Video: Troll or Mistake?

Was the leader information in the video a troll?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it was a small mistake, but I don't think it's really a big deal they have to worry about. A vast majority of Civ fans will continue to get the slow leader by leader updates.

The only thing I hope from this is
1. If we can't figure it out, that we are shown exactly what imagesB5 and D5 are eventually.
2. That the developers happen to see all this commotion, and double check to make sure they are using the right image of Isabella for whichever one they chose. The Civ 4 and 5 leaderhead mistakes were something that still irk me.

I believe it is intentional. The camera focused to infinity instead of on the devs...

Spoiler :

I believe it is intentional. The camera focused to infinity instead of on the devs...

Spoiler :

I said "big oops" but now that you mention it, it is incredibly centered and well-lit. Even if what you posted is a cropped frame...

Spoiler :

Indeed. I think it was a nod to the hardcore fans. That and the civet cat. ;)

I think it was intentional as a nice gimme to the hardcore fans who comb over these videos.

Well, I don't use twitter very much (fewer than 50 tweets), but Ed has not tweeted me back yet. Of course, it is late in Baltimore, so I'll give him until tomorrow.... ;)

I said "big oops" but now that you mention it, it is incredibly centered and well-lit. Even if what you posted is a cropped frame...
It's a very closely cropped image of the frame. The portraits are at the center of the frame (sorta), but that's because they are at the end of a hallway. It's a tiny detail in the background of a group of 5 or so Firaxis people. I guess it's well lit because it's an office with artificial lighting.

EDIT: Here's the link to the actual shot in the YouTube video.

To my understanding, Firaxis are usually pretty good at fastidiously scrubbing the walls when outside people (such as a video crew) are visiting.

Actually, the sheet has nothing to do with Civ VI at all, it's the winners of the Costume Contest in the last office Halloween Party. The theme was "Historical World Leaders That Have More Than One Likeness Posted On The Web"...

For all you conspiracy theory people out there. Civ 6 channel tweets the following to present the video:

Get a first look at the key leads of the Civilization VI dev team.

Watch full video: 2kgam.es/CivilizationYT

Do you think "Get a first look at the key leads" is written eith double meaning? After all this discussion we're having, i this idea jumped to my mind when reading. It may be just coincidence, of course.

When this first dropped, I was sure that this was an unintentional leak, that either they missed the background image when filming or thought it was too far distant to be an issue ... but then there is that Civet.

As time has gone on I'm now more 50/50 between Oops and Puzzle

It's a very closely cropped image of the frame. The portraits are at the center of the frame (sorta), but that's because they are at the end of a hallway. It's a tiny detail in the background of a group of 5 or so Firaxis people. I guess it's well lit because it's an office with artificial lighting.

EDIT: Here's the link to the actual shot in the YouTube video.

Not only that but look how its hung on that wall. Exactly on the edge, and the bottom corner is actually sticking out *past* the edge of the wall.

No one hangs a poster like that ever, unless there's a reason.

Not only that but look how its hung on that wall. Exactly on the edge, and the bottom corner is actually sticking out *past* the edge of the wall.

No one hangs a poster like that ever, unless there's a reason.

It's not a poster. These pictures are placed on a wall fixture on the hallways. That's why it looks like it overhangs on the bottom. It's an optical illusion created by the corners of the boards.

Spoiler :

It's exact sort of thing that the guys are standing in front of in the foreground. Also, as has been pointed out in the other thread, it's actually 3 separate pieces of paper that are pinned there. Not one big sheet.

Edit: Added the wrong picture.

Top Bottom