:

We are currently producing 244 spt

At 206 spt we are still 1st and fall to 2nd at 203.

And at 111, we are still no 2. With 109 we fall to 3rd.

That means, one team produces about 205 spt (probably knights) and one about 110 (probably Kueche).

GNP:

At 548 we are 3rd
at 566 we are 2nd
and at 581 we are 1st.

actually we are making 921. That is quite nice, I'd say, especially, as we are probably are losing less due to corruption, due to our powerful core than other teams.

For now I will start with Physics at minimum research (Just scientists). But I tend to say, we should race to the IA to get Steam Power as quick as possible.

I changed my mind about this. I went to as high research as possible. If the team disagrees, we can change the tech rate next turn.

No, the IA as quickly as possible would be a good thing. Full speed ahead.

Do you think the Kitchen is funding BH research?

I think we should concentrate on research for a while. And build up our military again. We will only attack something, if we can return our troops to safety in the same turn.

This is not going well. This turn our GA ended and we've hit WW lvl2. Even at 40% luxuries, we can't keep everybody content.

In my opinion, we won't have any chance to beat Kueche under these circumstances. They get support from Brotherhood, which can develop on their own full continent.

the only way, I see is to convince Kueche of peace (or at least armed truce) and to try to draw them to our side, arguing that Brotherhood will have an easy game, if we do not stick together long term. But that won't be an easy task. Only if they have any will to win this game, we can succeed. If they say, you ambushed us and we do not care if Brotherhood wins, we are doomed.

What do people think?

Let me look at the save. You never wanted to replace that SotE report?

Our war weariness went down a bit again. So I could lower the lux slider to 40%. :)

Next turn we'll get Physics.

5 Cavs will complete next turn. We'll feel a bit saver again then.

On the interturn, I saw the two remaining barb horsemen attack our knight on the mountain. He's elite now and I think the island if free from barbs now. :)

Cool. If those Settlers are going out to Fire Island, can you name the city by the Cattle "Hell's Kitchen"?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

We started researching Banking now.

I thought about switching to Monarchy, as there is no war weariness.

But then we have to research it first. This would not take very long, but the changing governments can take quite long. Are there opinions? Is it worth a thougth?

It was worth a thought, but it probably wouldn't be worth our while. The Anarchy time would eat us up.

If we do survive this war, going into Monarchy will certainly cripple is for the rest of the game. Plus, as Cyc mentioned, the anarchy time would probably destroy us.

Top Bottom