Unit requests thread

Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anybody around here wouldn't mind helping me out and teamcoloring this Ethnic Prophet I created. It is a Mesopotamian Great Prophet that I intend on using for my mod for Sumeria and Babylon (and then later for Phoenicia, Assyria, etc.)

The areas marked with the red arrows are the ones I want teamcolored. They are basically the blue sash and the "jewels" on his crown/head-dress. I hope this is possible, I have provided the files for anyone who wants to do this, the unit is usable right now but has no teamcolor, so if you want to DL it for your own use that's fine, I'd just prefer it were teamcolored.

Thanks in advance. :goodjob:

EDIT: And if you want to add your own bells and whistles to it or improve it in any way that'd be fine too, so long as you leave the original file.
Here you go, haven't tested the unit, but I'm sure it should work. I also added a gloss effect and combined the used graphics in two dds files, I hope you are okay with that. :)

By the way, adding team color is pretty simple, here is a tutorial.

Attachments

• AncientProphet.zip
    40.2 KB · Views: 62
Hi everyone,

I'm having a little problem with this unit. We're using it in a mod, but unfortunatly, the head doesn't move while attacking or walking; it just keeps floating in the air. I have zero knowledge in editing units, so can anybody here help me out?
btw, it's using Swordsman animation.

Thanks a lot SL, could you leave that up for a bit. I am still waiting on a wireless adapter that I ordered online, and it hasn't come yet so I can't use my home computer right now because I changed my cable company which happened to be my internet company and I needed a new one for it to work (apparently).

Hi everyone,

I'm having a little problem with this unit. We're using it in a mod, but unfortunatly, the head doesn't move while attacking or walking; it just keeps floating in the air. I have zero knowledge in editing units, so can anybody here help me out?
btw, it's using Swordsman animation.

try this (not tried in game and i´m a bit "out of training")

edit: look two post below

Great! Thanks a lot! (i can't test it ingame either, atm)
I heard that you're just the man to do that :goodjob:

Great! Thanks a lot! (i can't test it ingame either, atm)
I heard that you're just the man to do that :goodjob:

found a small error in the nif - the texture had transparent parts but the teamcolor texture wasn´t added - fixed this

--------------------------
@ all
Is there already a "fix" for the wheels of the Korean Hwach´a uploaded (black -> transparency)? (i have the files ready, but want to avoid a second upload of a vanilla unit)

Attachments

• swordsman3.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 35
  • prev.jpg
    prev.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 68
Thanks a lot SL, could you leave that up for a bit. I am still waiting on a wireless adapter that I ordered online, and it hasn't come yet so I can't use my home computer right now because I changed my cable company which happened to be my internet company and I needed a new one for it to work (apparently).
No problem. The unit will stay uploaded as long as needed. Also, I wish you good luck with the cable company. :)
@ all
Is there already a "fix" for the wheels of the Korean Hwach´a uploaded (black -> transparency)? (i have the files ready, but want to avoid a second upload of a vanilla unit)
:confused: I'm afraid I don't really understand. Is there a problem with the vanilla Hwach´a?

:confused: I'm afraid I don't really understand. Is there a problem with the vanilla Hwach´a?

not really a problem - more something asthetic - but at least i have "black" wheels on my pc - see attached pic (sorry for the quality - but i was a bit too lazy to have a bigger pic of the changed one) - left the vanilla one, right the one with added transparency to the wheels

More or less the problem (?at least at my machine?) was, wheels and Hwach´a are one mesh - the wheels need transparency - the Hwach´a has teamcolor parts - so to have both parts working like they should it was necessary to seperate them

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 93
not really a problem - more something asthetic - but at least i have "black" wheels on my pc - see attached pic (sorry for the quality - but i was a bit too lazy to have a bigger pic of the changed one) - left the vanilla one, right the one with added transparency to the wheels

More or less the problem (?at least at my machine?) was, wheels and Hwach´a are one mesh - the wheels need transparency - the Hwach´a has teamcolor parts - so to have both parts working like they should it was necessary to seperate them
Funny, never noticed this myself. :crazyeye:

I don't think that there is any solution for this without separating the wheels, because team color and transparency both use the alpha channel. The only easy solution would be to remove the team color from the Hwach´a, after all the gunner has some team color, too. Of course the alpha channel would have to be adjusted for the wheels (like you did) and for the rest of the Hwach´a.

Funny, never noticed this myself. :crazyeye:

i fear you missed a important part of my post: it was ;)

(i already separated them and adjusted the necessary files - but didn´t wanted to upload this files a "second time")

attached are the changed files - if somebody thinks a official download would be better - perhaps i can be motivated to make one (the non shader nif has no skin partition, so i fear it´s a bit slower than the original nif)

Attachments

• Hwacha_Korean_tw.zip
    98.7 KB · Views: 40
I need not so much a unit, as a whole bunch of units! I'm making a total conversion mod, and I need units! The easiest ones will be a few mechs, the hardest ones will be the alien infantry.

Two requests.

1. Could someone modify this panda.dds so that it is XML ready? I don't know how to do that. (I also do not have the creator's name to give proper credit.)

2. If possible, can the panda be reskinned to look cute, instead of fierce? Pandas are bears, but not scary-looking bears.

Attachments

• panda.rar.not.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 53
I made a sniper and while not perfect it was to the best of my ability.

The thing is I really want him to have the helmet (or head and helmet) from the paratrooper. Is it possible?

I attached both my sniper (that uses infantry animation and base, but marine trishape and dragunov sniper rifle) and the paratrooper nif/dds

Thanks

Vincentz

edit : also (and sorry for being a noob) but is it possible to adjust his posture. he kind of stands with his arms very close to his body. which files would I have to edit for that?

Double edit : Or would it be easier to use the Paratrooper and then give him a single shot animation instead of his submachinegun bursts

Triple edit : I attached the SVD to the paratrooper but cant find a way to control the rangedstrike to only fire one round. Is it possible?
I attached the Sniper Para, with the Rangedstrike kf attached

I need two things: First I request a Mitrailleuse or a 19th Century Machine Gun on wheels like a cannon. Secondly I need a bicycle soldier. Because I know that it would be difficult to create the animations, it would be okay if he carries the bike on his back (like the ski troop I asked for once). It would also be enough th have just the bicycle to add it to an existing soldier. Thanks.

Has anyone ever done a seal or a walrus, even a static model of the animals? I want to add some additional fur/food/hammer to the arctic in my Age of Discovery mod. I know there is penguins, but I can't find any reference to this animal being really used by anyone as a commodity or a source of food or production.

Ideally a seal, walrus, or some other large beast would do. Thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Troy

still looking for an assassin and I would also like to request some sort of guild master to replace the corporation ceo:

sort of like a man with a brown apron with a space of the apron to put the guild logo maybee to look medieval please!

still looking for an assassin and I would also like to request some sort of guild master to replace the corporation ceo:

sort of like a man with a brown apron with a space of the apron to put the guild logo maybee to look medieval please!

Have a look in my mod. I made some a long time ago from the wizards robe and the priests head with a settlers staff :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326966

you can use the book for logo.

Top Bottom