Unit requests thread

Thanks. :)

I've worked most of your suggestions into the new unit, only the boxy part would take up too much work I think, so I left it out. Hope you like the new version. :)

Hey SaibotLeah,

This is looking GREAT!! :goodjob:

Your Scabbards on the back of the Swordsmaster really are awesome!!! And it works so well going from empty hands to drawing his blades!! Very pleased with them, they look great skinned, and brilliant in animation!! :goodjob: Excellent Job.

Hmmm, my Gladius idea didn't work too well, although the size is right, the gladius model and shape makes them look like little toy pole sticks rather than swords lol. :lol: However, when I had a look at your scabbards in the nif file, I was surprised to see that, without realising it, you created the perfect Pictish sword!!!:clap:

I wonder if it would be possible to use the scabbards you created with the Gladius handle as his swords too? using a differnt texture on the .dds, I could then use a sword texture for the sword, and a scabbard texture for the scabbards?? What do you think?

The shoulder glitch is still there. Not sure what that is... the texture from the chest ends up showing on the shoulder armour... Made some illustrations to show you. It got me thinking that I may be able to graphic the shoulder on the skin, rather than on a seperate armour... it might look better as you will see more of his chest that is currently hidden by armour.

Also, I noticed that the unit seems less sharp than before. I tested out with a few different textures, but the unit still seems a little less sharp, discoloured, and from a distance, a little blurry. Was there a change in the lighting file when the Gladius was added?

Thanks again for your work on this SaibotLeah. It's looking great and evolving into a vey interesting unit!!! Cheers! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Swordsmaster V2.jpg
    Swordsmaster V2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Pictish Sword.png
    Pictish Sword.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 195
  • shoulder armour glitch 2.png
    shoulder armour glitch 2.png
    87 KB · Views: 92
  • Swordsmaster V2 glitch.jpg
    Swordsmaster V2 glitch.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 104
  • blurry swordsmaster.png
    blurry swordsmaster.png
    277.6 KB · Views: 112
  • lighting1.png
    lighting1.png
    325 KB · Views: 82
I decided to make the blackhawk myself.(I was crazy impatient:)) I'm not that good but I think it looks right. I'm using Milkshape and I can't seem to convert it to NIF. Any references to tools or plugins? Here's a pic.;)
Spoiler :

Hey SaibotLeah,

This is looking GREAT!! :goodjob:

Your Scabbards on the back of the Swordsmaster really are awesome!!! And it works so well going from empty hands to drawing his blades!! Very pleased with them, they look great skinned, and brilliant in animation!! :goodjob: Excellent Job.
Again, glad you like it. :) In fact the animation was a bit easier to realize than I thought at first, because I could just reuse the visibility information from the bow and the knifes of the original archer. :whew:
Hmmm, my Gladius idea didn't work too well, although the size is right, the gladius model and shape makes them look like little toy pole sticks rather than swords lol. :lol: However, when I had a look at your scabbards in the nif file, I was surprised to see that, without realising it, you created the perfect Pictish sword!!!:clap:

I wonder if it would be possible to use the scabbards you created with the Gladius handle as his swords too? using a differnt texture on the .dds, I could then use a sword texture for the sword, and a scabbard texture for the scabbards?? What do you think?
No problem, I've done so. I've arranged the texture UV of the new sword so that it uses the same as the old sword.
The shoulder glitch is still there. Not sure what that is... the texture from the chest ends up showing on the shoulder armour... Made some illustrations to show you. It got me thinking that I may be able to graphic the shoulder on the skin, rather than on a seperate armour... it might look better as you will see more of his chest that is currently hidden by armour.
Ah, that one was in fact easy to fix, I just forgot to move the UV of the armor to the new place. :lol: I've fixed that for the new version.
Also, I noticed that the unit seems less sharp than before. I tested out with a few different textures, but the unit still seems a little less sharp, discoloured, and from a distance, a little blurry. Was there a change in the lighting file when the Gladius was added?
Hm, I'm rather puzzled about this one, I didn't change anything else than what I already mentioned. Maybe it has some effect that the gloss texture for the gladius is brighter than the one for the old sword. :confused: You could try changing the celticwarrior_128_gloss.dds a bit, maybe you'll see some more/less blur effect.
Thanks again for your work on this SaibotLeah. It's looking great and evolving into a vey interesting unit!!! Cheers! :thumbsup:
You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• two_swords_warriorV3.zip
    63.6 KB · Views: 70
Hm, I'm rather puzzled about this one, I didn't change anything else than what I already mentioned. Maybe it has some effect that the gloss texture for the gladius is brighter than the one for the old sword. :confused: You could try changing the celticwarrior_128_gloss.dds a bit, maybe you'll see some more/less blur effect.

