Update incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is a really cool way to communicate with the players. I appreciate that!
If this means that CS are actually part of the game now (on Immortal/Deity), I'm happy. ^^

I just subscribed to the Better Reports mod to get more in-game info... I wonder if this update would've addressed the reports issue that this mod covers? I'm happy to hear that they are addressing many of the minor interface issues we've brought up since release.

Funny, I did the same thing. First mod I installed in years for a civ game but it is just so good. Being able to see the effects of a policy before I adopt it makes life so much easier and enjoyable.

Last edited:
Sounds like mostly good changes. The one I would not do is the polders boost, Holland is really good already.

Most excited about city-states hopefully not falling so fast in the beginning.

Entertainment district changes sound possibly interesting, too. As things stand, they're very underwhelming before zoos.

I'm rather impressed. Especially since I didn't have any issues with most of what was addressed. Though I certainly hope it helps those who have had such issues.

On a minor down side...I feel bad for the modders out there who may have to go back and update their mods to catch up with this update so soon after making adjustments for R&F.

I'm really hoping that signifies more updates on what is going on between the patches. Firaxis really needs to up their game with keeping the community updated a bit so I'm hoping this is a step in that direction. Very happy to see a video like that, great stuff.

Netherlands seemed extremely powerful to me already when I played them so I'm not sure that Polders needed buffing but oh well. Will be fun to use at least.

Still wonder if there will be a change to Magnus. If you get a start with many choppable resources he is just insanely powerful.

I hope they buffed Georgia. Since it wasn't mentioned, I suspect it wasn't.

To be fair, Georgia did get an indirect buff because more city states will survive the early game hopefully.

hmm was expecting some buff to ages so AI later in game wont be perma dark age zone. And they cities flip like crazy..to easy.

I have never been able to build a polder so the polder change is good.
No words on the unit Guard mode getting fixed? Game is still almost unplayable without it working and it has only worked on and off for a few months since launch...

On the topic of georgia, they really should change their walls from renaissance to medieval. It takes way too much effort to build renaissance walls because you have to build the lower ones too, and Georgia (as a clear religious victory civ) will not have tons of hammers, and by the time you get to the renaissance era, the religious game is basically out of steam anyway.

Plus if you google Tsikhe, the first thing that comes up is a castle from the 13th century!

To be fair, Georgia did get an indirect buff because more city states will survive the early game hopefully.

Actually not sure I would agree with this. While more city states will be around the AI will also be less inclined to declare war on city states makes giving you less options for protectorate wars.

Actually not sure I would agree with this. While more city states will be around the AI will also be less inclined to declare war on city states makes giving you less options for protectorate wars.
We'll see how it plays out but it sounds like it's just an early game buff to city states where protectorate war isn't available yet anyway (or is it? xD)

I'm happy that we will get this fixes that the game desperately need relatively soon but I really hope it won't mess with my save too much, I won't be able to finish the game I started this week =(

I love the changes to CSs, I don't have to use the CS walls anymore. I hope they give CSs more incentive to build units too, cuz one of the level 2 government plaza building (foreign ministry) seems so useless right now when CSs have no units

To those who are thinking of waiting to finish a game for until the patch release:
Remember, it will probably break saved games!
More likely to break mods. IIRC, most Civ VI patches haven't broken saves being played with no mods (but don't count on anything!)

I'm happy that we will get this fixes that the game desperately need relatively soon but I really hope it won't mess with my save too much, I won't be able to finish the game I started this week =(

Can't you play offline until you finish, or turn off automatic
updates?

Can't you play offline until you finish, or turn off automatic
updates?

I think I can play offline but I won't get achievements that way, I'm not sure.

Edit: I hope they also fixed that horrible sound bug, I'll happily sacrifice my save for a fix to that torture. Music, voice and some UI sound effects vanish from time to time between the Industrial and Modern era. You need to reload the save to fix but it keep happening again after a few minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom