v3.1 plans

Thalassicus

Bytes and Nibblers
I'm focused on armies, leaders, and the communitas map for Cep v3.1. I chose these because they were least affected by the BWN expansion. I will read other conversations, but most of my efforts and replies will focus on those three areas, unless something major intervenes. Thank you for your patience as we adapt the project to the excellent expansion. :)

Thanks for your work Thal, and the rest of the team's work.

I have a question: where can I find the most up-to-date version of CEP for BNW? Would it be at your wordpress site, or in the download's section here? I ask because I saw you mention a 3.06 version of the mod in a post yesterday, but I only see the 3.05 versions on the wordpress site and in the download section here.

I'm focused on armies, leaders, and the communitas map for Cep v3.1. I chose these because they were least affected by the BWN expansion. I will read other conversations, but most of my efforts and replies will focus on those three areas, unless something major intervenes. Thank you for your patience as we adapt the project to the excellent expansion. :)

Sounds great! I look forward to trying it out.

@knight03

Don't worry too much about the incremental updates.

They are works in progress and are usually to fix minor issues.

Whichever download is available either here on the forum or on the wiki is good to go.
The overall experience will be very similar to previous iterations.

Having said that, the more people who play the latest versions mean more eyes to track down any potential bugs.

Either way. Keep looking where you are looking.:)

Okay, I'm playing what I assume is 3.1.

The changes to the leaders are confusing, with some left the same, some changed, and some obviously bugged. For example, why does Bismarck have the "Scourge of God" ability, and starts with a Horse Archer? Spain and the Celts also both have Natural Wonder bonuses, and France has its old +3 :c5culture: ability.

Also, Genghis has his City State conquest bonus - does that mean that City State conquest rewards are back in the game?

EDIT: Welp, I decided to play as Bismarck.

Lost on turn 1, no units spawned.

EDIT EDIT: Celts don't start with a spearman as told.

Is the blog post listed as "CEP Basic (v3.0.5 Beta)" the second time 3.1?

Okay, I also just experienced a turn 0 loss as China. Not sure if its CEP related.

3.1.3 also causes no units to spawn and results in a loss immediately.

Played a couple full games this weekend with many false starts.

The jungle starts on the Communitas map are really bad for me and I usually end up re-rolling leaders and games because of it. Although jungle tiles are really awesome now, I can't seem to manage the barbarians due to LOS issues and low production values. And because I'm a mediocre warmonger.

My run with Indonesia appreciated the work you put into scripting islands into the Communitas map. I actually managed to settle a second city location just off the coast that ended up working out pretty well.

My Maya run ended up with me being two generations ahead in tech and building all the tourism/culture wonders. However, I still never managed to flip cities in the late game once the AI had picked ideologies. Once the barbarians are cleared out and the social policies are in full effect it seems impossible to even get their happiness below 0. Any tips?

Also, should I be playing with combat animations on? It seems like the option to enable/disable combat animations was removed from the advanced setup options.

When you finish off with your original plans for 3.1,do you plan moving on diplomacy aspect ?Because i think City-state diplomacy mod will not work with your mod (to much changes in tech tree) or i might be wrong ?

Jungles are awesome! At least in combination with the faith that adds food per jungle tile. Don't forget jungles have loads of rivers - You can often have so many 3:c5food: 2:c5gold: tiles (riverside trading posts) that you stop caring about production :D

The current version also includes Gem's feature of building plantations without completely clearing the jungle, so try out the plantation belief too. It gives a lot of culture. :)

The funny thing though is that that one belief is completely useless for the Brazilians. I accidently took it in my game with them, then reloaded ;)

culture on plantations, since plantations are not brazilwood camps... I didn't want to take the food belief since there was plenty of food around in that case and that doesn't leave many options for a jungle religion. I ended up taking the sacred waters belief I think.

Are we allowed to build plantations on jungle even without citrus/banana/etc? just a normal jungle tile.

whats the purpose of that?

It was in GEM. Frankly I'm not sure yet for CEP. In the game I played I had a few plantation ressources, so I teched for them, then chose the pantheon before realizing that I'd be better of building brazilwood camps on the ressources since they connect them as well apparently...

Top Bottom