TuxLife

Slimer Tree. (Larger Image)

Spoiler :

Also, if anyone wants any creature image files I can send you the .xcf (GIMP) files or other formats if needed.

EDIT: New image link. Don't know what actually happened, Imageshack says it has no bandwidth limitation on images and my image was still present.

Floater Tree (Not as big as Slimer Tree).

Spoiler :

I think after this update, Tailus will have the greatest number of direct evolutions from it.

Sponger Tree (Not large at all, but trying to maintain format of a spoiler)

Spoiler :

EDIT: Removed incorrect image.

EDIT 2: Added correct image.

Miner Tree. (Smallest image)

Spoiler :

Awesome, but can anyone else see the slimer evolution tree?

Its coming up broken for me now, it might be a bandwidth issue. I'll Check as soon as I'm back on my laptop.

Edit:fix auto correct.

May I join this awesome NES?

That would be wonderful. I am in the middle of updating at the moment, so just keep an eye out. Once the update is up, you can post a new evolution from one of the surviving creatures.

@Northen Wolf: Slimer tree should be fixed now. For now.

And in my ever procrastinating goal of doing anything that isn't typing the update, I present you this:

Spoiler :

Let the bumping commence!

Update 6: Impudensae Era

The slow march through time saw continued changes to the world of Tau Porcus. The wide spread of Tidal Slimers allowed new mutations to become more pronounced between distant members. Some Tidal Slimers slowly began developing early root-like structures that provided a slight advantage on most areas that the Tidal Slimer could be found. The roots were generally not developed enough to break into hard clay or widen cracks in rocks, but provided a strong benefit in the ever increasing land covered in the slowly increasing soil layers. This put pressure on the Tidal Slimer. The response was to increase reproduction. Those organisms that spread out quickly and in greater numbers outpaced the Tidal Slimer and it slowly died off as a result. In order to get more offspring out, they lost their tendency to develop clonal colonies, more energy was needed to spread outward. The mass reproducers however, continued to lose ground to the root-bearing organisms. Eventually, the mass reproducers had to respond further, and did so with offspring that killed off competition. The Acidiaspora as they were called had finally developed a method of gaining ground against the root-bearing descendants of the Tidal Slimer.

In regions with greater seasonal variance, the Hardy Slimer formed from the root-bearing descendants of the Tidal Slimer. As situations became unfavorable for photosynthesis, the organism went dormant, spending less energy while waiting for better times; usually the following spring. This allowed it to survive in regions that the Acidiaspora could not.

The remaining root-bearing descendants of the Tidal Slimer took a different path. They started forming a thin silica shell over the majority of the plant. This protected the Greenhouse Slimer from the acidic spores of Acidiaspora, and allowed it to live among them. However, the slow growth of the organism combined with the fact that the shells would eventually get covered in dirt or used as a surface for Acidiaspora to grow on meant that eventually very few Greenhouse Slimers could be found.

We have to move closer to water to find any other life. The Acidiaspora had invaded into this region, but its greater complexity meant that it couldn’t keep up with the Coastal Slimer’s growth rate when washed away by strong currents and tides. However the real winner is the Slimer Leafius Secondus. A very efficient photosynthesizer, the Slimer Leafius had already been washed ashore regularly, but only once the ability to retain water had developed did it manage to remain on shore. Over time it found success with its own rudimentary roots that gave it a better chance in areas that the Coastal Slimer and Acidiaspora would often wash away.

The Mudworm, a descendant of the Tidal Skavoun, took advantage of the abundance of plants and began eating them. The Slimer Leafius Secondus was the primary source of food for the Mudworm, but it generally avoided the Acidiaspora found among the Coastal Slimers.

The Artropodia Sirris, an evolution of the Artropodia Marnessia, also took advantage of the variety of plants growing near shore. With the only threat of predation coming from Swarmer Defensus and Swarmer Antropodivore, both of which had to be infected by Hydrator to make it onshore.

The Artropodia Excomia with its burgeoning social behavior pushed the Artropodia Marnessia more onshore. While not as bountiful as the slimer fields shallows region, the increasing numbers of creatures onshore meant that the Artorpodia Marnessia didn’t go hungry.

