TuxLife

Spoiler :
Artropodia Excomia: Milarqui
Evolved from Artropodia Marnessia
Gene (11): Eating Dead Things x1, Plankton Eating x1, Crawling x1, Poison Spike x1, Claws x1, Water Retention x1, Complex Stomach x1, Shell x1, Eyes x1, Pack Hunting x1, Gills x1
Description: Artropodia Excomia was a threat to any predator that came near. Small packs were commonly seen on the seafloor and at the edge of the water foraging for food. When threatened, the group mindset allowed A. excomia to work together to remove the threat.

Artropodia Esparkia: Milarqui
Evolved from Artropodia Excomia
Genes (11): Eating Dead Things x1, Plankton Eating x1, Crawling x1, Poison Spike x1, Claws x1, Water Retention x1, Complex Stomach x1, Shell x1, Eyes x1, Pack Hunting x1, Gills x1
Gene added: Flesh Eating x1
Gene removed: None
Description: The great number of potential predators and preys made it more difficult for the A. Excomia to eat enough, because its ability to eat was seriously handicapped by the fact that it had to await for the decomposition of a corpse before starting to eat. Slowly, some A. Excomia specimen started to be hungry enough to attempt something they had never tried: attacking a live animal and eating it. A mudworm was the victim, and soon it fell and was eaten. This would slowly repeat among many A. Excomia packs, and soon one mutation allowed one A. Excomia to be able to eat flesh easily. This allowed it to reproduce far more easily, and soon it started to expand along the seas.

Let's move away from the Condenser line for a bit.

Tailus Obfuscator: filli_noctus
Evolved from: Tailus Absorbia
Genes added: Chromatophores
Genes removed: Drifting
Genes: Plankton Eating (x2), Swimming (x1), Chromatophores (x1)
Description: The evolutionary pressures on the ancient Tailus Absorbia finally forced out a new species. The buoyancy sacs in the Absorbia shrunk to vestigial organs in the Obfuscator to increase swimming efficiency, but that was not the most important change. To survive in an ocean increasingly populated with sensory equipped predators most species developed senses of their own, but the Obfuscator went the other way, developing chromatophores, allowing it to change its' colour and patterning to match the surrounding area and disguise itself from those predators that hunt by sight.

Tailus Jagus : erez87
Evolved from: Tailus Smellus
Gene (6): Plankton Eating x1, Swimming x2, Chemical Reception x1, Meat eating x1, Jaws x1
Description: No longer a creature that drifts with the seas, the Jagus now uses only his direct swimming abilities to move around. Its smell sense now also collects new targets. Powerful muscles evolved around the Jagus mouth, able to shut down quickly and hold onto prey. Oh yes, It now feeds on anything that swims around and doesn't have a defense mechanism, which is nearly everything in the open seas and the coastal areas. The Jagus still feeds on plankton when it is rich, but will turn on other creatures and its own kind to feed on meat when the opportunity arrives.

evolves to

Jagus Brainus: erez87
Evolved From: Tailus Jagus
Gene (8): Swimming x2, Chemical Reception x1, Meat eating x1, Jaws x1, Eyes x1, Brain Power x1
Genes Added: Brain Power x1, Eyes x1
Genes Removed: Plankton Eating
Description: With an extra set of sensing organs, Eye, the Jagus now could use its variety of senses to look for the best and easiest meal around, the only problem, it did not have the brain to do the calculations. It didn't take long before some new mutants with a high concentration of nerves in their heads could do the calculating. The new Brainus is smarter than its prey and most of its competition, and is able to process the information from its eyes and chemical sensing to choose the best meals around.

Oh my, I am not sure which of my creatures I want to evolve. I cannot remember, if I evolve a creature with a bonus, when I have a bonus, do I get to evolve three genes, or still just two. My feeling is two but I want to be certain.

Just two.

I just figured out why the Anthropods are so successful.

They are getting gene bonuses. D:. Even when I focus my entire attention on countering them they can simply outflank me with their gene bonuses. The Anthropods are now EVERYTHING the Swarmers are and MORE. Resistance is futile. D:

Shells, Claws, Packhunting, Flesh Eating, Vision and Claws are the same as the Swarmer Anthropodivore BUT they also have water retention, poison spikes, planton and dead things eating AND complex stomachs.

It is but a small consolation that they should be less efficient at reproduction and feeding over all (with 1.5 feeding levels each while I have 2 in pure meat eating and with 12 genes to support instead of 8). I am very sad. :/

EDIT: Maybe I should just stick a Mass Production or two in there. :/

Spoiler :

Vampira latrunculus : Julius Gandi
Evolved from: Vampira Lapsus
Genes (6): + Gills x1, +Vision Recognition x1(or eye x1), Flesh Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Swimming x1, Teeth x1
Genes removed: Crawling 1x
Description: Vampira Latrunculus is an active hunter and is the first in the Vampira family to have grown gills or eyes. The gills have allowed them to increase respiration. This lets the Vampira Latrinculus sustain swimming. However, the Vampira Latrunculu is still found laying on the ocean bottom to conserve energy and watch for pray to swim haplessly above.

Genes Added: + swimming, +Chemical Reception

Vampira Petitoris : Julius Gandi
Evolved from: Vampira latrunculus
Genes (6): Gills x1, Eye x1, Chemical Reception x1, Flesh Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Swimming x2, Teeth x1
Description: With the difficulty of the great distances in the open ocean, Vampira Latrunbculus found it difficult to locate prey with their eyes only. Living away from the shallows has also awarded those Vampira who swam the best. Bringing us to the present day Vampria Petitoris.

