Unit requests thread

WHY DOES EVERYONE IGNORE ME!?

Please someone comment on my Cannon idea!

:(:(:(:(:(
I don't think that everybody isn't commenting on your posts on purpose, it's just the case that nobody feels up to the task sometimes. The cannon idea isn't bad at all, but I guess this would only mean a variation for the idle and run animation of the cannon unit, right? After all, they don't usally fire the cannon with the horse still attached as far as I know. ;) Could be done, but somebody has to volunteer for it.

Further if I remember right you ask for alien units some time ago, right? I think you'll have to get a bit more specific here. Also, have you already searched for units in the database? There are some nice units to be found. :)
Has anyone ever done a seal or a walrus, even a static model of the animals? I want to add some additional fur/food/hammer to the arctic in my Age of Discovery mod. I know there is penguins, but I can't find any reference to this animal being really used by anyone as a commodity or a source of food or production.

Ideally a seal, walrus, or some other large beast would do. Thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Troy
Are you still interested in this? tom2050 has converted some animal from AO to Civ3 lately, besides others also a Sea Lion. I've looked into my AO files a bit and think I could do the same for Civ4 if there is interest.

FOR ALL THOSE WHO NEED HEADS OF UNITS AND HAVE NO BLENDER SKILLS:

Try this link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=168959

I usually can't use them in nifskope the normal way (it appears to be a different file version), so import them in NifViewer, save them, then open them in nifskope.

Thanks. That would be me :mischief:

Unfortunately it seems that the only head not there is the paratroopers :cry:

I'd like to see a sea lion resource too.
I am still interested. I have no knowledge on how to convert civ 3 models into civ 4 models; is it easy to do?
Okay, then I'll see what I can do. :)
You can't, Civ3 is 2D, the art there are at the end .gif files.
But you could take the source files, from which this unit was converted, that's it ;).
:agree: At the moment tom2050 is converting many of his units from a game called Atlantica Online, which can be downloaded and played free of charge.

Since this game also uses the nif and kf format, converting the units together with their animation is in principle fairly easy, they just have to be imported once to Blender and then exported again in the same format. The dds files have to be converted with a little tool thou, you can read more about this here.

Now, practically one can run into many problems. The models have normally a three to four times higher polycount than the normal Civ4 units have, and poly reduction can be a real pain. Also the animation can get flawed during the import-export procedure. This often happens with model bones that don't have something like "BIP" or "Bip01" in their names. For example, during the convertion of the Werdandi model, I had some problems with the animation of her skirt and her extended hair, because those bones were names "Bone01", "Bone03", "Bone06" and so on. Her main body was practically no problem however, having bones named "Bip01 Spine", "Bip01 Head" and so on.

Hello all,

could somebody bind the V2 unit to the ICBM animation ?

I want to use it as an alternativ nuclear weapon.

Thanks.

Concerning alien units, yes I have seen some around the database, but none of them fulfill my requirements. See, my mod is based off an already-existing sci-fi world, and the aliens are living in a stone-age to mideval society, so the hi-tech ships won't do me much good.

A good first unit would be onee of the ones depicted HERE.

modern-type pirates. just a small boat w/ some guns. PM me when (if) it's done, i won't check this forum often. right now i'm using a frigate (modern type), which is complete overkill.

What do you think about this one?

By the way, is there anyone working on Voyhkah's cannon (with horses)? I think it would be an interesting unit, I would like to use it, too.

I might try my horse cannon, actually. I'm starting to learn unit design. I'd think it would really just be putting the horse and the canon together, making a few modifications, and somehow synchronizing the animations. Synchronizing the animations would be the hardest part.

I am starting a cold war scenario/mod, and i have a quite large request for some 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, modern, and possibly near-future units. PM me if you're interested.

hello 14koder,

there is already a lot of units you can probably use for your mod. Some are in the database, other are in mods. I stored quite a few on my HDD so if you are looking for a specific unit and don't know where to find it you can ask me. If I have it I will send it to you.

If it can help you I have reskinned the camo of the F5 and the Tornado to use them respectively as Mirage F1 and Sepecat Jaguar. Just ask if you want them.

Hulfgar

I want somebody to make a steampunk Muffler that looks like this:

I would be awesome if somebody put this in the game!

