Unit Discussion/Previews

Well, considering Wyrm's instructions to request tanks, ships, aircraft, other vehicles etc. it would be wise to request a vehicle. Duh :p But probably one that would be relatively easy to make. so no troops near it (so no Ork trukks or buggies)

The units that we need (according to Gold's unit lines) that fit the bill are:
* Razorback (SM)
* Hunter AA (SM)
* Immolater (WH)
* Exorcist (WH)
* Gryphon (IG)
* Wave Serpent (Eld)
* Devilfish (Tau)
* Hammerhead (Tau)
* Skyray (Tau)
* Piranha (Tau)
* Raider (DE)
* Ravager (DE)
* Talos (DE)
* Battlewagon (Ork)

Of course there are the variations on units for the SM chapters UUs, but i think it would be best to get the "vanilla" stuff done first.

So, as i see it we have three options:

1) Try and finish off the needed vehicles for the Space Marines, Witch Hunters and Imperial Guard vehicles; or

2) Request a unit that we think we would have a hard time getting otherwise; or

3) The one we think would be the coolest :D

Personally, i would like to see the Hammerhead get made, or one of the other Tau vehicles, since i think Orky stuff iz best leff to da expurtz (aaglo ;))

But we should discuss it as a team :)

What do others think?

But.. we already have a Razorback? :hmm:

The Imperial Tanks use the Rhino chasis.. which we have access to, so we can get those done anytime, IMO.

Any pics of a Hunter, tho?

We also have 3 Eldar Tanks.. I think something Tau would be nice to get. Anything. Even the lil` Piranha :)

But.. we already have a Razorback? :hmm:

The Imperial Tanks use the Rhino chasis.. which we have access to, so we can get those done anytime, IMO.

Any pics of a Hunter, tho?

We also have 3 Eldar Tanks.. I think something Tau would be nice to get. Anything. Even the lil` Piranha :)

So we do, i musta missed the Razorback when i was looking.

Instead of the Hunter, I suggest we use the already-made Tarantula.

With that done, we don't need any non-biological SM units!

I like that idea. After that we would only need an Attack Bike (which is different to the regular bikes i assume), Scout Sniper, Psyker and Commissar to finish off Gold's vanilla line

VC, any opinion on what we should request?

Not yet. The fact that Wyrm doesn't want to make Space Ships rules out most Eldar/Tau...

For the Imperial Guard, we could either request a Vulture of a Griffon (however it's spelt?)

What do you guys think of these UUs for the Orks (Goffs are in Gold's post on pg 1)
Spoiler ork lines :
DA ORKZ!

Land Units

Starting- Slugga Boy (4.1.1) Options to Stikkbomma
Infantry- Shootaboy (3.3.1)Options to Big Shoota, Stikkbomma (4.2.1), Defensive Bombard (4.0.1)
Tactics- Big Shoota (3.5.1)
Mobility- Warbike (5.1.2)
Mobile Infantry- Trukkboyz (4.2.2) ZOC
Support- Tankbusta (5.3.1)
Promethieum Refinement- Burna Boy (6.1.1)
Assault Infantry- Stormboyz (5.4.2) Paradrop
Fast Attack- Buggy (6.3.2)
Walkers- Killa Kan (7.4.1) +1 HP, Treats all terrain as roads
Elite Infantry- Skarboyz (7.5.1) Sees Hidden
Stealth- Kommandoz- (6.4.1) Sees Hidden, Hidden, Sneak Attack versus Infantry
Heavy Support- Looted Leman Russ (8.5.2) +1 HP, Defesnive Bombard (7.0.1)
Siege- Lobba (1.1.1) Bombards (7.2.1)
Field Artillery- Kannon (1.1.1) Bombards (6.1.2)
Special Weapons - Zzap Gun (4.4.1) Bombards (9.1.1) Lethal Land
Heroes- Nob (8.6.1) Sneak attack versus Armor (Power Claw) and Early Game Orks (Weedy Gitz!)
AA- Flak Trukk (4.4.2) AA of Some!
Super Heavy- Battlewagon (13.9.2) ZOC, Bombards (6.1.2) +2 HP
Champion- Warboss (9.7.1) Sees 2, Sneak Attack Versus Champions and Heroes

Sea Units

Naval Transport- Waaagh Barge
Naval Warfare - Kroozer
Naval Supremecy - Battlekroozer

Air Units

Flight- Fightabomma
Heavy Fliers- 'Eavy Bomma

Goffs

Stormierboyz (6.3.3) Paradrop, Replaces Stormboy
Ork Dreadnaught (8.5.2) +2 HP, Upgrade of Killa Kan, Forge Tech
Warlord (10.7.1) Sees 2, Sneak Attack Versus Champions and Heroes and Armor