Sun Drifter : SouthernKing
Evolved From: Sea Drifter
Gene (4): Photosynthesis x1, Plankton Eating x1, Drifting x1, Water Retention x1
Description: The Sun Drifter now has the ability to breathe in the air above water, allowing for it to drift at the surface, allowing for more photosynthesis energy. Although it can still eat plankton, it is doing this less and less.
Sun Trapper: SouthernKing
Evolved From: Sun Drifter
Gene Added: Poison Spikes x1
Discription: Some Sun Drifters began turning substances in plankton into toxins to prevent themselves from being eaten. These became more common over time, and developed spike like growths. Whatever attempts to eat this quickly suffers a poisonous death, after which it stays suspended on the spikes, attracting plankton for the drifter to eat and warning other predators to stay away. More plankton means more food though the drifter cannot yet eat its catch directly.

Spoiler :
Tailus Herbivori: Spaceman
Evolved from: Tailus Bentus
Genes (5): Plant eating x2, Drifting x1, Swimming x1, Electric sense x1, Strong tail x1
Discription: Plants diversified greatly. However the plant eaters where too weak to climb out of the shadows. However the overabundance of food ment that they evolved. Some of them learned to digest plants more effeciently. These soon extracted more energy from their leafy diet. Now their tails could become stronger. Strong enough to escape the bottom and drift up, through the predators, to the rich jungle above.

Tailus Concha: momo1000
Evolved From: Tailus Herbivori
Gene Added: Shell x1
Description: The Tailus Herbivori have scraped out a living, just managing to survive by swimming away and running. However, this expends too much energy. To protect themselves, some of the Herbivori have evolved tough outer shells similar to ones of OTL turtles and have become Tailus Concha. Their tough shells protect them from predators such as the Vampira Impudens.

----

If I remove a gene, do I get another point to add another?

Spoiler :
Tailus Herbivori: Spaceman

If I remove a gene, do I get another point to add another?
Spoiler :

No, removing genes currently does not provide new points to work with.

Tailus Jagus : erez87
Evolved from: Tailus Smellus
Gene (6): Plankton Eating x1, Swimming x2, Chemical Reception x1, Meat eating x1, Jaws x1
Description: No longer a creature that drifts with the seas, the Jagus now uses only his direct swimming abilities to move around. Its smell sense now also collects new targets. Powerful muscles evolved around the Jagus mouth, able to shut down quickly and hold onto prey. Oh yes, It now feeds on anything that swims around and doesn't have a defense mechanism, which is nearly everything in the open seas and the coastal areas. The Jagus still feeds on plankton when it is rich, but will turn on other creatures and its own kind to feed on meat when the opportunity arrives.

Becomes

Tailus Deepus: Terrance888
Evolved from: Tailus Jagus
Gene (7): Plankton Eating x1, Swimming x2, Chemical Reception x1, Meat eating x1, Jaws x1, Pressure Resistance x1
New Genes: Pressure Resistance
Description: The increased competition proved too much for some members of the Tailus Jagus, and they begun using their Chemical Reception at night, hunting those reliant on eye-sight in the dark. Others begun swimming deeper in search of weird smells allowed to propagate in the stillness of night, and some survived to find a veritiable garden of food-easily cracked skins, sightness crawstrum, and other delectables. Munching plankton by day, dormant sight-seers by twilight and in the deep by night, they are active their entire life, endlessly eating and procreating.

Now that I finally updated my Life NES, I feel justified in posting my new evolution.

:D :D :D :D :goodjob:

Vampira Impudens: Omega
Evolved From: Vampira Natator
Genes (8): Flesh Eating x1, Complex Stomach x1, Crawling x1, Swimming x3, Teeth x1, Eyes x1
Description: In no way a shameless ripoff of the previously successful cousin predator Vampira Latrunculus, the fact of life is that the Natator honestly had a hard time hunting for food in the new Anthazor fields. Hunting became much more complicated with the addition of hiding, and there was supposedly nothing the Natador could do but shake its fin and swim away. Until now, that is! The new Vampira, Vampira Impundens, evolved two eyeballs on its head to see the world. Now, it may bodly enter the new jungles, looking at prey and then eating it.

Impirothira: Daftpanzer
Evolved From: Vampira Impudens
Added Gene: Exoskeleton x1
Removed Gene: Swimming x1
Description: Impirothira expands on the Vampiradae toolkit with the addition of hard, armoured body plates that provide both protection and support for internal body structures. Thus heavier than its ancestors, swimming is more of a struggle. It prefers to stalk the seabed, especially the Anthozor reefs, getting into scrapes with other animals if finds there, including its own relatives.

EDIT: for once, I thought I'd have a go at making a creature at the cutting edge in terms of complexity. I haven't forgotten about the Mudworm and the Spongers too :)

Not to excite anyone too much by bumping this as I do not have an update, but I wanted to share a rough simulation of floaters eating plankton. It is made with Gamemaker.

TuxLife-Sim-Test

Ooh, that's really cool :) I've got a bunch of them multiplying, but I notice they like to eat their own offspring if they are small enough (which seems realistic :) ). Great job!

Top Bottom