Is it posible to implement the catamaran from Civ 5 to Civ 4?

Most likely, yes. I don't know what image format CiV uses, but it's probably openable in blender. You'd probably have to simplify it a bit to use in Civ IV, though.

Its a nice unit, if someone will do it, I think I will use it, too. But I am not skilled in blender and so can not to it, sorry.

Hello,

I have been working on a new Civ for quite some time now, and it is getting close to being finished. I have a post on this here if you want to know more:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10291519#post10291519

I have used many units from this site and re-skinned them to make the Pictish units, which has worked really well. However, there are a few units that would look awesome if they could be made, and would fit much better than the units I currently have. My intention is to make a very detailed and artistically fun Civ that all can enjoy playing with or against, bringing the Pictish celtic-like nation to life in the game.

I think these should be some interesting Units, if someone is interested in helping out and putting them together. Although I have some 3D skills and am a graphic artist by trade, I work on a Mac, which is not too freindly to nifskope and blender.

Please have a look at these ideas and if you are interested, or think you can help, please post a reply here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10291519#post10291519

Thanks!! :)

Requested Unit - Pict Spear Warrior - Concept

Ok, so this unit may cause a stir as its a naked unit... we shall see.

Many early Picts were reported to ambush enemys and surprise them even more by charging into battle naked except for weaponry and blue woad paint. It wasn't because the Picts walked around naked, far from it, it's freezing in Scotland, so the theory is that it was part of a double ended ritual, to show bravery and hardiness, as well as a psychological tactic in their guerilla warfare strategies. The blue woad patterns and their tattooed skin would have looked fearsome, and also worked in the same concept as today's camoflage, by breaking up the pattern of the human figure.

I thought it would be fun to have a couple of early units like this, including the Pict Spear Warrior (Archer) and the Pict Axemen. Later units will wear kilts and eventually trousers. The unit will not be explicit as when I skin the unit, there will be plenty of woad to break up the image of the human anatomy

I have attached the design concept and a few other pics to give an idea. I was hoping the unit could hold a small H-shield (a pictish weapon like shield) and a pictish hand axe in the shield hand. (also possibly a wolf headgear, maybe taken from the coyote unit?? If it looks good, otherwise not bothered - just an idea)

Some of the illustrations in the imageshack link show Picts with bigger shields, which is an innacuracy, as is the red hair which is said not to have come along till the viking invasions. Shields would have been, oval, small round buckler, small sqaure buckler, and the H shield. I will post some images of weapons and shields later. Some of the images are from medieval times, a little innaccurate, but gives an idea, and is interesting.

http://img859.imageshack.us/g/pictsp...orconcept.jpg/

Hope someone feels like taking this one on

Requested Unit - Pict Axeman - Concept

This naked unit has a small Pictish hand axe and a pictish square buckler shield that is hand held.

http://img855.imageshack.us/i/pictaxemanconcept.jpg/

Requested 2 Units - Pict Brave & Pict Champion - Concepts

The Pict Brave and Pict Champion can be created off the same model. The later will have armour and helmet, but other than that, will be exactly the same unit. The Champion is the upgrade of the Brave.

This is a dueal wielding 'two-sword' unit. There does not appear to be a two-sword unit anywhere on here, and I have looked very hard, so I guess this will be the first. I did create one 'Pict Brave' already, from a duel weilding axeman, but ideally I would like this unit to be a dual wielding swords master. Also, I am not happy with my current Pict Brave as he seems a bit hunched over like a hunchback.

I am not sure how possible this unit will be, due to animations and all, but I feel it would be an awesome unit, and not just for the Picts! If I had a PC, I would try and create this unit myself. Unfortuenately this is not possible for me on a Mac.

It may be possible to take the vanilla swordsman, and ambrox62's Brit Swordsman, and combine using the Brit swordsman's smaller sword, leg armour, shoulder armour and helmet and put on the vanilla swordsman base. But maybe that is too hard. Ideally, it would be nice to see a Pictish sword, but that may be asking way too much

http://img405.imageshack.us/g/pictbrave.jpg/

ah I would love to see the axeman so that I can finaly replace the standard axeman art for the pictish Druid in Jamie's Rome Mod

Top Bottom