UN: Patch 1.74 Poll

I wonder what it is then???

Oh well. So can we maybe ask Ainwood for help?

all this discussion and we cant patch..should we proceed with out the patch?

Thanks Memphus. Hopefully someone will be able to sort this out.

Didn't DaveShack provide a step-by-step at some point?... Maybe that was for a dual install... :hmm:

I'll try to play tomorrow (ya had to send it on Thanksgiving??).:)

Lets wait and see if someone else on Piffle can load it, but it didnt work for me. (Assets protected).

Do you happen to have Beyond The Sword patched to 3.13?

If there's going to be problems with the BtS and non-BtS dll compatibility, I suggest using the solution that's used in the GotM which allows all players to play with the BtS dll. Unless, of course, if someone has a simpler solution or iif it turns out that it isn't a problem.

If we ask Rik to do it again, now with the BTS compatible GOTM add-on (and someone can explain to the rest of us how to get it too :confused:), we *should* be ready to go.

If we ask Rik to do it again, now with the BTS compatible GOTM add-on (and someone can explain to the rest of us how to get it too :confused:), we *should* be ready to go.
The GOTM add-on solution is only available for Warlords at the moment AFAIK, but I'll try to consult with my fellow staffers to see if they can work something out.

It appears the solution is much simpler than I thought, since there's no legal issues using the only part of the GotM add-on that's relevant to us - the dll.

If everyone, including the one that will make the next attempt at patching the game, without BtS downloads the dll supplied here (it also includes the Warlords dll, but that's not needed for us) and places it in assets, we shouldn't have any compatibility problems.

For those worried about having to manage a pre- and post-BtS dual install, that's not neccesary. Simply switch the pre- and post dll back and forth as needed, remaning the unused one with a different file extension.

Top Bottom