The Artropodia Sufessia was similarly forced to live on the shore, unable to compete against the Artropodia Excomia and too easy a prey for the Swarmer Antropodivore. Though feeding on similar things, it managed to do slightly better than the Artropodia Marnessia.

The Hydrator Necrophage developed an interesting life cycle. With increasing danger in the water, it became difficult to remain in the shallows long enough to spawn. A lucky new spawn would attach to a crawling creature. The crawlers would often find an easier life out of the water thanks to fewer predators and the Hydrator Necrophage’s moisture glands. While on shore, the crawler would live out its life and the Hydrator Necrophage would draw its sustenance from its host. Eventually the host would die and then the Hydrator Necrophage, detecting the beginning of decomposition, would begin eating its former host while preparing for spawn. The last act of the Hydrator Necrophage was to rupture, spilling spawn into the waters that it had always remained near.

Hydrators often emulated a similar pattern, but without being able to consume their host, they often lacked the energy to reproduce. With remaining in the sea put them at too great a risk of predation, they went extinct.

The Anthozor Fields region remained mostly unchanged with the Anthozor continuing to do well, and thus providing a safe ecosystem for many of the less dominant creatures to live.

In the slimer fields region, little changed about the plant growth on the sea floor with only a slight reduction in levels of light making it past the surface. However, floating above saw changes as the Viridor exploded in numbers pushing the Haptor out of existence and severely reducing the numbers of Peregrinor. The Navigor was reduced to sailing the open ocean and shallow regions that had strong enough currents to keep the Viridor from growing thick enough to make it difficult for the Navigor to sail around.

The Swarmer Antropodivore made quick work of the Artropodia Clanessia. Its pack hunting and poison resistance nearly negated all defenses that the Artropodia Clanessia had. The Artropodia Excomia was able to best resist the threat of the Swarmer Antropodivore since it was capable of group defense.

Swarmer Defensus was forced out of the slimer fields region and more into the less populated shallows, where food was harder to find.

The Tailus Herbivori enjoyed access to the abundance of plants and was often capable of avoiding the Viridor’s tentacles. The main threat came from the Vampira Impudens.

The Vampira Impudens has become one of the top predators in the shallows. One of the best swimmers, capable of crawling along the surface, and visually identifying prey and threats, the Vampira Impudens was difficult to catch and had a good response to most creatures defenses.

The Vampira Natator and the Vampira Lapsus both disappeared thanks to an inability to compete against the Vampira Impudens. However, the Vampira Latrunculus spent most of its time in the open ocean and was able to avoid directly competing against the Vampira Impudens.

The Vampira Stomachus was unable to compete with the other surface predators and went extinct.

The Gemitan Herbat evolved from the Tailus and took a similar path as the Tailus Bentus. It focused on plants instead of plankton. The only reason it managed to survive the era was due to the fact that it practically latched onto a plant and slowly ate it. Without senses, it often ended up as food for a Viridor, but when it managed to avoid the tentacles, the Gemitan Herbat was well protected from predators while remaining attached to a Viridor.

The Tailus Stingus took the Tailus back in the direction of its Floater ancestors by losing its swimming ability. However, instead of becoming an easy meal to the array of predators, it added a layer of stinging cells that made consumption difficult if not outright deadly. Only the Vampira Latrunculus and Vampira Impudens had the digestive ability to handle the Tailus Stingus.

The Tailus, ancestor for numerous currently living sea creatures, finally went extinct. Between being out-competed in finding food and easily hunted by a number of well developed predators, it was unable to maintain a large enough population to continue to replenish its numbers.

The deep sea remained mostly unchanged. The oddly-named, tentacle-less Tentacled Miner developed a taste for eating its neighbors, but unless it happened to get spawned near one, or undersea quakes and landslides caused it to fall near a neighbor, it had no way to reach them to eat. As such, it remained mostly a mineral consumer.

Thriving Creatures:

Armored Sponger, Senatros, Orophulas, Cipher all continued to thrive during this era.

