US Capitol Breached

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw I do not think you need any new laws ot make the point, keep it simple. refuse to seat any incoming republican who took part in the farce and then try to remove the others who took part (it will fail but will have implications long term). Thats it. Establish that encouraging this kind of activity has consequences. Do not make martyrs of morons.

I wonder how Biden will handle right-wing riots, if they are anything close to BLM-Antifa. Do you think they should be dealt the same way, more harshly or less harshly?
I began to think this BLM-Antifa is WAY overblown by Trump. Trump is using it as a "boogieman" to scare his cronies to submission- when in fact they are no more dangerous then angry kitten. When has Antifa ACTUALLY been a threat in 2020?

I began to think this BLM-Antifa is WAY overblown by Trump. Trump is using it as a "boogieman" to scare his cronies to submission- when in fact they are no more dangerous then angry kitten. When has Antifa ACTUALLY been a threat in 2020?

Arguably neither was a single riot in the capitol. But this isn't what is crucial, in my view. The crucial issue is that in the US there are two sides and they are more than eager to accept all their own stuff and none of the other side's.

On US tv I heard statements such as "the gop exists to protect its voters". I think analogous is often thought (by many) about the dem party. Regardless of whether such is realistic at all (I don't think it is, those parties even switched from what they first "protected" in the civil war aftermath; they are highly elastic in this regard), it sounds like two armies, not citizens of the same country.

How does letting big tech censor people based on the ambitions of their political benefactors help? We got 4 years of Russiagate lies and conspiracies permeating these platforms and now the Democrats want to censor people because of disinformation? And this is not about private platforms making these decisions, people in power have been telling them to censor people or else.

aye and how does letting platforms exist in which denial of reality and perpetual lying about leftists take place help? See this goes both ways and dramatically more so in the other direction. Right now you are living in a wholly fabricated world of right wing talking points perpetuated by a 24/7 self reflecting nightmare world of mirrors. I would like to see that disappear. I'm willing to sacrifice these monster corporations on that altar, but alas it will not happen. The GOP will combine with the dems to stop that.

But they did loot several documents... who is to say what's in it?
Did Antifa ever achieved this?

It would matter if those documents contained something of note, say evidence of contact with aliens. But if Trump had that, he'd have revealed it just to avoid an election or a new president in the ensuing chaos :D

It would matter if those documents contained evidence of contact with aliens. But if Trump has that, he'd have revealed it just to avoid an election or a new president in the ensuing chaos :D
The fact stands that a mob trashed the congress, and stole important document and several info could be in Trumpster's hands. That is very dangerous and to be frank something that only happens in 3rd world countries. Not to mention America just made fool of itself in the international stage and anit-American nations like China is mocking US for it.

The fact stands that a mob trashed the congress, and stole important document and several info could be in Trumpster's hands. That is very dangerous and to be frank something that only happens in 3rd world countries. Not to mention America just made fool of itself in the international stage and anit-American nations like China is mocking US for it.

This would have been a valid point, if the US now had seen the end of this. But it hasn't, cause Trump was just another manifestation of the actual rot that keeps expanding and will lead to worse.

Will Trump resign in exchange for a pardon from Pence? The penalty for his crimes this week would likely involve prison time. He does not want that. No stylist!
Untrue! There are certainly stylists in prison... hair and nails... tattoo artists as well.

This would have been a valid point, if the US now had seen the end of this. But it hasn't, cause Trump was just another manifestation of the actual rot that keeps expanding and will lead to worse.
so are you saying we shouldn't be doing anything? Because it keeps on happening?

so are you saying we shouldn't be doing anything? Because it keeps on happening?

My view is that as long as there is a split of this magnitude, the blame game breeds even more hatred. I don't see any way out, tbh, but also don't see any will to get out; each side thinks it is right and the other wrong.
Having stormtroopers form isn't a good sign either, whether they are the tea-party or antifa.
That said... there's also Qanon. At least antifa isn't entirely out of touch with reality ^_^

Could someone quote the incitement please?

Looking forward to a court case.

This

"You'll never take back our country with weakness," the outgoing commander-in-chief instructed his followers at the "Save America" rally Wednesday morning. "You have to show strength and you have to be strong."

"You don't concede when there's theft involved. Our country has had enough and we will not take it any more," he declared in his roughly 70-minute speech. "And we fight. We fight like hell and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore."

And this

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...s/congress-affirms-president-elect-biden-win/

And this from his personal lawyer

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-trial-by-combat_n_5ff74985c5b6644fa210657b

This wasn't a coup, though. Not in any meaningful sense. It was barely a riot. There was enough there to provide a brief cathartic hysteria, but there must be a lingering sense of anti-climax.

Say what you like about Mussolini, he was able to offer the Italians more ambitious spectacle than a man in buffalo skin loitering in an empty debate chamber.

I hope your position changed after the proof hobbsyoyo as provided us. And besides, multiple people died from this, on both sides of the conflict.

So he can't pardon himself?
He seems to be surprised that people act differently towards him now that he is (really) no longer president.
We'll see if he tries. I think if he does, it will be overturned by SCOTUS.

Blue lives matter
It was antifa fault
This video is insane... beyond belief that only 5 people died in that insanity. Denying this was a coup attempt is pointless. The people in the video clearly thought they were engaged in one, or something so similar as to render calling it anything else a distinction without a difference, their own words and actions make it clear.

Spoiler NSFW :

@Sommerswerd yep... if I had my way every single one of the traitors/terrorists would have been shot on the spot. 100% serious. They need to make an example to discourage others from trying it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom