Unit requests thread

Hi tangjinfeng, welcome to civfans~!!

:banana::band::banana:

Moar Khmer, sounds great! I might be able to help you :) I can probably at least get you some headgear. What game are those pics from?
Hello, tantanmen, it's from Mount & Blade's mod Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth. Actually there are some models in this mod that can be exported, but I don't know how to convert to nifskope.:lol:

Hey guys. I have some pictures and a book of the ancient Thai army
Screenshot_20220828_071219.jpg

Early Thai archer(Nan Chao,AD649-902) and swordsman(Chiang Saen,13th century), they looked no different,whose hairstyles is bunches of hair(look like han people), may have been popular from pre-Sukhothai to the early Ayutthaya dynasty, in the Thai film “The Legend of Suriyothai”, Lord Pirenthorathep was also in this hairstyle when he was younger. In fact,members of Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth also told us on Facebook that the film references a lot of Khmer Angkor murals.:)
military uniform Sukhothai period.jpg

Battle dress of soldiers during the Sukhothai Period, from 1238 to 1448 AD.

military uniform Ayutthaya period.jpg

SwordMilitia.jpg

CityMilitia.jpg
militia.jpg

Infantry of the Ayutaya period, because of the hot weather they were mostly naked or wore only a short-sleeved garment, and only a few wore leather armor (cloud shoulders).
AYUTTHAYACAPTAIN.jpg

The Thai officer, as you can see, also has only a more elaborate uniform, which protects the chest, waist and joints with only leather.
f6d98d2ec1b578252db6ada04a086ce6.jpg

This restored image shows Thai soldiers wearing Japanese-like armor (called "dou" in Japan?). Unfortunately I only found this one with a physical reference.
294685_179763755430334_100001901329175_446359_3153865_n.jpg

Foreign mercenaries, they look like Muslims

Attachments

• Wiwattanakarn sastrawut thai.pdf
    18.1 MB · Views: 15
Is there anywhere one of this heavy sowjet missile trucks?
Or can anyone do such a modell?

I once toyed with the idea of making such a unit. The issue is what to animate it with. One would have to create custom rocket launch animations for the attack which is not impossible.

I first have understood wrong and read "which is impossible". I think, adding a missile launch animation will be not that difficult, as I rememper, the "2k12"-modell also has a modified mobile_sam animation which is firing a missile. Maybe this animation already can do?

All I am saying is that I can't make any promises. Especially in making sure that the missile actually flies and hits the target as expected. Again, not impossible though.
It is a project I'd be interested in taking on assuming you don't need it done in a reasonable timeframe.

Is there anywhere one of this heavy sowjet missile trucks?
Theoretically, it already exists - in Red Force and Maxim Riga mod (author). Practically, the model is HIGHLY simplified and without animation.

Last edited:
Which file do I have to download for this?
RI has the S-300, which is quite similar. I rigged it to Mobile SAM animation (which it, after all, is). I can do the same with Topol-M from the same mod I got this one, if you need exactly what you posted.
if you could do it with Topol M, it would be great - the S-300 is also okay, but has too less wheels.
All I am saying is that I can't make any promises. Especially in making sure that the missile actually flies and hits the target as expected. Again, not impossible though.
It is a project I'd be interested in taking on assuming you don't need it done in a reasonable timeframe.
Thank you for this. At the moment, I am checking the other possibilities and come back to you then.

OK, so here's the S300 rigged to mobile SAM anims and the converted non-animated Topol-M. If you want to rig it to mobile SAM, just use S300 as a template, but I'm not sure if that's the best animation for Topol-M (TBH I don't know which one is). For attribution purposes, both are converted from The End of Days mod for C&C Generals.

Attachments

• S300.7z
    98.8 KB · Views: 14
  • topolM.7z
    129.9 KB · Views: 12
For attribution purposes, both are converted from The End of Days mod for C&C Generals.
Ahh, TEOD, like the original Rise of the Reds before they decided to become RA3.5. :p

I think I asked for it some while ago, but I repeat it:
I am looking for a bus graphic, in green or brown (for military transport) and in normal colours (for public transportation building).
It is not really important for me, but if someone has a suitable modell, or wan't do do something, I would appreciate this.

Has anyone ever made (of wants to make) this vehicle?

Panzerwerfer 42, a WWII german early missile tank or armored missile launcher.

I also would be interested in a unit like this:
CEASAR (french artillery truck)

or Archer

Recently a use a truck artillery, but this is not perfect, as it has a too small gun and is mounted on a truck with a container.

Top Bottom