1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Update incoming

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

I've been able to maintain friendships and alliances through the end game, too. The only issue I've noticed has been after "fake wars" - ones where I'm DOW'd due to a joint war or I auto-DOW someone due to an alliance, but no actual fighting takes place and we peace out after 10 turns. After a fake war I find I still have positive relationship factors, but the AI won't accept my offers of friendship and I need to wait until they offer friendship to me, which typically doesn't take too long, but still delays resuming the friendship for a few turns. But possibly I'm just not persistent enough in making the friendship requests.

I certainly haven't run into the AI turning against me because I'm winning. I kind of wish they would, as it would make the end game more interesting. Possibly the speed at which you go from hitting the "close to victory" mark to actually winning is a factor? I play Standard speed and have only done science and culture victory runs in R&F.

2. Karpius

Karpius Chieftain

Funny, I always get the crash report as the game starts, but it does not interfere with the play at all. However, the window always opens in the back round so it is not immediately noticed except as a tab on the bottom of my page.

3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Don't know about the game specifically, but it makes everything faster. going from HDD>>SSD is probably the biggest computer upgrade you can make IMO, more than more RAM or even processor upgrade. Probably added two years to the useable lifespan of my previous rig. I still have a spinning hard drive for photo storage but wouldn't ever go back for my main drive. If you can afford it I'd say go for it!

4. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

I had no problem in my Religious victory, where I was winning religious but doing quite average on everything else (over focus on holy sites will do that to you). I had problem on my science game (+800 science by the end, so I was doing quite well) and now I'm having problem on my cultural game, where I'm getting some serious culture. I think the AI look at science/culture to decide if you're winning, if you're way ahead they start to threat you like garbage even though they are friendly.

My other theory is that liberation is bugged. Every game I had this issue I liberated a city/cs. Might be coincidence but it look suspicious.

It load faster but I wouldn't say much faster. It's noticeable and definitely a quality of life improvement but loading still take a while. SSDs are a worth investment, it make the PC feel a lot faster overhaul. It can breath some life into a relatively old PC.

5. Katakanja

Katakanja Warlord

Maybe watch out for it in the next few hours. This will be the first patch they've done without any additional content alongside it since quite a while, so who knows what time they are likely to release it at if it is today. :dunno:

liv likes this.
  6. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

If it is today, I would bet it will be about 2pm EST (4 hours from now). That seems to be the usual time anymore.

7. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

If the patch doesn't break my save, I'm going to keep an eye out for it in my current game then. I currently have 5 alliances and 5 DoFs (out of 11 AIs, not bad if I say so myself), but I'm also starting to run away in science, and I have had 3 Golden Ages in a row and don't plan on slowing down the settling (playing a YnAMP Earth map as Netherlands, already colonized Great Britain, France, Spain, Scandinavia (all empty; Germany was my only neighbor and they expanded east), planning on chopping Statue of Liberty on the US East Coast, as the Cree haven't settled that yet, though they have settled more inland, also planning on settling West Africa (still empty), Indonesia and Australia (at least for the most part empty) and maybe Japan (not sure if I get any negative modifiers from Khmer there)).

8. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Warlord Supporter

This might be the issue, but I can't say for sure. I've only played a handful of R&F games, so while I haven't experienced difficulty maintaining friendships and alliances through to the end of the game, that might also just be small subset randomness.

9. Jackanape

Jackanape Chieftain

I've had the same issue, but I suspect that's because I somehow "triple clicked" my Civ VI icon, causing it to try to launch while already.launching. this is a different issue from the exit crash.

On a side note, I haven't had the exit crash since the last patch...

Plus one here for the memory leak theory.

Duuk likes this.
  10. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Chieftain

I mean, I feel having an alliance with the player about to win is the single stupidest thing that AI could do. The biggest embarassment in Civ VI's AI is that I can be 5 turns away from winning and everyone isn't throwing everything they have against me.

God knows I nuke their Spaceport if they are winning next turn; why don't they do the same to me?

It's like playing chess against an AI that starts with 3 Queens but has no idea what the win condition is.

craney1987 likes this.
  11. DemonMaster

DemonMaster A.K.A. Fenhorn

Would be a very boring game that pretty much always will end up in a total nuclear war.

12. Chocolate Pi

Chocolate Pi Chieftain

Yup, that's Civ; the victory conditions have always been rather degenerate. They are not designed to support actual competition between rational agents.

13. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.