I finally figured out what the blur thing was. As I migrated to a new computer, all the settings from my dead computer are gone, thus the program I use for the .dds files had reset to 'minimaps on', which causes the blur. So puzzle and problem fixed :clap:

The swords now look great!! :goodjob: just playing with textures now!!

Looking at the shoulder armour, I think from the back it looks great, but from the front it covers up too much of the body and looks too bulky for this unit, as though the armour comes too low. Not sure how easy it would be to fix. If it is easy, would it be possible to trim back or rescale the armour, via the illustration below? If its complicated don't worry about it, not worth too much time!

Either way, would it be possible to do a version without the shoulder armour?

Thanks!! :)

Attachments

• blur fixed.png
    blur fixed.png
    371.5 KB · Views: 110
  • armour cut back.png
    armour cut back.png
    245.4 KB · Views: 135
I finally figured out what the blur thing was. As I migrated to a new computer, all the settings from my dead computer are gone, thus the program I use for the .dds files had reset to 'minimaps on', which causes the blur. So puzzle and problem fixed :clap:

The swords now look great!! :goodjob: just playing with textures now!!
Good to hear. :goodjob:
Looking at the shoulder armour, I think from the back it looks great, but from the front it covers up too much of the body and looks too bulky for this unit, as though the armour comes too low. Not sure how easy it would be to fix. If it is easy, would it be possible to trim back or rescale the armour, via the illustration below? If its complicated don't worry about it, not worth too much time!

Either way, would it be possible to do a version without the shoulder armour?

Thanks!! :)
I trimmed the armor a bit in the front, I hope now it looks more like you want it. I also have added a version without the armor. Have fun. :)

Attachments

• two_swords_warriorV4.zip
    118.8 KB · Views: 63
Somebody should add this unit to the game:

This guy could be Jamaica's super unique unit. It would be really powerful, and Jamaica can only have one on the map at one time.

Marijuana/hemp will be required to build him, and Rastafari must be in the city in order to build him.

What do you think, guys?

I'm interested in building a Stargate mod, so if there's anyone out there who would be willing to make some models of Stargate characters or even ships (from the 80s movie, SG-1 and Atlantis), I would love that. I'm looking for more generic soldier type units, like Jaffa warriors, Ori priors or puddle jumpers.

Somebody should add this unit to the game:

This guy could be Jamaica's super unique unit. It would be really powerful, and Jamaica can only have one on the map at one time.

Marijuana/hemp will be required to build him, and Rastafari must be in the city in order to build him.

What do you think, guys?

I don't understand why that statuette was made. :confused:

EDIT: Well, that isn't true...

I'm sure someones said this, but could someone re-arm the samurai model so he carries a spear.
It would be much appreciated!
Check the Civ IV Database: there is a yari-armed samurai (among others).

I thought I would re-request the assassin a little more informativly... I spent my day drawing a lovely drawing for anybody who will take this up...
Spoiler :

So, on the left is more detial on weaponry and clothing... the red on the cape should be team colour and not actually red.... The two gaint splodges of skin colour are obviously the skin colours I want it in :D the black image in the far right is showing how the long sword should be positioned on the body and the larger of the two pictures shows the front: the purple blob is just there to point out the end of the long sword and the brown and grey on it's left side (actually from it's point of view, it's right hand) is the throwing knife's position (there should be two or three just positioned right next to each other along the belt). The hood should cover half the face as shown and those black arm gaurds are actually metal painted black so should be made shiny :D. Now onto the smaller image which is him from the back (now the right of the image is HIS right hand side, obviously. Just think about looking at yourself in the mirror in relation to the position of your right and left hands :p) There is the cape and behind it you can see the short sword (strapped to back) and the throwing knives are on the right side of the image. once again the purple dot is there. for the feet (which I can't draw to save my life) use boots or something :)

Animation... Well... THis guy will be doing assassinations so all of his weapons should be used somewhere... maybe the short sword should be drawn on fortification 1 and long sword on the second type of fortification (known as MDFortifyA and FortifyB) and his Attack (which will be his mission animation) should contain throwing knives for one and shortsword for the other :D Could run stealthly (like crouched)...

Hope somebody ca do this! (Please!)

Thanks,
Jamie

Attachments

• Assassin.jpg
    Assassin.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 277
Did anyone ever make a B-36 Peacemaker for Civ IV? Just scale up the wings of the B-29 Stratofortress and the fuselage and add another set of engines per wing- so that there is three per wing.
Healz.

I'm hoping someone out there could help me streamline a few missionaries I have made for extra religions (Aesir, Anunnaki, Voodoo, Shamanism, and a Druid). For the most part it is simple teamcoloring, which I'm sure I can learn but I'm trying to finish a mod and six LHs at once, so not only would this save me a lot of time but you'd be helping me finish other projects too (in a roundabout way that is).

