Turn planning

I had a look at the save.

From Darkside, we could reach 3 of their towns within one turn with cavalry. Maybe we should switch to barracks there to be able to do the upgrades and strike from there as soon as it seems reasonable? Currently one of them is undefended and one is defended by horsemen at best.

Furthermore I propose to start researching Astronomy at a low rate (scientists) after MT. That gives us 440+ gold per turn for rushes and upgrades.

EDIT:

a pic:

from Darkside.JPG

Looks like a excellet plan. Rushing some Muskets sound s real good.

Rushing some Muskets sound s real good.

I'd invest everything we have into cavalry. I think we need everything in offense at this point. Kueches military is growing quickly, too. They are almost certainly already researching Metallurgy (as they have Chemistry). We have to take advantage of Military Tradition as long as we have this advantage.

But this is my opinion on this. It's a team decision.

No, you're probably right. I didn't mean a couple of Muskets should be our main concern. I just meant that with 440+ gpt we might want to protect our existing borders at sometime.

If we were to surprise-attack Küche, we would have to do some careful diplomacy with the Brotherhood. An intervention from them would be unlikely but critical. Perhaps we could use the Village as a bargaining chip?

Not that I'm against attacking Küche. :trouble:

I had a look at the save.

From Darkside, we could reach 3 of their towns within one turn with cavalry. Maybe we should switch to barracks there to be able to do the upgrades and strike from there as soon as it seems reasonable? Currently one of them is undefended and one is defended by horsemen at best.

Furthermore I propose to start researching Astronomy at a low rate (scientists) after MT. That gives us 440+ gold per turn for rushes and upgrades.

EDIT:

a pic:

View attachment 322604

I don't think it matters very much where the upgrades are performed - we aren't really ready to attack them yet anyway since they are still average to us. I think we should be aiming for about 6 turns from now (before they discover military tradition, but otherwise at late as possible).

I also think we should build roads to connect ourselves to Kuche by land so our cavalry can go straight to their core on the first turn of our attack. I don't think we are going to surprise them anyway.

Hitting them right before they get Metallurgy seems like the best option to me. Otherwise, they will know we have cavalry. Let's also make sure that the cavalry is taken out of cities as soon as it is upgraded, to avoid them stumbling upon them through investigation.

They obviously know we are researching to cavalary - they can see we already have Metallurgy.

Can someone please refresh my memory - will our knight builds auto-change to cavalry? That is, if something is set to knight as of the end of this turn but ends up with 80 shields, will a cavalry complete since we will complete Military Tradition?

Can someone please refresh my memory - will our knight builds auto-change to cavalry? That is, if something is set to knight as of the end of this turn but ends up with 80 shields, will a cavalry complete since we will complete Military Tradition?

I am not 100% sure, but I believe it will autochange to cavalry.

Normally, the game will switch to the newer unit. I always go through the Domestic Advisor screen afterwards and check. For something like you're asking about, Chamnix, I will change an older unit that is due to complete on the turn the tech is due to complete to something that costs more, but that will visually trigger a mental note for me to change to the newer unit (like I will change to an odd improvement ~ Courthouse, Colosseum, etc.) Something that I wouldn't normally build. Good question.

Looks like it didn't switch over all three Knights. :(

I played a game yesterday where I had 2 Musket pre-builds going for Infantry units. When I completed Replacement Parts, one Musket changed to an Infantry unit and one Musket stayed a Musket. Niether unit was due to complete, so I was able to switch the one that didn't change. But it was weird that it split like that right after you asked your question.

Top Bottom