1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Update incoming

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ozymandias9891, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Warlord

The First DLC came out on December 23,2016. Along with the Second DLC. Jagdwiga's Poland DLC and the Viking scenario DLC both came in December 2016 just before christmas.

WillowBrook likes this.
  2. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Regarding warmongering, I was able to fully conquer and destroy a Civ with no warmonger penalty at all thanks to a declaration of war from an City State Liberation Emergency.

Stringer1313 likes this.
  3. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

A waaaaaaay better UU. Their adjacency bonuses rain extra yields! And the polders are powerful as. And pretty :mischief:

4. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Has the "Eye of Horus" been there from the beginning? I don't remember seeing that religion in-game but I have to recheck later.

5. Peserwin

Peserwin Chieftain

Yes, their UU is better. But when you say it's raining extra yields because of adjacency, you surely mean drizzling? Even when I have a district almost surrounded by rivers I only net 3 extra yields.

And about their polders, I've played a couple of games with The Netherlands but I still have to chain 3 of them. Last game I had a awesome spawn with 6 lakes which I can turn into polder completely with the upcoming patch, but without the tweak to polders I can only build 2 poldertiles. And they are not even connected! And the polder yields don't seem that OP to me, it's not like the Australian pasture joke.

I think a buff is most welcome

oedali likes this.
  6. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

I tried this once and got the feeling that B&C affect only your own cities and thus cannot be used offensively. And the description IMHO supports this.
    I haven't tested it again, so I wonder what is the truth?

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

What a lovely overview from Ed, something just worked in the delivery and certainly shows they do listen.
    CS defences, yay. Let’s hope the cede nonsense is gone at last.

8. nzcamel

If you're right most of us will have egg on our faces. I'm certain that I've seen B&C speed up the flipping of a city in my own games. And in one of the video streams with Anton he commented on how he'd been running it to help flip an opponents city.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Leyrann likes this.
  9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I've used it in my very first R&F game to speed up the fall of the French Empire. The two B&C projects most certainly sped up the cities falling compared to before.

Also, I really like that they're doing this now, but they should take a look at some other dev blogs, like the ones from Riot Games, to learn how to look less awkward while doing them.

nzcamel likes this.
  10. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

I have noticed an incoherence. What does this mean?
    The tooltip in the video over Radom's loyalty dropdown says "Loyalty 93/100. Status: Full loyalty in 7 turns"
    Because the loyalty of Radom is rising 15.4 per turn, full loyalty should be in 1 turn.

11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

That "turns until full loyalty/rebelling" are always calculated from the values of last turn instead of current turn.

(by the way, you're looking for "inconsistent". "incoherent" means something that is not understandable because the different parts don't fit together, often when someone is talking and uses totally unrelated things as if they're related to one another)

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  12. nzcamel

That and just get Sarah to do them. She's more natural in front of a camera than the others are.

oedali, Duuk, sonicmyst and 1 other person like this.
  13. blackbutterfly

blackbutterfly King

Yes, sometimes such an emergency is basically free cos if said city flips (to an free state from loyalty) you win automatically without doing anything. Also sometimes I would not take a city cos of such emergencies. (Yes, I'd reload) ;)

Ozymandias9891 likes this.
  14. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Is that because you only play at a pace and on maps where
    that happens often?

Curling is no longer the in-thing. Icestock is the hipster's curling.
    (I only know about it because my nephew was part of the Australian team who won
    a bronze medal at the recent world championships in Austria. That's roughly the
    equivalent of the Jamaican bobsled team succeeding a few years ago.)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
    nzcamel likes this.
  15. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Agreed. The era timing works very well, at least on high difficulty settings. If you feel like you are way too much ahead of game eras, you need to increase your difficulty level. If you are far ahead on Deity, maybe try to use less exploits like overflow chopping xD

I doubt this patch will change anything about that but I surely hope they are going to take a look at it in the future.

16. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Couldn't some of it be regarded as a compromise solution, given that there was
    no unanimity about whether, for example, CS should be much more difficult to
    conquer?

Let's hope they haven't just cherry-picked the recommendations from the
    players and that they soon honour their promise of releasing tools and
    code to help modders.

It would have been silly to try that balance before the latest raft of huge
    changes with R&F. Not only that, but it is a formidable task to get it right for
    the myriad of ways to play Civ, from small maps with few civs to huge maps with
    the maximum number. I don't have an issue with it on ludicrous size against
    25-33 civs.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2018
  17. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Yep, that's true.

By the way, I meant that I hope they take a look at the overflow mechanic. ^^

Ferocitus likes this.
  18. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

I think they're trying to emulate Blizzard's Overwatch Developer Updates, where its the lead designer doing the videos.

I like Ed's delivery though.

WillowBrook, tedhebert and Katakanja like this.
  19. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

And thanks for the language tip)

nzcamel likes this.
  20. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Soooo, in that case, who is going to re-edit the video once we've built up a library of footage so that Ed does nothing but recite memes... :mischief:

nzcamel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.