UK Politics IV - In Lies we Don't Truss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that Labour is trying to out-conservative the Tories, unlikely.

Also, polls are polls. Hard to put much stock in them, especially with an election still months away (at best).

Sometimes it's better just to give them more rope to hang themselves.

Wish our media did slightly better job here.

Aren't the conservatives heading towards an utter trouncing at the polls?

Voters might look over moral issues and ethics, or different views on certain topics when they cast their vote at elections.

But one thing that voters in generel will not tolerate, is incompetence. The absolute worst label you can apply to a politician no matter if they're left-, right-wing or centrist, is that he or she is incompetent.

Voters might look over moral issues and ethics, or different views on certain topics when they cast their vote at elections.

But one thing that voters in generel will not tolerate, is incompetence. The absolute worst label you can apply to a politician no matter if they're left-, right-wing or centrist, is that he or she is incompetent.

I thought some of ours were bad but UK has us beat.

And yet again here we have an example of rules that applied until recently but don't anymore.

Sometimes it's better just to give them more rope to hang themselves.
Just to be clear, this "rope" is made of the lives of the people in the UK, some of whom are in this very thread.

Just to be clear, this "rope" is made of the lives of the people in the UK, some of whom are in this very thread.

That's gonna happen anyway though.

Bit of hyperbole as well let's face it.

That's gonna happen anyway though.

Bit of hyperbole as well let's face it.

And yet you are incredulous that so many of us advocate a violent overthrow of the existing system.

Why would any of us ever vote for a party or participate in a system so utterly indifferent to our lives?

It appears that Rishi Sunak has announced that he is cancelling plans for the Birmingham to Manchester section of HS2.

I would normally post a link, but all that I have found are so full of nonsense I am reluctant to publicise them.

And yet you are incredulous that so many of us advocate a violent overthrow of the existing system.

Why would any of us ever vote for a party or participate in a system so utterly indifferent to our lives?

You and whose army? You're not even British. There's a built in mechanism to remove them from power. Seems like they're gonna get annihilated next election.

Unless you're British, Zardnaar, that's the pot calling the kettle black.

Zardnaar, please, I don't know whether you read your posts after you make them but right now you seem to be just antagonising people for the sake of antagonising them and you're dragging the thread down.

Unless you're British, Zardnaar, that's the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not the one calling to overthrow another countries government with violence.

Main point is you can't really stop the British conservatives being *******s.

Good news is they seem to be defeating themselves.

Losing has consequences along with doing what they're doing.

If you swing to far left pr right in any caguely functioning Democracy you're gonna get turfed out of power it seems.

That and gross incompetence.

If you leave the American culture war BS out it seems things will take care of themselves is the main point.

Such stupidity from the USA is creeping in here now. Took a bit longer.

If you swing to far left pr right in any caguely functioning Democracy you're gonna get turfed out of power it seems.
And what on earth are you defining as the reasonable centre?

I'm not the one calling to overthrow another countries government with violence.

And I’m not the one talking about fashioning my and my sisters’ corpses into a noose to win someone else’s minor political squabble.

And I’m not the one talking about fashioning my and my sisters’ corpses into a noose to win someone else’s minor political squabble.

It was applied to the conservatives so once again stop strawmanning me.

You eat the conservatives out of power let them do it for you. When your enemy is busy shooting themselves in the foot why interrupt?

Seizing defeat from victory!!

And what on earth are you defining as the reasonable centre?

Not the internet shrieking on social media American style.

What are the issues most important to the British? I can probably guess number 1 or two without trying to hard.

If you're after up votes from fellow travelers knock yourself out but it's not them you have to convince is it?

Main point is you can't really stop the British conservatives being *******s.

Good news is they seem to be defeating themselves.
No they're not, because both our parties are increasingly saying the same things.

I told you this already. Your "main point" is based on something that isn't true, which you'd know if you actually listened for a change.

No they're not, because both our parties are increasingly saying the same things.

I told you this already. Your "main point" is based on something that isn't true, which you'd know if you actually listened for a change.

Why are they saying the same things?

Is it a reflection on them or British society?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom