Vincentz Mods [Modular] 2.7

I put the project file into the correct directory but nothing has changed in game.

I assume your directory structure looks like this ?

....Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Projects\Vincentz

and you have updated to Bts 3.19 RoM 2.71?

Are there any other folders in the projects folder than Vincentz?

Which other mods did you install?

vincentz Any folder in a folder, Modules, may contain a module that will be loaded?
Yes, the importent thing is that it is a folder already in the Main MLF. With another MLF inside that folder you'll be able to make multible mods like f.ex. my vincentz folder containing multible mods.

Folders custom units, civilization etc created just for organizing?
Yes, the problem is that the MLF cannot be modulized meaning if one modmodder puts a mod into custom units and edits the custom units MLF and another modmodder do the same, then the mod that was last put in will overwrite the MLF making only the last mod installed.

I assume your directory structure looks like this ?

....Civilization4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\Modules\Projects\Vincentz

and you have updated to Bts 3.19 RoM 2.71?

Are there any other folders in the projects folder than Vincentz?

Which other mods did you install?

My folder structure is correct. I have both 2.71 and 3.19. There is no other folder in Projects. And i installed Jooyos mods to but those didn't work either.

You need to check your MLF files.

It is a change introduced in 2.71 by ROM itself. Sorry for the brevity of the answer, there's a thread in the stickies...

You need to check your MLF files.

It is a change introduced in 2.71 by ROM itself. Sorry for the brevity of the answer, there's a thread in the stickies...

But it shouldnt matter with Vincentz Mods. I put it into a folder (Projects) that was already part of the vanilla MLF. Inside the Projects folder I have another MLF leading to vincentz, and if there is no other mod thats inside the Projects folder, then this file wouldnt be overwritten. Inside the vincentz folder I have yet another MLF that have all my mods included.

i reinstalled and RoM and your mods but they didn't work again. Wish i knew what the problem is.

I can only think of two things. It could be either some old cache somehow not being renewed, or it could be a setting in the CivilizationIV.ini

Try deleting the content of C:\Users\your profile\Desktop\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\

The game will recreate it, so dont worry, though it will delete any savegames you have.

To prevent that you could always just move the content elsewhere instead of deleting. If it doesnt solve your problem, then you can always just move it back.

An upload of 1.3 would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I'm almost tempted to backtrack on my comments about making the 5xp warlords buildable. I'm playing an Epic game, and I have 6-7 Warlord-led units already, just from ones I've captured. Particular AI seem to use them quite heavily (are they supposed to be capturable, when the AI are clearly building them?)

I'll upload it later today. Been kind of busy lately, and the main generator on the island broke down (again) so there is practically no electricity here. It will take at least a month to fix the generator (its Thailand ;)) so the planned changes will have to wait for 1.4.
I tried to play with the Warlords (single) being buildable, and I think its ok. The price is the same as Warlord (army) so its not a cheap/quick way of gaining that leader/xp.
I love the fact that AI build them and use them wisely. I saw one AI Warlord Captain with 60+ xp. Luckely it was my ally ;) They also dont dispand them when captured (like the workers) but ship them back to the main cities where they eventually join them with a unit. So I wont take that part out.

1. How do I remove these (S) units because I'm not interested in them. I just love Melee Warlords. They are cool enough :D.

2. Is it your intention that after I finally get Warlord Captain, that I still can train Warlord Chief?

Vincentz, I am using 1.2 and I can't upgrade my Warlord chief to Warlord captain. I can build the Warlord captain. I love Melee Warlords to.:D

Vincentz, I am using 1.2 and I can't upgrade my Warlord chief to Warlord captain. I can build the Warlord captain. I love Melee Warlords to.:D

There are limits, if you have 3 Warlord Captains, you can't upgrade Warlord Chief anymore till you either get Warlord Captain killed or disband him. Then you can upgrade the survivng Chief. Remember there is a national limit on each of Warlord unit.

I haven't kept up with your and AAranda's modmod changes so I got to ask if I need to add some new gamefonts for RoM v2.8? In case there's some icons still missing if both of your guilds/corporations and AAranda's corporations have been installed at the same time?

I made these gamefonts that works with my guilds/corporations or my guilds+Aarandas corporations. It wouldnt be recommended to use them with both my corporations+aarandas corporations as aaranda is using a couple of my corporations in his pack.
I'm not sure if Aaranda actually use these gamefonts in his corps or if he still uses his old gamefonts, but I think he'll change them if they became part of "vanilla" RoM 2.8 ;)

There are limits, if you have 3 Warlord Captains, you can't upgrade Warlord Chief anymore till you either get Warlord Captain killed or disband him. Then you can upgrade the survivng Chief. Remember there is a national limit on each of Warlord unit.
I forgot that. :p:blush:

Top Bottom