No Buggies, Kommandoz, or Zzap Guns

Blood Axes
Looted Basilisk (3.3.2) Bombards (6.3.2) replaces Kannon
Mekboy (7.6.1) replaces Nob, a ork, smaller than a nob, armed with a big spanna and a kustom blasta
Blood Axe Kommando (6.4.1) Sees Hidden, Hidden, Sneak Attack versus Infantry, replaces Kommando

No Stormboyz

Snakebites
Wild Boy (3.2.1), replaces Slugga Boy
Hunta (4.3.1), replaces Shoota Boy
Boar Boy (5.1.2), sees hidden, replaces Warbike
Junkatrukk (5.1.2), replaces Trukkboyz
Mad Boy (6.4.1), replaces Stormboyz
Cyboar Boy (6.3.2), sees hidden, +1 HP, replaces Buggy
Brute (8.5.1), replaces Skar Boyz
Trappa (7.4.1), sees hidden, hidden, sneak attack vs infantry, replaces Kommando
Wyrdboy (7.7.1) Defensive Bombard (7.0.1), sees hidden, replaces Nob
Squiggoth (14.9.2) ZOC, +2 HP, replaces Battlewagon

No Burna Boyz, Kannons or Zzap Guns

Evil Sunz
Outrider (6.2.3) replaces WarbikeWartrak (7.3.2) replaces Buggy
Deth Kopta (6.3.2) rebase, paradrop, special unit at Flight
Guntrukk (1.1.2) Bombards (6.1.2), replaces kannon
Mekboy (7.6.1) replaces Nob, see above
Big Mek (8.8.1) Sees 2, replaces Warboss, armed similarly to the mekboy, but with a kustom force field on his back and an even bigger spanna, maybe the force field could feature in the fidget or the fortify animation

No Killa Kans or Lobbas

Death Skullz
Loota (5.4.1) replaces Tankbustas
Looted Chimera (3.2.2) ZOC, replaces Trukkboyz but are cheaper
Looted Basilisk (3.3.2) Bombards (6.3.2) replaces Kannon
Looted Baneblade (14.7.2) +2 HP, replaces Battlewagon
Mekboy (7.6.1) replaces Nob, see above

No Kommandoz

Bad Moonz
Flash Gitz (8.6.1) Sees Hidden, replaces Skar Boyz
Wartrak Scorcha (7.3.2) ZOC, replaces Buggy
Deth Kopta (6.3.2) rebase, paradrop, special unit at Flight
Blasta Trukk (4.4.1) Bombards (10.1.2) replaces Zzap Gun

No Stormboyz

Well, we have a looted baneblade by muffins, the basilisk doesnt really have to be changed, and the chimera probably would'nt need to change either

we have a squiggoth, boar boyz, wyrdboyz (orc shaman) and wild boyz (orc swordsmen)

the brute could even use the black orc graphics

outriders could probably use warbike graphics, the junkatrukk could use wartrukk graphics, and huntas could use shoota boy graphics. of course, different pedia pics would be great (like in the WH mod to differentiate mage units)

new units would be wartrakz (only one cos i could probably do a scorcha version like i did with the hellhound), Deff Koptaz, Mekboyz, Big Meks, Lootas, Cyboar Boyz, Trappaz, well, actually, all the ones i didnt mention before :)

so quite a few, it'd be great to get them all. the hunta, for example could be the same as the shoota boyz except for some feathers sticking out of a bandana or something.

of course, these are not essential, and some could be left out of the first version to make it faster

Oh, crap. Sorry guys, but I used my vote in Wyrm's lottery for a Star Wars unit. (Gimme a break, that mod needs to get something done! ;))

Personally, i would like to see the Hammerhead get made, or one of the other Tau vehicles, since i think Orky stuff iz best leff to da expurtz (aaglo ;))

Smoking Mirror did a Hammerhead. He posted it here. It seems to be fine, unless you guys have some reason to not use it.

That's fine odin, don't feel too bad (unless you win, then you'll feel my wrath. Waaagh! ;))

He did too, i had forgotten about that. Good enough for now, I would rather like a new one though. But i think we can go with the Vulture; try and get the Imperial Guard :)mischief:) sorted good and proper.

What is the Vulture's role? Transport? Like the Firaxis heli?

and odin, any news on the scout sniper? perhaps we could request a sniple rifle prop in bjorn's lottery thingy?

Top Bottom