Update incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a 30 day patch with the base game as well.

I don't recall when the first DLC came out, but I understand that there is currently no sign of a DLC being tested, and they've not said anything about the existence of future DLC, so I'd say it's highly unlikely a DLC will drop with this patch.
The First DLC came out on December 23,2016. Along with the Second DLC. Jagdwiga's Poland DLC and the Viking scenario DLC both came in December 2016 just before christmas.

Regarding warmongering, I was able to fully conquer and destroy a Civ with no warmonger penalty at all thanks to a declaration of war from an City State Liberation Emergency.

Um, Netherlands is weak right now.

I'm not sure how you figure that. With Grote Rivieren, they rival Germany in sheer production, larger cities due to Polders, and have a better UU on top of it.

A waaaaaaay better UU. Their adjacency bonuses rain extra yields! And the polders are powerful as. And pretty :mischief:

Has the "Eye of Horus" been there from the beginning? I don't remember seeing that religion in-game but I have to recheck later.

A waaaaaaay better UU. Their adjacency bonuses rain extra yields! And the polders are powerful as. And pretty :mischief:

Yes, their UU is better. But when you say it's raining extra yields because of adjacency, you surely mean drizzling? Even when I have a district almost surrounded by rivers I only net 3 extra yields.

And about their polders, I've played a couple of games with The Netherlands but I still have to chain 3 of them. Last game I had a awesome spawn with 6 lakes which I can turn into polder completely with the upcoming patch, but without the tweak to polders I can only build 2 poldertiles. And they are not even connected! And the polder yields don't seem that OP to me, it's not like the Australian pasture joke.

I think a buff is most welcome

I've found that I build ECs far more regularly now in R&F. Mostly to run Bread & Circuses in order to speed up flipping my neighbor's cities.
I tried this once and got the feeling that B&C affect only your own cities and thus cannot be used offensively. And the description IMHO supports this.
I haven't tested it again, so I wonder what is the truth?

I tried this once and got the feeling that B&C affect only your own cities and thus cannot be used offensively. And the description IMHO supports this.

If you're right most of us will have egg on our faces. I'm certain that I've seen B&C speed up the flipping of a city in my own games. And in one of the video streams with Anton he commented on how he'd been running it to help flip an opponents city.

Last edited:

I've used it in my very first R&F game to speed up the fall of the French Empire. The two B&C projects most certainly sped up the cities falling compared to before.

Also, I really like that they're doing this now, but they should take a look at some other dev blogs, like the ones from Riot Games, to learn how to look less awkward while doing them.

I have noticed an incoherence. What does this mean?
The tooltip in the video over Radom's loyalty dropdown says "Loyalty 93/100. Status: Full loyalty in 7 turns"
Because the loyalty of Radom is rising 15.4 per turn, full loyalty should be in 1 turn.

I have noticed an incoherence. What does this mean?
The tooltip in the video over Radom's loyalty dropdown says "Loyalty 93/100. Status: Full loyalty in 7 turns"
Because the loyalty of Radom is rising 15.4 per turn, full loyalty should be in 1 turn.

That "turns until full loyalty/rebelling" are always calculated from the values of last turn instead of current turn.

(by the way, you're looking for "inconsistent". "incoherent" means something that is not understandable because the different parts don't fit together, often when someone is talking and uses totally unrelated things as if they're related to one another)

Also, I really like that they're doing this now, but they should take a look at some other dev blogs, like the ones from Riot Games, to learn how to look less awkward while doing them.

That and just get Sarah to do them. She's more natural in front of a camera than the others are.

- Balance changes: tweaks to loyaly system to prevent emergencies from ending when a city flips owners

Yes, sometimes such an emergency is basically free cos if said city flips (to an free state from loyalty) you win automatically without doing anything. Also sometimes I would not take a city cos of such emergencies. (Yes, I'd reload) ;)

Oh, no. They still haven't realized the bad era timing thing. How comes that everyone is at modern, fighting with planes and tanks, while the "world era" is still medival:mischief::mischief::mischief:

Is that because you only play at a pace and on maps where
that happens often?

The patch will be very interesting.

Now, where's the Curling Rink for Scotland to replace Golf Courses on Snow and Tundra tiles?

Curling is no longer the in-thing. Icestock is the hipster's curling.
(I only know about it because my nephew was part of the Australian team who won
a bronze medal at the recent world championships in Austria. That's roughly the
equivalent of the Jamaican bobsled team succeeding a few years ago.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that because you only play at a pace and on maps where
that happens often?

Agreed. The era timing works very well, at least on high difficulty settings. If you feel like you are way too much ahead of game eras, you need to increase your difficulty level. If you are far ahead on Deity, maybe try to use less exploits like overflow chopping xD

I doubt this patch will change anything about that but I surely hope they are going to take a look at it in the future.

I'm rather impressed. Especially since I didn't have any issues with most of what was addressed. Though I certainly hope it helps those who have had such issues.

Couldn't some of it be regarded as a compromise solution, given that there was
no unanimity about whether, for example, CS should be much more difficult to
conquer?

On a minor down side...I feel bad for the modders out there who may have to go back and update their mods to catch up with this update so soon after making adjustments for R&F.

Let's hope they haven't just cherry-picked the recommendations from the
players and that they soon honour their promise of releasing tools and
code to help modders.

Agreed. The era timing works very well, at least on high difficulty settings. If you feel like you are way too much ahead of game eras, you need to increase your difficulty level. If you are far ahead on Deity, maybe try to use less exploits like overflow chopping xD

I doubt this patch will change anything about that but I surely hope they are going to take a look at it in the future.

It would have been silly to try that balance before the latest raft of huge
changes with R&F. Not only that, but it is a formidable task to get it right for
the myriad of ways to play Civ, from small maps with few civs to huge maps with
the maximum number. I don't have an issue with it on ludicrous size against
25-33 civs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been silly to try that balance before the latest raft of huge
changes with R&F. Not only that, but it is a formidable task to get it right for
the myriad of ways to play Civ, from small maps with few civs to huge maps with
the maximum number. I don't have an issue with it on ludicrous size against
25-33 civs.

Yep, that's true.

By the way, I meant that I hope they take a look at the overflow mechanic. ^^

That "turns until full loyalty/rebelling" are always calculated from the values of last turn instead of current turn.

(by the way, you're looking for "inconsistent". "incoherent" means something that is not understandable because the different parts don't fit together, often when someone is talking and uses totally unrelated things as if they're related to one another)
And thanks for the language tip)

I think they're trying to emulate Blizzard's Overwatch Developer Updates, where its the lead designer doing the videos.

Soooo, in that case, who is going to re-edit the video once we've built up a library of footage so that Ed does nothing but recite memes... :mischief:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom