Unit requests thread

I only know how to use Blender :( .

Maybe I should just stick to making leaderheads.

Dont say that. I didnt know what the hell i was doing 3 months ago either. Im not talking bad about blender. Its just in some blender made units, the creator uses alot of extraneous properties. Things like the Collision Datas that I dont understand. Im sure they do something, but I also know they arent necessary in units and cause confusion. And the skin partition thing, I think was breaking your model as well. This unit stuff is practically child's play compared to Lh's, and with the quality of all your LH's, you should be able to do some good units. Youve already made alot of great looking units, not knowing what youre doing.

One other thing: You had the forearm bones named ForeArm instead of Forearm. You wouldnt think that would matter but apparently nifskope says it does.

Well thanks, its not that I'm just giving up altogether. As you have seen from that list of units I sent you I have a lot to make. The mod is going to take a long time to finish because not only do I have to learn some coding, but I also have to figure out a few new future techs (I'm making an expanded modern/future era, although not too expanded), some new units and buildings for new religions, some altered UUs (for certain civs), and a host of new LHs. So its a big job, anytime I hit a snag what I'll do is move on to something else and come back to it at a later date.

So far I have made some American, Portuguese, Dutch, Arab, and Mongolian industrial-era units, but I have a lot more to go.

I just explained a couple of posts ago where you can find most of what you are looking for. Beyond that you just have to mess around with things.

I found sevral but alot say they need an animation file from Civ4 which I do not own. Hince my problem

the engine is the excat same engine and the units import actully, I just need them with an animation file, the Civ4:Col Engine and the Civ4 Engine are the excat same.

the engine is the excat same engine and the units import actully, I just need them with an animation file, the Civ4:Col Engine and the Civ4 Engine are the excat same.

Some units come with all the animation files included. It might be worth it to download and check.

yeah of course....just had another english ship of the line from the database before. so i only had to change the .nif and the .kfm. but as i said it doesnt work. you said some posts above it works? how did you do that?

*Edit*: in the colonization artdefines_unit.xml the entries are missing this line: <SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Ship_0f_the_Line/Ship_of_the_Line_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
perhaps this is why it always crashes....the colonization units dont have a shadernif?!

*Edit2*: can anyone please get this model working for beyond the sword?

Sorry, I tried to use this unit in the same way I normale add units to my mod, but the games crashed. I think you really can not use it in normal civ. I wonder, because in importet some colonization units in my game, and they work.

I think the boats in Col work differently because the water is not the same at all (you can't use Col water in Civ4, so I assume the same applies to the ships).

Civ4 units can go into Col not sure in reverse, as Col is running on a heavily modified engine

*Edit*: in the colonization artdefines_unit.xml the entries are missing this line: <SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Ship_0f_the_Line/Ship_of_the_Line_FX.nif</SHADERNIF>
perhaps this is why it always crashes....the colonization units dont have a shadernif?!

*Edit2*: can anyone please get this model working for beyond the sword?

I dont think its because of what you said. The model crashes scene viewer when I try to load it. Nifskope loads it, but I cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong. Ive stripped it down to the bare mesh without any properites and it still crashes scene viewer.

I dont think its because of what you said. The model crashes scene viewer when I try to load it. Nifskope loads it, but I cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong. Ive stripped it down to the bare mesh without any properites and it still crashes scene viewer.
Sometimes something can be wrong with the mesh in weird ways that the Civ-engine doesn't like - and crashes it (especially if you tinker with it a lot or removed/fiddled around with skin partitions). NifSkope is way more tolerant. One thing that often helps is importing the model into blender, removing all bones and stuff until only the bare textured mesh is left (also remove vertex groups, if there are any) and then re-exporting - because the export usually produces a clean, working nif.

Of course, this kills all animations, shaders etc., so you need to rebone it afterwards and add teamcolour/glossmaps/shaders etc.

Cheers, LT.

Sometimes something can be wrong with the mesh in weird ways that the Civ-engine doesn't like - and crashes it (especially if you tinker with it a lot or removed/fiddled around with skin partitions). NifSkope is way more tolerant. One thing that often helps is importing the model into blender, removing all bones and stuff until only the bare textured mesh is left (also remove vertex groups, if there are any) and then re-exporting - because the export usually produces a clean, working nif.

Of course, this kills all animations, shaders etc., so you need to rebone it afterwards and add teamcolour/glossmaps/shaders etc.

Cheers, LT.

Yeah already did that, maybe I didnt clean it up as good as I shouldve. Thing is this thing is crashing the very first time I opened it.

EDIT: Ok maybe I did something wrong before. Just did a simple import/export without touching anything and now it opens in sceneviewer.

That looks really awesome actually. Nice work Achilles.

Thanks. I had actually made the HMS victory before by stretching out a SoTL and adding a 3rd row of cannons. But this looks much better than my previous attempts. I need to get ahold of colonization, or atleast its FPK, and see what else I could make.

EDIT: Crap, I knocked my fix back a page. well Nudden look at the last page for your ship

Hello!

Unit Request - "Transport Aircraft"

I would like a transport aircraft, and can thus far only find the UN Transport Plane.

This plane would work fine if (a) it wasn't already in the mod, and (b) it wasn't quite so WHITE.

A re-skin would work perfectly, or if you could point me in the direction of alternatives, I'd be dead chuffed.

Inspiration:

Hercules

Merci!

Top Bottom