Surviving Creatures:

Slimer Secondus, Slimer Stabilius, Tailus Bentus, Clawer Pheremoni, Oratros, Jetting Manipulator, Tidal Skavoun, Coastal Slimer, Indagator, Tailus Smellus, Introvaas, The Eater, Kato Endurus, Altum Comedentis, Altum Carnem all continue to surivive.

Poisoned Eater and Tailus Jagus had a decline in numbers due to increased competition, but continued to survive.

Endangered/Extinct Mentions:

The Passenger was too easily consumed by the various predators and was eaten out of existence.

The Tendrilled Passenger suffered a similar fate as the Passenger.

The Barbed Eater and Webed Eater had increasing difficulty in capturing prey that wouldn’t harm them. The lack of ability to really sense prey or predators caused both of these creatures to die out.

The Sun Drifter became an increasingly easy source of food for both meat and plant eaters. Its numbers sharply declined during the era.

The Tailus Absorbia was also quickly losing numbers as it was unable to properly avoid predators that could increasingly detect it.

The Tendrilled Manipulator was on the verge of extinction for similar reasons as the Passenger and Tendrilled Passenger.

Bonuses:
All bonuses are non-stackable.

Anyone making an evolution gets a +1 bonus gene when starting from the following:
Hardy Slimer
Tailus Stingus

The following players get a +1 bonus on any evolution:
Plant Award: Julius Gandi
Animal Award: erez87

Notes:
Sorry this took so long. Life got in the way as I finished the pictures, and I was delayed.

To anyone who hasn't seen it, check out NesLifeV by Daftpanzer. It is currently updating at a speed faster than I am going to be able to do. Don't worry though, TuxLife will continue to move on at its geologic pace.

Creature stats are updated, but may contain mistakes. Also, I have not gone through and made all descriptions understandable, I have mostly copy-pasted your descriptions. I will get to improving them with time.

The age is named after me, I created the first real alpha predator, and yet erez gets the animal bonus? :(

Eh, creating our not-jellyfish is worth the bonus. I'll just have to try harder.

Spoiler Previous Evolution :
Vampira Impudens: Omega
Evolved From: Vampira Natator
Genes (8): Flesh Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Crawling x1, Swimming x3, Teeth x1, Eyes x1
Description: In no way a shameless ripoff of the previously successful cousin predator Vampira Latrunculus, the fact of life is that the Natator honestly had a hard time hunting for food in the new Anthazor fields. Hunting became much more complicated with the addition of hiding, and there was supposedly nothing the Natador could do but shake its fin and swim away. Until now, that is! The new Vampira, Vampira Impundens, evolved two eyeballs on its head to see the world. Now, it may bodly enter the new jungles, looking at prey and then eating it.

Vampira Amare: Omega
Evolved From: Vampira Impudens
Genes (8): Flesh Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Crawling x1, Swimming x3, Teeth x1, Eyes x1
Genes Added: Bond Pairing x1
Genes Removed: None
Description: Major physical evolutions of the Vampira family halted around the birth of the Vampire Impundens. It was one of the most successful predators on Tau Porcus, if the the absolute one. Ever since it started gliding, the only real competition a Vampira had was with another Vampira. It should then be of no surprise that the next breakthrough was not only of a mental breakthrough, but one that addressed more of a inter problem than an intra. Execpting for the Cutter side of the Crawler family, most species in this planet mate by finding a suitable partner, make an egg, and then go their separate ways. This is extremely inefficient, and just led to disaster as most offspring died off alone.

Some Impudens, however, started to alter their mating habits. Instead of just mating and leaving, they started to stay with their mate long after the mating season was over. They would hunt together, share food, live in the same area, and generally live as a two-person pack. Also gone was the days where Impudens would seek multiple mates in its life. The new lifestyle was based on having the same mate for the specimen's entire life, which made sense considering the former change. Due to this, the mental abilities of the Impudens evolved to the point it could finally be called the Vampira Amare.

Oh my, I am not sure which of my creatures I want to evolve. I cannot remember, if I evolve a creature with a bonus, when I have a bonus, do I get to evolve three genes, or still just two. My feeling is two but I want to be certain.

Great update Tux! And Omega, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE NOT-JELLYFISH. And that is the lineage of the Peregrinor. ;)

Top Bottom