Vicente Fox hopes for a North American Union on Larry King and Daily Show

That isn't necessarily a problem, though. Culture and values are what we need to worry about, not race. Whites are a distinct minority in the state of Hawaii, and only make up about a quarter of the people there - and yet things are mostly pretty good. A higher percentage of minorities is only a problem if they are violent and don't accept the same cultural values as the rest of the population.

I understand where you are coming from, these people are good people, hard working and have strong families but like i said it is starting to look like Mexico City.

In a other thread I posted my experience when I used to walk home from school and there were chickens and goats on the streets.

There are many illegals running around the place, you almost have to know Spanish now, I cannot go on and on about all my experiences, you would have to see it for yourself.

when your in certain parts of Texas you wonder if your in Mexico.

As long as it was a communist union...

We need to supress the free flow of labor, goods, and services, comrades.
I agree comrade, but the formation of a North American Union need not be an unprogressive development.

We have comrades down in Mexico that would strengten our nascent communist party.

Viva La Revolution!

That isn't necessarily a problem, though. Culture and values are what we need to worry about, not race. Whites are a distinct minority in the state of Hawaii, and only make up about a quarter of the people there - and yet things are mostly pretty good. A higher percentage of minorities is only a problem if they are violent and don't accept the same cultural values as the rest of the population.

I don't think you really meant to say it quite like that.. have whites, as a minority in Hawaii, accepted native Hawaiian cultural values? ;)

Whites are a distinct minority in the state of Hawaii, and only make up about a quarter of the people there - and yet things are mostly pretty good.

I know! I don't understand it!

I understand where you are coming from, these people are good people, hard working and have strong families but like i said it is starting to look like Mexico City.

In a other thread I posted my experience when I used to walk home from school and there were chickens and goats on the streets.

There are many illegals running around the place, you almost have to know Spanish now, I cannot go on and on about all my experiences, you would have to see it for yourself.

when your in certain parts of Texas you wonder if your in Mexico.
I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate complaint, I'm just saying that Mexicans aren't a problem - Mexicans who got here illegally, refuse to learn English, and commit crimes, are. ;)

I don't think you really meant to say it quite like that.. have whites, as a minority in Hawaii, accepted native Hawaiian cultural values? ;)
;) No, although native Hawaiian culture does indeed have a continued impact.

They'll integrate.

We are the ones who have to integrate! hahaha

""Mexicans who got here illegally, refuse to learn English, and commit crimes, are.""

Yes there are alot of those. Alot without IDs.

""yeah, the racists seem to have come out....""

I dont know if that was directed at me or not but like i said these are wonderful people, you would have to see this for yourself to understand where im coming from.

I have met thousands of Hispanic immigrants. None under the age of 50 refused to learn English (a feat harder than it looks) and other than immigration laws (which they considered less important than escaping poverty) were no more likely to commit crimes than anyone else.

I've never understood why people think it's so damn easy to learn to speak a new language in adulthood. It's a ridiculous expectation to have of adult, first generation migrants.

The thing people should be interested in is how the children of immigrants turn out, and I've seen no evidence that they don't learn English. I can see Spanish remaining a second language, the hispanohablante community being large enough to probably sustain billingualism multigenerationally, in a way virtually no other group ever has in the United States, but that's hardly the same thing as "not integrating".

Americans who's native language is English need to start learning Spanish so they will be able to better compete for the bilingual jobs that the free market will demand. It's a better use of time than sitting at the border in your lawnchair.

We are the ones who have to integrate! hahaha

I highly doubt that.

Arwon said:
The thing people should be interested in is how the children of immigrants turn out, and I've seen no evidence that they don't learn English. I can see Spanish remaining a second language, the hispanohablante community being large enough to probably sustain billingualism multigenerationally, in a way virtually no other group ever has in the United States, but that's hardly the same thing as "not integrating".

Thank you. It's the same cycle this country has gone through for hundreds of years. Frankly, I'll take the cheap labor.

""I highly doubt that.""

I dont blame you for saying that, Ill say it again, you have to see it for your self, its crazy

There are so many so quickly I do not believe there will be integration, there are areas in Texas by the border where the official language is Spanish.
http://www.englishfirst.org/elcenezo/elcenezoreuters81699.htm

You guys will have to see in the next decades the results of this, we are going to regret it.

""On the contrary, I prefer that they rant and complain; the fewer bilingual Americans there are, the more valuable my Spanish skills.""

Dont worry buddy we are all working on learning it while we rant and complain.

I think our economies are too different to work a standardized mutually beneficial monetary policy. In a nutshell Canada is resource dependent, US is R&D dependent, and Mexico hums along on cheap labour.

""I highly doubt that.""

I dont blame you for saying that, Ill say it again, you have to see it for your self, its crazy

There are so many so quickly I do not believe there will be integration, there are areas in Texas by the border where the official language is Spanish.
http://www.englishfirst.org/elcenezo/elcenezoreuters81699.htm

According to the 2000 census, almost 81% of the population is white, and official business is conducted in both English and Spanish. The mayor has also said that he supports English as the common language of the US, but believes that making it official hurts bilingual programs.

I think our economies are too different to work a standardized mutually beneficial monetary policy. In a nutshell Canada is resource dependent, US is R&D dependent, and Mexico hums along on cheap labour.

Wrong

GDP by sector (2004)
agriculture (2.3%)
ndustry (26.4%)
services (71.3%)

Wrong

GDP by sector (2004)
agriculture (2.3%)
ndustry (26.4%)
services (71.3%)
OK, you're right. You don't have to be such an ass about it.
But the fact remains our economies are very different and a harmonized monetary policy would not be in our best interest. Especially with the US's recent appetite for debasing their currencies value.

Top Bottom