Unoffical Civ VI poll. Vote for your 3 civs you would most like to see. Part XI : Modern Nations

[Please read the description before voting] Which 3 civlizations would you like to see in game ?

• Argentina

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • Bahrein

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • the Boers

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • Canada

Votes: 39 41.1%
  • Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cuba

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Gran Colombia

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Haiti

Votes: 17 17.9%
  • Mexico

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nigeria

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Paraguay

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Peru

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Uruguay

• Venezuela

• None - USA, Brazil and Australia shoud not be here in the first place !

• Other

• Total voters
Okay, I'll justify my votes:

1. Argentina: it would make an interesting cultural civ. They are/were rivals of Brazil in the regional scope, they already participated of important wars in the continent (Paraguayan War), and international wars (Falklands War). They have already been one of the ten largest economies in the world. They have a very unique and well-known culture. And there is a niche to be occupied by an former Spanish colony, and I think Argentina is the best choice.

2. Canada: if Australia is in, this one deserves a place too. It is a great country that has always been requisitioned to be a civ. They could add a French leader to differentiate Canada from the other former British colonies.

3. Mexico: I know the Aztecs cover their space, but I still think Mexico makes more sense than the other former colonies below. After all, they are the third most populous nation in the Americas

-

4. Nigeria: I agree with those who say that Nigeria needs to be represented in the game, after all, it is the most populous country in Africa and this can't be overlooked, but I would prefer to have them as Kingdom of Benin rather than the modern state .

5. Gran Colombia: I think the love with this is more for Simon Bolivar than for the nation itself. I would not complain if they were included, but I think there are far better options to fill the niche of former Spanish colony. It lasted only 10 years, but It could be called Colombia, though.

6. South Africa: I would only like to have them in the game if they were led by Nelson Mandela, but I think it somewhat improbable, is a fairly recent leader. And I think their space is already filled by the Zulus.

7. New Zealand, Cuba, Haiti, Pakistan, Venezuela..: I have no interest in seeing them as civs. The islands of New Zealand can be occupied by the Maori. The Caribbean can be represented by an indigenous nation like Taíno. Cuba can be represented by the city-state of Havana. I would not complain about having them in the game if we had at least 80 civs in total.

Modern leader ideas
Eva Peron of Argentina
Paul Kruger of the Boers
John A. Macdonald of Canada
Juan Rafael Mora of Costa Rica
Jose Marti of Cuba
Simon Bolivar of Gran Colombia
Toussaint Louverture of Haiti
Benito Juarez of Mexico
Michael Joseph Savage of New Zealand
Obafemi Awolowo of Nigeria
Muhammad Ali Jinnah or Benazir Bhutto of Pakistan
Francisco Solano Lopez of Paraguay
Ramon Castilla of Peru
Nelson Mandela of South Africa
Jose Batlle y Ordonez of Uruguay
Francisco de Miranda of Venezuela

No Eva Peron please. She was barely a leader (First Lady, ala Ivanka Trump) and mostly known because of her beauty, not her governance. Maybe if her bid to become Vice-President had been successful she could be considered more a national leader. But Eva Peron as a Civ leader makes about as much sense as having First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt leading America.

As far as modern nations, we don't need Mexico when we already have representation from there. I would suggest Colombia or Gran Colombia led by Bolivar if we really must have yet another postcolonial civ.

Though frankly we are rather more in need of postcolonial African nations than postcolonial Western/American/European ones in Civ VI given the presence of America, Australia and Brazil.

No Eva Peron please. She was barely a leader (First Lady, ala Ivanka Trump) and mostly known because of her beauty, not her governance. Maybe if her bid to become Vice-President had been successful she could be considered more a national leader. But Eva Peron as a Civ leader makes about as much sense as having First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt leading America.
As much as I don't like non-leaders being used as leaders in Civ, I do have to say that Eva Peron is the exception. She was not only First Lady, but also ran the ministries of labour and health and was declared the "Spiritual Leader of the Nation". She barely qualifies as leader, but I think she's a good option.

As far as the poll goes, I've only voted for Argentina.

She essentially ran charities and was involved with health and women's work like many First Ladies. Running the ministries of labor and health makes you a governor like Liang the Surveyor, not a leader of armies like Alexander, Tomyris, or heck, even Jadwiga.

We do agree she was a non-leader at least. Not everyone arguing for Eva Peron as a Civ leader does. And while I'm at it, I note that there's even been opposition to Bolivar as a leader here. So Eva Peron is definitely worth opposition from those who don't even think Bolivar should be a Civ leader.

She essentially ran charities and was involved with health and women's work like many First Ladies. Running the ministries of labor and health makes you a governor like Liang the Surveyor, not a leader of armies like Alexander, Tomyris, or heck, even Jadwiga.

We do agree she was a non-leader at least. Not everyone arguing for Eva Peron as a Civ leader does. And while I'm at it, I note that there's even been opposition to Bolivar as a leader here. So Eva Peron is definitely worth opposition from those who don't even think Bolivar should be a Civ leader.

Eva Peron is the only non-leader I would accept in Civ. I guess there was something extra to her than other non-leaders. As for Bolivar, he is a great leader with a poor civ choice. Like Tamerlane or Charlemagne.

As for Bolivar, he is a great leader with a poor civ choice. Like Tamerlane or Charlemagne.

Personally, I think Bolivar is more like Alexander.

Charlemagne is a really interesting leader, but he led a people that don't really fit well at all into the game of Civilization. He's a historically important leader, but not necessarily more important than many of the other leaders in the game. Timur is similar: important person, leading a people too awkward to fit into the game.

Alexander, on the other hand, was incredibly important- the only issue with him is that it's hard to find a people to properly represent his rule. Not fully Greek, not truly Persian, so since he deserves inclusion, a specific civ can and ought be carved out to fit him. In this case, Macedon. Bolivar, in my opinion, is more similar to Alexander than Charlemagne or Timur. Bolivar could lead any number of civilizations: Colombian, Venezuelan, Bolivian... however, he doesn't fit well into just one of these civilizations. None of them fully and truly are representative of his rule. Bolivar, as I see it, is of enough importance to be given a civ to fit him and his rule personally: Gran Colombia.

Eva Peron is the only non-leader I would accept in Civ. I guess there was something extra to her than other non-leaders. As for Bolivar, he is a great leader with a poor civ choice. Like Tamerlane or Charlemagne.
The problem is we have plenty on non-leader leaders in Civ VI as is--Gandhi, and some would say Gorgo and even Jadwiga and Catherine de Medici count. Adding another female non-leader would just invite more hatred. Even if not all of us necessarily mind (honestly I would only mind if Eva was added, I have no problems with the others ingame other than Gandhi). I would rather we had actual leaders from now on. There are many worthy female leader and Civ choices in Africa and America to choose from, like Lady Six Sky of the Maya, Idia of Benin, Dihya of the Berbers, etc.

I don't think Colombia or Gran Colombia is as poor a Civ choice as the Timurid Empire, and honestly Gran Colombia and the Holy Roman Empire is as good a Civ choice as several ingame now, like Pericles' Greeks or Tomyris' Scythia or Saladin's Arabia. None of those were united civilizations in the way they are portrayed ingame. The Gran Colombia and Holy Roman Empire were at least concrete political entities.

I don't think Colombia or Gran Colombia is as poor a Civ choice as the Timurid Empire, and honestly Gran Colombia and the Holy Roman Empire is as good a Civ choice as several ingame now, like Pericles' Greeks or Tomyris' Scythia or Saladin's Arabia. None of those were united civilizations in the way they are portrayed ingame. The Gran Colombia and Holy Roman Empire were at least concrete political entities.

And here is where I have to disagree completely. A civilization should represent a nation, not necessarily a political entity. The Holy Romans and the Gran Colombians are not nations (the Holy Roman Empire was just a political entity, while Gran Colombia was too short-lived), so was the Timurid Empire. This is also why I think the Ottoman Empire should be called Turkey and why it is OK to have blob civs to a certain extent (Greece - yes, Polynesia or the Celts - no).

And here is where I have to disagree completely. A civilization should represent a nation, not necessarily a political entity. The Holy Romans and the Gran Colombians are not nations (the Holy Roman Empire was just a political entity, while Gran Colombia was too short-lived), so was the Timurid Empire. This is also why I think the Ottoman Empire should be called Turkey and why it is OK to have blob civs to a certain extent (Greece - yes, Polynesia or the Celts - no).
Your suggestion that each civ should be based around a nation nullifies most civiliations from ancient and medieval times from entering into Civilization, including and in particular the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire, the Persian Empire, the Mongolians Empire, the Egyptian Empire, the Carthaginians, and the (never-ever-unified except under a Macedonian named Alexander) the Greek citystates.

Your suggestion that each civ should be based around a nation nullifies most civiliations from ancient and medieval times from entering into Civilization, including and in particular the Roman Empire, the Byzantine Empire, the Persian Empire, the Mongolians Empire, the Egyptian Empire, the Carthaginians, and the (never-ever-unified except under a Macedonian named Alexander) the Greek citystates.

It does not because a civ should be a combination of both - a nation that also had a political entity, or entities. A civilization is about a common background, culture and history. The Roman civilization is about the Roman people, the Mongol civilization is about the Mongol people, and so on. Who are the Holy Roman people exactly? Or the Gran Colombian people? Or the Timurid people?
You can argue that instead of Gran Colombia you could have just Colombia or Venezuela as civilizations in the game, but the question is: are they important enough to get a spot in the game? Especially when the region they are from has a native civilization option in the Muisca. For me it would be like having the Mexicans in the game instead of the Aztecs. Or Peru instead of the Inca.

Not a single one.

It does not because a civ should be a combination of both - a nation that also had a political entity, or entities. A civilization is about a common background, culture and history. The Roman civilization is about the Roman people, the Mongol civilization is about the Mongol people, and so on. Who are the Holy Roman people exactly? Or the Gran Colombian people? Or the Timurid people?
You can argue that instead of Gran Colombia you could have just Colombia or Venezuela as civilizations in the game, but the question is: are they important enough to get a spot in the game? Especially when the region they are from has a native civilization option in the Muisca. For me it would be like having the Mexicans in the game instead of the Aztecs. Or Peru instead of the Inca.
That doesn't work because the Mongolian and Ottoman empire weren't based on the Mongolians or Turks alone, weren't confined to Mongolian or Turkish territory, had numerous soldiers of different ethnic backgrounds (heck, Janissaries were all non-Turkic). Mongols and Ottomans were famous for hiring high-level officials and generals of non-Mongolian/Turkish origin, both ethnically and nationally speaking. Gran Colombia, like these and other entities like Celts, Romans and other, necessarily combined multiple ethnicities, multiple territories in what are now separate nations, etc. The Timurid people of Tamerlane's time were about as well defined as the "Arabians" of Saladin's Egyptian/Levantine/Arabian Empire, which employed Sudanese, Armenians and many other "non-Arabic" people.

Your concept of civs revolving around nations also doesn't work from a historical perspective--the Aztecs were not "Mexico" as we know them, and creating a blob "Mexico" Civ with a modern Mexican leader and an Aztec unique unit makes about as much sense as a Roman civ with a Venetian galley as its unique unit.

And what of worthy civs like the Goths? Are they to be excluded from Civ entirely simply because they don't nearly fit into "Germany"? Why not just have "Goths" as a civ? Sure, it's somewhat "blob" like (though I'll point out no more bloblike than your suggestion of a "Greek" civlilization). But having a Goth civ, for example, separate from nationhood, it doesn't run into weird ahistoricity that comes from trying to pigeonhole ancient people with no concept of nationhood into modern nations which are very, very different culturally, ethnically, etc.

So yeah, don't think basing civilizations on nations or even "peoples" (whatever they that refers to in this context--political? Religious? Ethnic?) works.

Not a single one.
I would tend to agree except in being annoyed that Australia made it in, I now want Gran Colombia as a mollifier. :p

Last edited:
There is obviously no objective definition of what is or isn’t a worthy civ. Firaxis hardly has solid criteria, so how can we? :p

I think the problem with Gran Colombia is that there’s not really anything unifying the vast territory and the disparate groups of people within, beyond wanting independence from Spain. Hence it barely lasted ten years as a unified state before falling back into the distinct nations we know today.

As liberation from a colonial empire is not a mechanic that can be represented in the game, and that’s the one thing Bolívar and his ill-fated dream of Colombia can bring, it really isn’t a suitable addition.

That doesn't work because the Mongolian and Ottoman empire weren't based on the Mongolians or Turks alone, weren't confined to Mongolian or Turkish territory, had numerous soldiers of different ethnic backgrounds (heck, Janissaries were all non-Turkic). Mongols and Ottomans were famous for hiring high-level officials and generals of non-Mongolian/Turkish origin, both ethnically and nationally speaking. Gran Colombia, like these and other entities like Celts, Romans and other, necessarily combined multiple ethnicities, multiple territories in what are now separate nations, etc. The Timurid people of Tamerlane's time were about as well defined as the "Arabians" of Saladin's Egyptian/Levantine/Arabian Empire, which employed Sudanese, Armenians and many other "non-Arabic" people.

Your problem is that you look at the end result. The Mongol and Ottoman empires were Mongol and Turkish. Yes, they did comprise various nations and territories eventually, but initially they were just that - Mongols and Turks, who built an empire. This is the same with every nation that we can call "ethnic" (as opposed to the "non-ethnic" civs, like the Americans or Australians, who are nations nonetheless). This should not be ignored, of course, but a civ should revolve around a nation, not a political entity.

Your concept of civs revolving around nations also doesn't work from a historical perspective--the Aztecs were not "Mexico" as we know them, and creating a blob "Mexico" Civ with a modern Mexican leader and an Aztec unique unit makes about as much sense as a Roman civ with a Venetian galley as its unique unit.
This is absolutely not what I am saying. Because there is another concept - continuity. Mexico and the Aztec Empire are two different nations, so are Rome and Venice, so are Ancient and Modern Egypt, Greece, Israel, etc. Yes, they are basically the same people, but in these cases we are talking about "ancestors" and "heirs". This is why I don't like it when people suggest Islamic era leaders for Persia, or Arab leaders for Egypt, or modern Greek leaders for Ancient Greece.

And as Uberfrog said, there is no objective definition. Each civ example should be looked into separately.

This is the closest representation that I could make as a way they could get in the game.

Colombian Empire (Gran Colombia)

Leader: Simon Bolivar

Agenda: El Liberator- Dislikes civilizations that occupy other cities or city states from another continent. Likes civilizations that help liberate them.

LA: Admirable Campaign +25% Combat strength when attacking an occupied city. No warmongering penalties or loyalty penalties for keeping the city after.

UA: Revolutionary State- Pay less gold to unlock civic and government changes. Does not go into anarchy when switching governments.

UU: Lancero- Replaces Cavalry Stronger attacking fortified defenders on hills.

UI: Lancero School (Replaces Military Academy)- Units trained here earn more experience than regular military academies and require no strategic resources.

Your problem is that you look at the end result. The Mongol and Ottoman empires were Mongol and Turkish. Yes, they did comprise various nations and territories eventually, but initially they were just that - Mongols and Turks, who built an empire. This is the same with every nation that we can call "ethnic" (as opposed to the "non-ethnic" civs, like the Americans or Australians, who are nations nonetheless). This should not be ignored, of course, but a civ should revolve around a nation, not a political entity.

This is absolutely not what I am saying. Because there is another concept - continuity. Mexico and the Aztec Empire are two different nations, so are Rome and Venice, so are Ancient and Modern Egypt, Greece, Israel, etc. Yes, they are basically the same people, but in these cases we are talking about "ancestors" and "heirs". This is why I don't like it when people suggest Islamic era leaders for Persia, or Arab leaders for Egypt, or modern Greek leaders for Ancient Greece.

And as Uberfrog said, there is no objective definition. Each civ example should be looked into separately.
Mongols and Turks aren't represented in Civ based on their initial tribal beginnings, or the Aztecs represented as the wandering immigrants they began as--we know of all three of these entities through their empires, which spanned many peoples, cultures, and religions--it is what these peoples "eventually" became that Civilization concerns itself with. Mongolia in Genghis Khan's time bears little resemblance to Mongolia now. Same with Turks. And the concept of "nations" didn't exist back then, so trying to squeeze massive Empires into civs based around modern "nations" makes no sense. Modern Greeks, Israelites etc are most certainly not "basically the same people" as ancient Greeks and ancient citizens of Judah or Israel. Why? Centuries of intermarriage, migration, cultural and religious shifts, etc for one thing--ethnicity alone, by the way, is hopefully not the reason why you argue they are "basically the same people" as their ancient precedents.

Mongols and Turks were not "nations" when they began in any event, let alone united people (Genghis Khan had to cut a swathe through numerous Mongolian tribes to create his initial army, and Ottoman Turks were famous for their foreign soldiers ala janissaries, among others). Neither was any ancient civilization a "nation" let alone a united people in its most famous (empire or kingdom) state--consider Korea's being led by a Silla queen, or Greece being led by leaders of the two most famous Greek citystates who were quite frequently at war with each other.

How are "Aztecs" a separate nation from "Mexico" in your view given your statement about "heirs"?

"Each civ example should be looked into separately" you say. That sounds like you are backing away from your earlier statement where you disagreed with me because you stated civilizations should be based around nations. Personally, I don't think a nation-centric approach to civs makes sense in most ancient history cases for the simple fact that every dictionary definition of "civilization" is loose enough to allow for shared territory, history or other as the basis for what constitutes "civilization". Right now Firaxis also applies the nation model sometimes ("America"/Australia/Indonesia), the empire model sometimes (Ottomans/Arabians, etc) and the people model sometimes (Cree). Firaxis often conglomerates civilizations that were never actually united, like "Mayans", "Scythians" (especially apt given that Herodotus described the Massagaetae as "like Scythians" but not actually as Scythians per se) and so on. Despite such inconsistencies, the Firaxis mixed approach to defining a civilization seems more reasonable, even if it leads to arguable inconsistencies.

Obviously your perspective on a nation-centric approach can work better for modern nations like Brazil and "America". But your approach runs into problems precisely because "nations" and "people" have inherent inconsistencies. You forgive America for existing in Civ, but somehow Gran Colombia is unforgiveable. This to me makes no sense. In its time, Gran Colombia was deemed a powerful nation. Yes, a nation.

To quote Wikipedia:
At the time of its creation, Gran Colombia was the most prestigious country in Spanish America. John Quincy Adams, then Secretary of State and future president of the United States, claimed it to be one of the most powerful nations on the planet. This prestige, added to the figure of Bolívar, attracted to the nation unionist ideas of independence movements in Cuba, the Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, which sought to form an associated state with the republic."

So you seem to have a distaste for the nation that was Gran Colombia despite arguing for a nation-centric approach. Earlier you objected to "Gran Colombians" as not being a nation because it was too short-lived. But a short-lived nation is still a nation and under the criteria you described of civs being based around nations, Gran Colombia makes the cut. If you object to them for being short-lived, then your definition of what a civilization is clearly entails something beyond mere nationhood. But that's not what arguing for civilizations being based on nations means.

Your nation-centric approach leads down a slippery slope in other ways too--perhaps down even to the suggestion that Goths, for example, can't be in Civilization just because they didn't occupy territory in one modern nation as such (being spread in Spain, Italy etc as they were). And frankly, to the extent they were a united people at any time, the Goths are frankly even less consolidated a political entity than Gran Colombia, which, by the way, had its capital in what is now Colombia, but was led by a famous Venezuelan (Simon Bolivar).

There is obviously no objective definition of what is or isn’t a worthy civ. Firaxis hardly has solid criteria, so how can we? :p

I think the problem with Gran Colombia is that there’s not really anything unifying the vast territory and the disparate groups of people within, beyond wanting independence from Spain. Hence it barely lasted ten years as a unified state before falling back into the distinct nations we know today.

As liberation from a colonial empire is not a mechanic that can be represented in the game, and that’s the one thing Bolívar and his ill-fated dream of Colombia can bring, it really isn’t a suitable addition.
The reasons Gran Colombia fell apart weren't all down to the only thing they shared being a desire for independence from Spain. That's far too oversimplistic a conclusion. The usual problems with running a young nation (as with America post-1776) are similar problems Gran Colombia ran into, particularly economic ones. Gran Colombia need not revolve around liberation, but to the extent you argue that would not be a suitable addition, I respectfully disagree. What do the Mapuche currently revolve around mechanically if not that precise resistance? There are many ways to map out anti-empire resistance in Civ. I don't think we need to deem the door shut just yet.

