Unit requests thread

i saved the pic and will give it a go.......

Bernie I have found another Pic of the Mongols For a the Requested UU-Knight Unit.
The Two on the Left w/ Lances

Attachments

• Mongols.JPG
    Mongols.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 125
you wanted mongols? this is a work in progress of the upcoming mongol horde!

you wanted mongols? this is a work in progress of the upcoming mongol horde!

Looks like a Great Golden Horde Bernie, I love ‘em... :goodjob:
But I was looking for a knight unit for the Mongols, in the pics I found & posted for ya so that you could make one for the Mongols. In the pics I pointed to the Mongrels that looked like Cataphracts. I thought this would make for more Mongol flavored knight unit to upgrade Keshiks too.
Though I was intending to ask for more accurate Keshik than Firaxis model.
Historically the Mongols Keshik was a light Calvary unit that were masters of the Hun bow, however they also carried lances and axes or scimitars, for charges and melee work when necessary.
So what I was going to eventually ask for was a Keshik animations, based on the Keshiks using bow ranged attack in the beginning and if the opposing unit was archer or gun powder type unit the Keshik would stay in ranged combat mode if it was a melee unit then it would be Ranged attack then break out or switch to the lance animation, like the Archery units do.
What ya think Bernie...is it possible to do this with your Horde?

you know i went and looked at it, and it seems to be a textural removal.

Chuggy whenever your ready, cut off the spy's glasses and backpack!

I've already removed them in that tutorial :D but I tested it in game, and it seems the explosives are showing all the time (instead of just when she's destroying an improvement) :hmm: I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow night before I attach it here.

It would be awsome if you could make a skin that has a marine riding a tank or mechanical infantry!:goodjob:

While I can texture, I cannot model. So, could someone do me up a stick figure with an M16 using marine animations?

Looks like a Great Golden Horde Bernie, I love ‘em... :goodjob:
But I was looking for a knight unit for the Mongols, in the pics I found & posted for ya so that you could make one for the Mongols. In the pics I pointed to the Mongrels that looked like Cataphracts. I thought this would make for more Mongol flavored knight unit to upgrade Keshiks too.
Though I was intending to ask for more accurate Keshik than Firaxis model.
Historically the Mongols Keshik was a light Calvary unit that were masters of the Hun bow, however they also carried lances and axes or scimitars, for charges and melee work when necessary.
So what I was going to eventually ask for was a Keshik animations, based on the Keshiks using bow ranged attack in the beginning and if the opposing unit was archer or gun powder type unit the Keshik would stay in ranged combat mode if it was a melee unit then it would be Ranged attack then break out or switch to the lance animation, like the Archery units do.
What ya think Bernie...is it possible to do this with your Horde?

yes and no... i am planing on doing several units the teaser above was just a horse archer, but I plan to make a more heavily armoured, cataphract type mounted mongol, with spear!, and armooured horse. unfortunately, i am not much of an animator, so the animations will be pretty much be horse archer for the the one carrying the bow and keshik animations for the one carrying the spear.........

Got it to work. Spy model requested with no glasses and no backpack - supports team colour. For the Nif, and the NifShader, make them both point to spy_nopack_fx.nif in the XML unit art file.

Attached :

Attachments

• Spy (nopack).zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 70
What a man, we'll be cooking on gas soon I think.

Could someone make a battering ram for an ancient siege weapon? It sucks waiting until you get to the classical period, to use catapults as the first siege weapon, not to mention irrealistic...

Hey I was wondering if anyone can ake Avatar: The Last Airbender-based units for my mod I am crating. I need a little help...

Hey Bernie... any updates?:cool:

I was wondering whether anyone could make a flame-thrower? I will post pictures of a WW1 flame-thrower at some stage as well as WW2, Vietnam and Modern for unit-makers to look at as this is a crucial unit that could have a benefit against fortified units in an attack. This unit really is missing in the current Civilization IV offer. Also a napalm bomber of Vietnam, Korean War vintage would be good. Could be based off the P-51 Mustang, the Seafury or the P-47 Thunderbolt, the F4U Corsair would also be good in USAF markings.

what about a modern cavalry unit... consisting of an ATV with 2 .50 cal mg's, and 2 Moto-X bikes with 2 .30 cal mgs. it should require oil and aluminum, and tech requirement of composites. strength would be 25. and could gain every upgrade that a normal cavalry could.
pik of what the atv could look like.

the mg's could be placed on the front atop the rack.

and what the bike might look like

the mg's for this one could be place next to the front fender, attached to the forks.

it wouls be nice if someone made this, thank you.

someone doesnt have to make it though, so long as i can get off my lazy a** and learn to do it myself... or if someonw would like to tutor me.

hehe ok :)
i'll see what i can do with stryker :)

Top Bottom