1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

v23 Bugs and Crashes

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by E_T, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

You can! Check out the multiplayer thread it should have something that tells you how to connect to each other. I believe the "default" method does not work.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Bug in City Limits mod? See problem and images in post.

Basically it appears that a hard limit happens if you have two or more active civics that produce unhappiness when you go above a limit.

I can provide a save but it requires CivPlayer8's modmod.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Extremely unlikely it will work at all if limits occur in more than one civic CATEGORY. It was never really designed with that possibility in mind. I assume this is the case here or else the condition you cite could not arise...?

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I think I was fine building cities until I selected a civic in another catagory that also had limits. I will check it out. That would explain why the number of cities did not match the number on either civic.

5. NCC1017spock

NCC1017spock Warlord

Where is this thread lol?

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Sorry, I did a search -> advance -> find threads with Mulitplayer in the title.

7. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I can load the game and go through setup perfectly fine, but when it gets about halfway through loading the map Civ4 just disappears. No error message, no warning, just poof and it's no longer running.

I have tried reinstalling, reunzipping, restoring, and NOTHING WILL WORK! Please help. I want to play!

8. dusckr87

dusckr87 Prince

99% of the time when this happens, it is because of a bad mapscript. Try another map and see if it does it.

9. Tambien

Tambien Theseus, Duke of Athens

I did. It still failed.

10. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

No offense but needs alot more info than just "it does work." What are your PC specs?

Where do you have C2C (which folder?)

or any other pertinent info you can provide.:sad:

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Mindump

12. mmeyerde

mmeyerde Chieftain

Hello Guys,

I hope this is the correct thread, since I am not sure, which version I got.

I found a reproducible error: While I was finishing an enemy civilization the game crashed and bumped me back to the desktop. I got no error messages.

I attached the save files. I think everything else should be obvious.

Maybe someone can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Attached Files:

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

There should also be a minidump as mentioned above also here:

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Like SO showed but to upload the minidump it must be zipped, rar'ed or 7z'd 1st or the forum won't upload it.

JosEPh

15. mmeyerde

mmeyerde Chieftain

Good morning,

yeah here in Germany it is 6 a.m. :)

I am sorry for forgetting to upload this file. Here it is.

Regards

Attached Files:

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Could you tell me which SVN revision this is. Regardless of wheer you got it from (including base V23 main install) this will display in the hover text for the flag near the bottom right of the game screen... (I need to know in order to interpret the minidump)

17. mmeyerde

mmeyerde Chieftain

Hello,

well I am not completely sure, whether I got you right, but this is the information which pops up when I hower over the flag in the game screen (on the right site next to the map, right?):

BTS 3.19
    C2C v24
    Bull 1.3
    C2C Build 2543
    RoM 2.92
    RDCM 2.8
    BBTS AI: 1.01b
    UP 3.19 v 1.50+

I hope this is what you are looking for?

Regards

Edit:

Interestingly now I could erase the civilization without any crash? :crazyeye:

Kinda weired what happens here.

Uhm, maybe you still can find anything?

And there is one more question: I know for sure that I will get those nasty MAFs. My machine runs XP Prof (32bit) with 2GB ram. Can I still switch to 3GB or will than happen something dangerous? If I buy a new machine, which components does it need?

Maybe you can answer these questions here?

Regards.

18. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yes, the bit I bolded above is the key information
    If you only have 2G RAM the /3G switch won't make any difference (it's harmless but won't help).

I'm afraid I cannot interpret your minidump (see below), but especially if it doesn't always occur then it's extremely likely to be a running-out-of-memory issue.

The key thing you need to run C2C well is at least 4G memory. You can either buy more for your current machine, or (if it's too old for that to really be practical/sensible) make sure to get at least this much in any replacement (it's hard to get les than 4G these days I think if you buy anything new). Once you get at least that much RAM the next most important thing is a sufficiently capable graphics card (really any modern machine should be adequate, unless we're talking low end laptops maybe). After that CPU performance comes next, and finally disc performance (if you'er going high-end putting it on an SSD makes a significant load-time difference, if not then just avoid low-spin rate (5500) discs if possible.

@Thunderbrd - the reason his minidump is not readable is that when you uploaded the DLL for that revision you didn't also save the PDB in the 'DLL and PDB archives' folder, so we no longer have a matching PDB for it (which is necessary to read minidumps usefully)

19. mmeyerde

mmeyerde Chieftain

Thank you for all that information and your "wasted" time on my problem.

Well, right at the moment, everything seems to be stable. I did not occur any new bugs since yesterday.

According to my machine: I think it would be worth waiting for a completely new system, although mine has some new parts, some are very old.

I am right that any let's say 'modern' but not high end machine should be enough? You see I am not that hardcore gamer.

Regards

20. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Pretty much. Just so long as it has 4G RAM and basic gaming level graphics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.