Agreed on Firaxis not having an objective definition of what is or isn't a worthy civ. That's why I think IgorS's suggestion of a nation-centric approach makes no sense (leaving aside his later-developed secondary and contradictory addendums to his definition re: what makes a nation worthy enough to be a basis for a civ after it's been deemed a nation). It also makes no historical sense, leaving aside Firaxis' inconsistent approach as I discussed above in reply to IgorS. I can empathize to some degree with a distaste for blob civs like "Native Americans", but I disagree with the distaste for unified political entities like empires (Holy Roman or Roman) precisely because nations are just that--political entities. The nation of America (which IgorS does not object to) is every bit a political construct in the way that the Holy Roman Empire was (which IgorS did object to being a civ because he deemed it a "political entity"). To quote:

If IgorS wants to change his definition of what constitutes a civ, that's fine, but his earlier statement arguing for a nation-centric approach is contradicted by history, and by his own listed examples of what he thinks constitutes a civ and what he thinks doesn't constitute a civ.

Last edited:
I'm surprised people care that much about Canada. "None of the above" was my choice, we can manage with Brazil and USA, but no more of these "modern" options before staples like the Ottoman Turks, Carthaginians and Maya have been added to the game.

The reasons Gran Colombia fell apart weren't all down to the only thing they shared being a desire for independence from Spain. That's far too oversimplistic a conclusion. The usual problems with running a young nation (as with America post-1776) are similar problems Gran Colombia ran into, particularly economic ones.

Of course I’m oversimplifying, but the difference between America and Colombia is that America worked. If the US had fallen apart after ten years into New England and the Republic of Virginia or what have you, I’d be arguing against their inclusion too :p

Gran Colombia would have been a powerful state, had it survived. It’s not surprising that people like Quincy Adams talk it up, because Bolívar’s vision was a version of South America that resembled the United States.

Gran Colombia need not revolve around liberation, but to the extent you argue that would not be a suitable addition, I respectfully disagree. What do the Mapuche currently revolve around mechanically if not that precise resistance? There are many ways to map out anti-empire resistance in Civ. I don't think we need to deem the door shut just yet.

I would say the difference is that Mapuche and Scotland are designed around the idea of an encroaching empire on an indigenous people. Gran Colombia was about the colonial state breaking away from the empire that created it. That is not a mechanic that currently exists in a Civ 6.

Basically, Uberfrog has answered for me.
When I talk about a nation, I want to see it actually become that - a nation, not just a political entity. Gran Colombia was only a political entity, no matter how strong it was or how influential its leader was, it did not create a Gran Colombian people. The same way that the Holy Roman Empire was nothing but a collection of various peoples living under some strange political entity.
The Mongol and Ottoman empires were not that. The Ottoman Empire included many other non-Turkish territories, yes, but who ruled the empire? It was the Turks. The Ottoman Empire was ruled by Turkish leaders from their capital in Turkey. The Janissaries being non-Turkish has nothing to do with it, it is just one feature of the empire that makes them unique in their own way. I am not saying that such facts should be ignored. I am just saying that each of those empires still revolved around a certain nation that had founded it. The Ottoman Empire ruled areas outside Turkey because they were conquered. You said that the Mongols had to be unified, but this means there was a nation that had to be unified. Genghis Khan did not simply gather a bunch of tribes based on some random criteria, he gathered the Mongol people. The same thing happened with Germany in the 19th century. And some nations were not united, like the Maya, but this is why I say each case should be looked into separately, because the Maya have other reasons for being included in the game, something that still makes them a nation despite never being a unified state (in this case - their major influence over the region and their common features, like culture, language, religion, and ethnicity). I am also not against the inclusion of the Goths.

For me the criteria for a civilization are as follows:
1. They have to be a nation with common features - culture, language, religion, ethnicity. Having a common culture is a must, but not all the other boxes have to be ticked. Thus, a nation can be modern, like the Americans, Australians or Argentines.
2. They must occupy or have occupied a certain common territory.
3. They must have influenced at least the region they have inhabited.
4. They must have at least one notable leader, however the civilization must not revolve solely around that leader (this is why I don't like Macedon as designed in Civ VI).
5. They must have unique features - units and buildings (well, this is how the game works).
6. They must have a city list. The cities don't have to be actual cities, of course, but there has to be a list of settlements (like in the case of the Iroquois, for instance). This is also necessary for gameplay purposes.

Top Bottom