Unit requests thread

Thanks. I had actually made the HMS victory before by stretching out a SoTL and adding a 3rd row of cannons. But this looks much better than my previous attempts. I need to get ahold of colonization, or atleast its FPK, and see what else I could make.

EDIT: Crap, I knocked my fix back a page. well Nudden look at the last page for your ship

thank you very much achilleszero, looks awesome!

*EDIT*: @sarkyn....look at attached files. there are three transport planes....c130 hercules, il-76 "candid" and another one. hope that will help ypu out.

cheers

Hello!

Unit Request - "Transport Aircraft"

I would like a transport aircraft, and can thus far only find the UN Transport Plane.

This plane would work fine if (a) it wasn't already in the mod, and (b) it wasn't quite so WHITE.

A re-skin would work perfectly, or if you could point me in the direction of alternatives, I'd be dead chuffed.

Inspiration:

Hercules

Merci!

Made one a while back:

Thread

Download

A quick note to say thank you very much to the unit-makers who've given me such beautiful work to use. I'll go away and see if I can get my first modmod working now (it's for Rise of Mankind, fyi).

Thanks once again!

PS. Anyone have a nice button for it? The attached DDS doesn't seem to render properly in BTS 3.19 :/

Attachments

• c130.jpg
    c130.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 72
Thats because your using the skin texture as a button. Normally a button dds will be between 5 and 17kb. Here I made this button from your screen shot:
View attachment 221620

Thank you!

I did wonder. I knew buttons were also direct draw files, and just assumed that unit makers would throw a button in, since the massive effort required to make a unit is 100x more complex than that required to make a button :)

Now one final question - this is a "no team colour" version of the model. Is it a relatively easy thing to add team colour? I've seen it discussed on threads I've been snooping, but couldn't quite work out what additional element I needed...

1. They still exist

2. While the Indians do have a few units, they were formed and generally fight for the British as the Royal Ghurka Rifles

It just looks like a reskinned marine to me.

Yeah, not really what I was hoping for. Was hoping more of a unit from when they were formed/early years. Theres already indian marines and infantry in the DB.

Gurkas aren't actually from India. As far as I am aware the majority of them are from Nepal... So they are more Asian than Indian...

Gurkha, also spelled as Gorkha or Ghurka, are people from Nepal and northern India who take their name from the eighth century Hindu warrior-saint Guru Gorakhnath.

I meant more in the context of a military unit, and I think I have sufficient answers now and I don't really think any more answers are necessary. Thanks a lot though! :goodjob:

Top Bottom