The only serious issue involved with these units is that the Shamanistic missionary I created causes a CTD when it comes into the game so I was hoping someone could look at it and see what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated. :goodjob:

EDIT: Instructions are included in the zip.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I forgot to tell you which ones were the "final" units. The Aesir is the Missionary_General.nif file, the Anunnaki is the greatprophet_fx.nif file, the Druid is the greaprophet.nif file, the Shaman is the missionary_general.nif file, the Voodoo is the greatprophet_fx.nif file. Thanks in advance to anybody who helps me.

Attachments

• MissionaryHelp.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
....and for the Turk. Here is your unit, I haven't tested it in-game yet but I'm pretty sure it should work. All I did was add a cross to the Relic unit. Use the Relic_FX.nif file only (so, in the XML you shouldn't use the Relic.nif file at all). I hope it works for you. Here is an image of it in case anybody else finds a use for it. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Charlemagne_Relic.rar
    308.5 KB · Views: 63
  • CrusadeThing.jpg
    CrusadeThing.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 123
....and for the Turk. Here is your unit, I haven't tested it in-game yet but I'm pretty sure it should work. All I did was add a cross to the Relic unit. Use the Relic_FX.nif file only (so, in the XML you shouldn't use the Relic.nif file at all). I hope it works for you. Here is an image of it in case anybody else finds a use for it. :goodjob:

LOL~ I read your message before finding this, you can ignore that :p

That looks awesome The Capo! Thanks a lot! :worship:
Albiet I've never added a unit into a mod before, but this will be a great start to that though ;)

I'm hoping someone out there could help me streamline a few missionaries I have made for extra religions (Aesir, Anunnaki, Voodoo, Shamanism, and a Druid). For the most part it is simple teamcoloring, which I'm sure I can learn but I'm trying to finish a mod and six LHs at once, so not only would this save me a lot of time but you'd be helping me finish other projects too (in a roundabout way that is).

The only serious issue involved with these units is that the Shamanistic missionary I created causes a CTD when it comes into the game so I was hoping someone could look at it and see what I did wrong. Any help would be appreciated. :goodjob:

EDIT: Instructions are included in the zip.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I forgot to tell you which ones were the "final" units. The Aesir is the Missionary_General.nif file, the Anunnaki is the greatprophet_fx.nif file, the Druid is the greaprophet.nif file, the Shaman is the missionary_general.nif file, the Voodoo is the greatprophet_fx.nif file. Thanks in advance to anybody who helps me.
The problem with the Shaman is that it is shadered, but has no NiSkinInstance. That this property is missing is of course an even greater problem, since this means that the model isn't rigged to the skeleton. So, you'll have to go back to your Blender file for this one and rig it properly to the bone structure first.

The problem with the staff is that it is missing the NiTexturingProperty. But just copying that property to it in NifSkope won't do because it seems like you lost the UV (how the texture should be applied to the model) during the export from Blender. Again, you'll have to go back to the Blender file and have to follow what's written in the second post of C.Roland's tutorial (that one with all the confusing red arrows :D). I think that should solve the problem.

I took care of the teamcoloring of the other missionaries, and while I was at it I also merged some of the textured, cleaned up the nif files a bit and made a noshader and a shader version of each unit (must have too much free time at the moment as it seems :mischief:).

I hope they work correctly for you, great units by the way. :goodjob:

Attachments

• MissionaryFixes.zip
    312.1 KB · Views: 62
Hi The_Capo,

I hope this picture helps. Some suggestions:
a) Perhaps make the cross a bit smaller
b) Remove the smaller cross from behind the bigger one. There is a small gold cross attached to the relic from before
c) Add three red "rubies" to the three ends of the Cross. In the second picture I provided, they are just "Black" dot markers, but if you could make them red, I think that would add more flavor to the units.
d) And lastly, again this is up to you but if you could make the priest relic carrier, a monk in black robes (as shown by the Civ3 picture, but minus the blue cross and perhaps a white satchel rather then a blue one), that would be great too, as it would diversify the unit away from the relic.

Also I realized that the icon is exactly the same as the relic's icon, do you know how to add a brown "cross" to the relic's button image, so that you can differentiate the two.

Thanks once again! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Re-eddited Cross.JPG
    Re-eddited Cross.JPG
    329.9 KB · Views: 74
  • BenedictineLARGE.jpg
    BenedictineLARGE.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 51
The smaller cross is supposed to have been removed, I'll take a look at it again.

All of the other stuff is texturing, which I assumed you would be doing. Guess not though, gimme a couple of days.

Top Bottom